Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed WS for a long time but this is my first post. Ever. My apologies for intruding into what has been a very interesting discussion.

I am curious about something and I am hoping others might help. I went through the prosecution's witness list and there are several names there that I don't recognize at all, even though I've been following this case from the beginning. I know we are restricted in what we can say on this site, but are others as bewildered? I am familiar with disclosure obligations (at least in Canada), so I would expect that sources for LE would have to be listed here.

Welcome :)
Is there a quick link to the witness list? I missed that.

The only way to take out and destroy a "zombie" is by destroying it's brain. Nothing else works. Geesh. Off to prepare my zombie eliminator kit. :rolleyes::eek::eek:
You must be a WD fan also LOL
I was shocked when I very first heard the CD wrote to LVD about the "Zombie list" and the light and dark.
I honestly could not believe that some people ( CD and LVD) actually believed this. (Maybe even MP, AxC and MG believed it also)
It just seems too far out there yet a few did believe that.

Not sure if this has been posted or not - or if it's allowed, eep! - but it's the site for the Idaho Judicial Branch's cases of interest. It's a one-stop market for case files re: State of Idaho v. Chad Guy Daybell. If you scroll down to Madison county you can get same for Lori's mess.

Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest
This is a great source, thank you. I hope we can get it linked at the first of the thread or something.

Hang in there. We needed a full time timeline person in @Gardener1850 when this case first got our attention. I just lost an hour of my life learning how to used "dowsing rods" to find unmarked graves. :eek:
Well, I just googled "Dowsing rods" as I find a lot of my info online (genealogy and family) so I never heard of this.
Very interesting

I can't recall a case where someone's statement either to lawyers or police, was introduced as evidence, without a least calling the person themselves to repeat and swear to the details in the statement. The important thing is not what they said in the past, but what they say in the court of law.
I’m sorry, I am so confused by your post. That is simply not true. Of course what one says in the past can be used. And Of course evidence of statements to the police can and is introduced as evidence without that person being called and repeating and swearing to the statement.
That person may never be called and their statements stand. That’s simply not true. Jmo

I’m sorry, I am so confused by your post. That is simply not true. Of course what one says in the past can be used. And Of course evidence of statements to the police can and is introduced as evidence without that person being called and repeating and swearing to the statement.
That person may never be called and their statements stand. That’s simply not true. Jmo
Sorry, I'm talking about someone who is not charged with a crime but is a potential witness of some sort.

She didn't lie to any police as far as we know. She lied to a reporter. If that were illegal all of our politicians would be in prison.

I'm surprised she hasn't been questioned by the police since giving such statement to the media. I would think they would want to talk to anyone that had contact with JJ since the last time he was seen alive.

If it is later proven that JC lied (or intentionally mislead) LE about the 10/1 phone call, could she be charged with obstruction of justice? - or is it only a crime to lie to the FBI, and not to state and local police?
Hopefully she would be charged.
But I think the whole family are a bunch of liars and don't believe most of what they say.
JMO

Has anyone else watched the part about Chad and Lori? It starts about 12:10. The THEORY is If I understand this correctly, in the beginning of the day of the police dig, there was a female in a baseball hat pointing out where the graves were?! Much like in the Kelsey Berreth case?! Supposedly some pictures are ‘out there’ but is it Lori?! It was said, it is hard to tell.
Interesting for sure.....

If it is later proven that JC lied (or intentionally mislead) LE about the 10/1 phone call, could she be charged with obstruction of justice? - or is it only a crime to lie to the FBI, and not to state and local police?

IMO, it would be impossible to determine the truth. The call was not recorded, so whether she spoke to JJ or not will likely never be determined.

Whether or not she is called as a witness at trial, will likely depend on whether the prosecution puts forward a specific date/time JJ died, and who is accused of his death.

For the record, my memory seems to play tricks on me BUT IIRC Alex told LE Lori lived or was in #107 when she really lived in #175. They checked #107 and it was empty or unoccupied. They also asked Chad when the last time he saw the kids and he said last time he saw JJ was in #107. So was it unoccupied or did Alex live there and it just appeared unoccupied?

Maybe #107 was just for storing the remains? Sorry for the gruesome suggestion but something has always seemed "off" about the extra apartment that nobody(?) was really living in.

I'm stuck on a couple of timeline details that might be significant.

MG said in the interview that she visited Lori over a weekend beginning September 19th. That was a Thursday and is the same day that Chad flew to Phoenix and told a fellow passenger he was going to help a relative remodel. MG flew home on the 23rd I think, or possibly the 22nd.

MG reports that she, Lori, and Chad walked the track at BYI-I. The only days they could have done that were Friday the 20th or Saturday the 21st. If Chad were in Rexburg on Sunday the 22nd he almost certainly would have been expected to be in church and spending the rest of the day with family, right?

We don't know how long Chad stayed in Phoenix but it would be very strange to fly on a Thursday and not stay through the weekend. I'm not sure I buy the remodeling story but regardless of what his business was I would think he would stay a couple of days, to get a cheaper ticket if for no other reason.

So that makes me think that Melanie is mistaken on which weekend she was in Rexburg. I think she was there the weekend before, September 12-15 or 16. I would also note that there were 2 podcasts in September, one on the 7th and one on the 16th. The one on the 16th was CD,LV, and MG. The earlier one was just MG and LV. I don't think LV or MG have the tech skills to produce a podcast. I think the one on the 7th was prerecorded in Phoenix before LV moved with help of JM and the one on the 16 was produced during MG visit to Rexburg with CD help.

If MG is mistaken about the weekend she visited then that means another friend visited on the 19th. And whoever that was islikely the last to see JJ alive, and could very well have been brought in to assist with the "wet work." Chad may even have made a day trip to pickup this mystery person.

Last edited:
Ok guys! Actually that is an expression I should change. Ok everyone! I have one rule in my home to enter... must love Cagney and Lacey reruns lol. New 2nd rule, must love “The Wall” which I am going to chill out with the pup and watch.
My point? Please put this thread on complete hold for me while I take a break. Do not post a thing! Lol
Only zombies would not. :):D
I have never seen "The Wall" but it is hosted by my nerd crush, Chris Hardwick.
who also Hosts Talking Dead-- about zombies, so sort of related to this case. LOL

Has anyone else watched the part about Chad and Lori? It starts about 12:10. The THEORY is If I understand this correctly, in the beginning of the day of the police dig, there was a female in a baseball hat pointing out where the graves were?! Much like in the Kelsey Berreth case?! Supposedly some pictures are ‘out there’ but is it Lori?! It was said, it is hard to tell.
Interesting for sure.....

I did watch that and it is the first time I have heard that. I wonder who is the source for that and where are the pictures? I would think she would have had her stripes on and flip flop shoes.

Is there a chance that on Nov. 26 when CD and AC were confronted by the officers outside the town home units, that CD and AC were, in fact, at that very moment, relocating human remains?

As alleged in the Judge's Summary Charging statement: "destroy, alter and/or conceal human remains, knowing that said human remains were about to be produced, used and/or discovered as evidence in a felony proceeding"
The language of criminal charges are already set by law, they're not written for each particular case. That's why there's so many and/ors. There are (sealed) details to the particular case, setting out the facts that lead to this charge being made.

Maybe #107 was just for storing the remains? Sorry for the gruesome suggestion but something has always seemed "off" about the extra apartment that nobody(?) was really living in.

ITA! I didn't see it stated whether Chad or Alex mentioned to LE that this was Alex's residence or just referred to it as #107.

I'm stuck on a couple of timeline details that might be significant.

MG said in the interview that she visited Lori over a weekend beginning September 19th. That was a Thursday and is the same day that Chad flew to Phoenix and told a felow passenger he was going to help a relative remodel. MG flew home on the 23rd I think, or possibly the 22nd.

MG reports that she, Lori, and Chad walked the track at BYI-I. The only days they could have done that were Friday the 20th or Saturday the 21st. If Chad were in Rexburg on Sunday the 22nd he almost certainly would have been expected to be in church and spending the rest of the day with family, right?

We don't know how long Chad stayed in Phoenix but it would be very strange to fly on a Thursday and not stay through the weekend. I'm not sure I buy the remodeling story but regardless of what his business was I would think he would stay a couple of days, to get a cheaper ticket if for no other reason.

So that makes me think that Melanie is mistaken on which weekend she was in Rexburg. I think she was there the weekend before, September 12-15 or 16. I would also note that there were 2 podcasts in September, one on the 7th and one on the 16th. The one on the 16th was CD,LV, and MG. The earlier one was just MG and LV. I don't think LV or MG have the tech skills to produce a podcast. I think the one on the 7th was prerecorded in Phoenix before LV moved with help of JM and the one on the 16 was produced during MG visit to Rexburg with CD help.

If MG is mistaken about the weekend she visited then that means another friend visited on the 19th. And whoever that was islikely the last to see JJ alive, and could very well have been brought in to assist with the "wet work." Chad may even have made a day trip to pickup this mystery person.
Why does it mean someone else was there on the 19th? That’s the only part I’m lost on. Did MG fly or drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl