Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they went to Yellowstone to get rid of Tylee but there were just too many people there. So they decided to get it done someplace else-like back in Rexburg? Police clearly seem to think Tylee was dead soon after the Yellowstone trip.

The big question is who (apart from Chad, Lori and Alex) knew about the children's location in the first place? IMO nobody else needed to know.
But some people have a big mouth and they talk (that's how quite a few crimes eventually get solved). Either one of those could have confided in someone. Maybe even Alex before his demise from natural causes.

Respectfully snipped for focus.

So, here's the problem with doing anything in Yellowstone that involves blood: carrion creatures, including wolves. They would have attracted a lot of attention, either from looky-loos or wolf fans or wildlife cams or coyotes. And there's no telling where the cams are located.
That's not to mention carrion birds.

BUT....
All this time, I've been surprised that, per the photos, they seem to have gone into Yellowstone from Jackson Hole. The long way. I've gone through Rexburg to get to Yellowstone, and I went via West Yellowstone. It seems the most logical route to me. It's possible they made a loop trip and came back that way.

Here's the thing about that area of the park and that route. I was in a pretty pull-over rest area in woods by the river for 2 hours, by myself, no other tourists. Barely a car driving by on the road. IIRC the Park Ranger drove by at one point, but evidently to make sure I wasn't a hooligan or pitching a tent.
This rest area has a rest room.
For sure there would have been wildlife in this area, but a person freaked out by grizzlies and wolves wouldn't have felt they were an issue here.
SouthWest of West Yellowstone there are also long stretches of remote National Forest, but really, LV and CD strike me as being squeamish except maybe when it comes to murder.
This scenario would also require that they disable JJ so he can't see anything and blurt it out later.
My post says not inside Yellowstone, but somewhere remote they could get to on the journey from there.

moo

For me it’s a toss up between Ann Rule and VC Andrews .
Ann Rule had Diane Downs all figured out. LV is a serial version of Diane Downs, IMO.
The waltzing around, smirking, flirting, above the law, lack of empathy, the appeal to guys of a certain kind, fake blondes, child killer. Also child exploiter: they both tried to cultivate the image of "momminess", DD by being a paid surrogate and getting pregnant to sway a jury.
Just wait for LV's version of "shaggy-haired stranger".... oh, wait, CD almost fit the bill.
Ann Rule was right there. At the very beginning of that case. Every moment.
Ummm..... Diane Downs had a connection to Chandler AZ.

Is LV too old to get pregnant? I keep waiting for the "closet (portal) relationship" to have a predictable baby bump.
Sooooo Diane Downs.
Just wait for the prison escape.

East Idaho News
Salem residents tied bows with ribbon to honor of Joshua "JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan on Friday evening. Eric Grossarth spoke with Constance Haworth who says they took 4,000 yards of ribbon to tie the bows.

This is the famous Rexburg Cakes lady!!

83768554_260720085151743_3167568888946880101_n.jpg

Edit: Trying to paste video link.

Last edited:
ALL JMO:

Thinking on several posts here about the Chad & Lori dynamic, I personally have vacillated between two conclusions. Some context to my line of thinking: 1) MG said in her interview with Nate that Lori thought Tammy would die before Lori moved to Rexburg, but that didn't happen. We know from JR and MG that Chad had previously discussed a vision he'd had that Tammy would soon die in a car accident, but plans (his or God's? We know the answer... JMO) had changed. 2) *All* of those closest to Lori (with the exception of Alex's potentially natural death) died or nearly died before Tammy did (Charles, the kids, Brandon).

Based on this info, my thought is either:
  • Chad and Lori discussed offing inconvenient people, but Lori was much more gung ho/confident about it than Chad was. Lori successfully "got away" with CV's murder in July 2019, very much expecting Chad to fulfill his "end of the bargain" soon after. MG says when Tammy didn't die as expected, Lori decided to move to Rexburg anyway. Perhaps she continued upping pressure on Chad while in closer proximity. Even still, the kids and Brandon were the next-in-line targets before, ultimately, Tammy.
  • On the other hand, the (MOO) murder order could have had more to do with Chad's manipulation of Lori than with any squeamishness/lack of surety on his part. Chad ensured Lori took care of all of her "problems" (the way they saw it) before he attempted to do the same on his end, and conveniently, those who lived with him besides Tammy (at least one of his kids at the time, IIRC) were never a "problem."
Or, obviously, the order was completely coincidental based on opportunity. JMO MOO
I have often wondered if CD was originally planning a way to force a car accident for Tammy? Brakes, steering, etc.

I have often wondered if CD was originally planning a way to force a car accident for Tammy? Brakes, steering, etc.
I think he used the premonition of car accident because then people would think he couldn't possibly be involved in staging such a thing. He used the same story for his prediction for Charles.

Right?! I am sure my passport is red flagged at this point. I can tell you how to find records online in almost all states along with Yellowstone Death Zone, phone pinging off towers, encrypting all digital anything, and easy ways to kill people. MOO
Yeah, just don’t ever delete your Websleuths history (as if our history is ever really deleted :rolleyes: ). At least they will have an idea why we were doing all that “sleuthing”! :cool:

Can someone point me to the article or video that mentions Chad’s daughter was beginning to see the other side of him? Thanks.

This is Nate Eaton with Crime Online.. there is a bit of discussion regarding a youtuber named Tyson Draper who apparently did talk with Emma (but did not record), and he indicated she was seeing things differently...
SEE IT: Chad Daybell’s son speaks about dramatic developments in ‘Cult Mom’ missing children case at property where two bodies were found

But some people have a big mouth and they talk (that's how quite a few crimes eventually get solved). Either one of those could have confided in someone. Maybe even Alex before his demise from natural causes.
It's not something you would blurt out. The three people most likely involved pretended that the kids were in hiding, so it's not likely they would talk about grave locations. I'm not sure if Alex was conscious right before he died. Even if ZP or MBP knew, I don't see them (or any other member of Lori's family) coming forward to hurt Lori's case.

What makes you feel like Chad was a master manipulator?

He’s an astonishingly poor writer and nothing I’ve read of his was even remotely persuasive. You can see proof of this in the fact that his books never caught on to anyone outside of LDS. And even then, it appears that they only appealed to the New Age/prepper segment that had already self converted to that stuff. If he was even a somewhat decent or persuasive writer, his books would’ve interested a wider audience.

He also only had a “flock” of seven people. So it seems like he attracted folks who were predisposed through gullibility and the desire to lean into fringe, goofy stuff.

If he was skilled at manipulation or even persuasion, he wouldn’t be the nerd prince of misfits.

Yes, Chad self-published his books, having a captive audience of people on kooky websites who would buy them. When that wasn't lucrative, he charged people to publish their crazy books, and even that didn't earn much--hence the money problems before Tammy died. Tammy was working full time and doing the real legwork publishing the books, most likely layout, proofreading, design, finding a printer, watching the finances, etc. It seems all Chad did was "promote" them.

I agree Tylee was not killed in Yellowstone, I've always felt it was on their way home in a remote area which would be easy enough. JJ could have easily been asleep from a long day or with the help of a seditive. I would not be surprised if they told Tylee they would go to Yellowstone then onto BYU to enroll her in school. Imo Tylee does not look to happy judging by the picture. I think she was dismembered and bagged where they killed her. I say that because I dont think they would have had a chance to bury her in Chad's yard yet. They could easily have had tools with them to do this. If they did not do it there they could have done it in their garage but I would think there would be blood evidence left behind. Did Alex have his unit there yet, this is right around the time he would have had his lease start but dont know the exact date. I have a strong feeling that they brought Tylee back home and put her in a freezer till they had chance to dispose of her. This part was maybe not planned but a quick trip to a store a freezer could be bought. Now the day before on the 7th Tammy was at an event and Chad did not go with her. So we dont know if Chad was with Lori and/or Alex on the 7th putting a plan together. I dont think Chad killed Tylee but I believe he conspired with them and helped after the fact. The one thing that bothers me about my theory is why dismember her why not just bury her where they killed her. Why did they wait to bury her in Chad's yard. Did something happen that there original plan went off track.

IMO the problem with any "dismemberment in Yellowstone" or anything that involves blood or human burial in Yellowstone would be a big NO. It would be an animal magnet. Animals would practically advertise the spot.
And a buried limb? You'd have no control over where it would end up carried off in the mouth of an animal. It could show up in someone's favorite fishing spot, a parking lot, in the middle of a trail. And it could show up the very next day. And there are cameras everywhere...

IMO it would need to be as quiet and clean as possible.

We lived in a townhouse for a year while building our home in the country. The walls are like paper and we were constantly telling the kids to quiet down.

When we got moved into our new home, the kids turned the music loud, ran outside and screamed “we can be loud and nobody cares!”
Wasn't Melani or Alex or someone right next door? No need to be quiet....

I put together a timeline yesterday of the period from when Tylee was last seen to when Lori and Chad went to Hawaii in December and stayed there until her arrest.

I've excluded events which don't have much relevance to the locations of the key players. I've also made assumptions it is Alex at the storage unit when his pick up was used.

September

Week 8th to 14th

Sun 8th – Tylee is last seen, at Yellowstone with Lori, Alex and JJ.
Mon 9th -
Tue 10th
Wed 11th
Thu 12th
Fri 13th
Sat 14th

Week 15th to 21st

Sun 15th
Mon 16th
Tue 17th
Wed 18th
Thu 19th (to Mon 23rd) – MG stays with Lori and walks around BYU-Idaho with Lori and Chad. She says Alex was looking after JJ.
Fri 20th - MG with Lori
Sat 21st - MG with Lori

Week 22nd to 28th

Sun 22nd - MG with Lori
Mon 23rd – MG leaves ID believing JJ will go to Kay’s. Last day JJ is seen, at school.
Tue 24th – Lori unenrolled JJ from his school. Lori texted nanny that JJ had gone to stay with grandma and that Lori was in Hawaii.
Wed 25th
Thu 26th
Fri 27th
Sat 28th

29th to 30th

Sun 29th
Mon 30th – Tammy off work - two weeks spud harvest.

October

1st to 5th

Tue 1st – Tammy off work. pm: Lori rents a storage unit, drops off heavy tote. JCox had a 90 min phone call with Lori's phone no. and 'spoke with JJ'. Alex in AZ?
Wed 2nd – Tammy off work. am: BB shot at from Tylee’s Jeep in Gilbert AZ. pm: Lori and Chad take Jeep seat and tire to storage. Lori orders wedding rings.
Thu 3rd – Tammy off work. pm: Lori and Alex (back in ID) take the Jeep seat and tire back out of storage.
Fri 4th – Tammy visits her parents in Utah.
Sat 5th - Tammy in Utah?

Week 6th to 12th

Sun 6th – Tammy in Utah? pm: Alex visits storage and takes something out.
Mon 7th – Wedding ring delivered by Amazon to Lori in Rexburg. Tammy off work.
Tue 8th - Tammy off work.
Wed 9th – pm: Tammy is back in ID, has encounter with armed masked man in her driveway. Chad at home that evening.
Thu 10th - Tammy off work - in ID
Fri 11th - Tammy off work - in ID
Sat 12th - Tammy in ID.

Week 13th to 19th

Sun 13th - Tammy in ID.
Mon 14th – Tammy's school reopens after spud harvest.
Tue 15th – MB texts BB and tells him she is moving to Boise. Has she already visited Lori in ID since Sep?
Wed 16th – am: Alex puts something into storage unit.
Thu 17th
Fri 18th – pm: Tammy goes to bed coughing and dies in the night.
Sat 19th

Week 20th to 26th

Sun 20th
Mon 21st
Tue 22nd – Tammy’s funeral is held in Utah. pm: Alex takes something out of storage. MB no show for her child custody hearing.
Wed 23rd – Tammy’s memorial service in Rexburg. Possibly the day Lori invited Daybell kids round for cookies.
Thu 24th – Chad moved out of the family home. He says he wants to sell it. Bonfire around now??
Fri 25th – noon – Alex takes something out of storage. Possibility MB arrives in Rexburg – she says she visited Lori over a weekend and she is there on Monday 28th.
Sat 26th – pm: Alex puts something into storage.

27th to 31st

Sun 27th
Mon 28th – pm: Alex and Chad move items including kids’ bikes into storage. MB signs a lease agreement in Rexburg.
Tue 29th – Lori’s neighbor’s ring doorbell captures female - Summer? - arriving at Lori’s apt. Lori and Chad fly to HI to get married btw now and 5th Nov.
Wed 30th
Thu 31st – pm: MB and Alex fly from ID to Mesa AZ. MB hires a U-Haul from Gilbert AZ Self Storage.

November

1st to 2nd

Fri 1st – A Gilbert PD investigating BB’s shooting begins surveilling Lori.
Sat 2nd – MB and Alex search for her children.

Week 3rd to 9th

Sun 3rd - MB and Alex search for her children.
Mon 4th – Alex and MB arrive in Rexburg.
Tue 5th – Chad and Lori marry in Kauai.
Wed 6th - Chad and Lori in HI
Thu 7th - Chad and Lori in HI
Fri 8th - Chad and Lori in HI
Sat 9th - Chad and Lori in HI

Week 10th to 16th

Sun 10th - Chad and Lori in HI
Mon 11th - Chad and Lori in HI
Tue 12th – 6pm - MB trespassed onto BB’s parents’ property in Fork, Utah. Chad and Lori in HI
Wed 13th - Chad and Lori in HI
Thu 14th – MB with Alex again trespassed onto BB’s parents’ property in Utah. She was arrested and Alex posted her bail. Chad and Lori in HI
Fri 15th – approx.. – Chad and Lori returned to Rexburg.
Sat 16th - Chad and Lori in ID

Week 17th to 23rd

Sun 17th
Mon 18th
Tue 19th – approx.. – a police officer knocked on neighbor’s doors asking about Lori and children.
Wed 20th – MB meets IP for a first date.
Thu 21st – Lori logged into JJ’s classroom app.
Fri 22nd
Sat 23rd

Week 24th to 30th

Sun 24th – around noon – Lori and Chad remove items from and place items into storage. This is the last visit to storage by anybody.
Mon 25th
Tue 26th – attempted welfare check on JJ. Chad tried to drive away. Chad told police he last saw JJ in October. Lori and Alex packing up a truck in the night.
Wed 27th – The apartments are raided and all have gone. Police search storage unit. Alex and MB go to AZ and Lori and Chad go to California.
Thu 28th – Thanksgiving – MB and IP in AZ decide to get married. MG visits Alex in AZ and discusses zombies? Lori and Chad in Cali.
Fri 29th – 8pm – Alex marries ZP in Las Vegas. Lori and Chad in Cali.
Sat 30th – 5pm – MB marries IP in Las Vegas. Alex in Las vegas. Lori and Chad in Cali.

December

Week 1st to 7th

Sun 1st – Lori and Chad fly from LA to Kauai. Boxes from ID arrive in HI first week of Dec. Alex in Las vegas.
Mon 2nd - Lori and Chad in Kauai. Alex in Las Vegas.
Tue 3rd – MBP interviewed by police in ID. Lori and Chad in Kauai. Alex in Las Vegas.
Wed 4th - Lori and Chad in Kauai. Alex in Las Vegas.
Thu 5th – IP and his ex-wife NP interviewed by police. Alex is still in Las Vegas with ZP. Lori and Chad in Kauai.
Fri 6th
Sat 7th
Fabulous, as usual.
Are these details worth adding??
Alex Cox evicted (i think the long conversations with JCox have something to do with this too)
Melanie visit to Lori
Chad flight to Mesa
Melanie, Chad and Lori at BYU
???Where did Melanie fly out of or into (AZ, UT??)

Could it have been Chad that fired upon Tammy in the driveway? Whoever it was ran around the back of the house (which if you didn't know exactly the layout of the acreage) doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If I were to do something like this (never would) but even toilet papering houses as a kid - I would never dream of running in their backyard to hide - it feels too much like "their turf" and they would know spots to look much better than I.
Tammy did say she hollered for him - so he wasn't right next to her (or was he?)
She might have recognized him but if he were all in black in a snowsuit (or something that disguised his shape a bit) and she was so startled - it may not have registered. I know this is pretty remote for a theory but I just have to wonder.
Why involved others in a murder plot if you don't have to . . . less leaks. IMO

Could it have been Chad that fired upon Tammy in the driveway? Whoever it was ran around the back of the house (which if you didn't know exactly the layout of the acreage) doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If I were to do something like this (never would) but even toilet papering houses as a kid - I would never dream of running in their backyard to hide - it feels too much like "their turf" and they would know spots to look much better than I.
Tammy did say she hollered for him - so he wasn't right next to her (or was he?)
She might have recognized him but if he were all in black in a snowsuit (or something that disguised his shape a bit) and she was so startled - it may not have registered. I know this is pretty remote for a theory but I just have to wonder.
Why involved others in a murder plot if you don't have to . . . less leaks. IMO

What holds me up on Chad being that shooter is his height. I think Tammy would have recognized him. Jmo

Every time we see a newbie...we MUST send them to @Gardner1850 timeline. When she writes the "big book", we will all contribute to the very best details that have to be included is said book.

I think this has come up before. If a member posts here something, the rights belong to Websleuths/Tricia?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong... but @Gardener1850 has given her rights as to a book using the timeline we all have followed, to Websleuths by posting on the site?

My post says not inside Yellowstone, but somewhere remote they could get to on the journey from there.

moo
You're right, I see your post makes clear you weren't thinking inside the Park.
IMO the same unknowns would apply in a near-road wilderness area as in Yellowstone. No telling what animals will do to your victim's body parts.
If you've ever been on the AT, especially down south, people pee near the trail and don't pack out their toilet paper. They leave toilet paper wads, buried or not buried. It's disgusting. Anyway, animals drag this stuff all around, dig it up, and stuff goes everywhere. Animals big and small. Birds, raccoons, black bears, vultures, mice....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member