Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone earlier posted about a chapter in one of CD's books discussing this time as a gravedigger and how he was able to dig frozen ground by using lots of gas and lighting it on fire. I have not read any of his books (nor do I have any desire) but the poster did cite chapter.
The ground may not have been frozen at that time. We're talking September/October?

The weather history at the Idaho falls station doesn’t indicate that the ground would have been frozen until December. Of course, we know where Chad was in December. Idaho Falls, ID Weather History | Weather Underground
Someone earlier posted about a chapter in one of CD's books discussing this time as a gravedigger and how he was able to dig frozen ground by using lots of gas and lighting it on fire. I have not read any of his books (nor do I have any desire) but the poster did cite chapter.

DBM--duplicate

Last edited:
The ground may not have been frozen at that time. We're talking September/October?
I honestly think that is too small of a window of time. That is why I was hoping for more aerial photos of the area from Sept through June if at possible (if they exist). He could have buried them during a period of time when we all thought the ground was too frozen to bury if he did use a freezer to preserve the remains until the coast was more clear to be able to do the dirty part of his deeds.
MOO

Re bonfires... I always thought that these bonfires could be either CD burning bodies or maybe his kids having fun. Correct me if i'm wrong but some of them moved into the house after Tammy died, right? I know young people love having big bonfires... the bigger the better. I lived beside a neighbour who had adult kids and whenever they would visit they had big fires in the middle of the night. Of course you would also hear laughter and chatter and it was clear that this was young people having fun. But here is the thing... If it was indeed his children having bonfires then when the neighbour's statement was released regarding the unusual fires, i would think the kids would come forward and straighten things out. JMO MOO

Exactly. My impression was that the neighbor reported it because it stood out to him as unusual -- not an everyday occurrence. Of course, that's JMO, but I don't think he would have bothered if bonfires were a routine occurrence at Casa Daybell.

I think she is off the edge, but I think she is true believer. JMO

I generally agree. I don't think true belief in this case is mitigating in any way (note: I absolutely don't think that's implied in your post).

LVD could be a dedicated acolyte of the Peanuts Great Pumpkin, devoting herself to its precepts and teachings, delivering Pumpkin podcasts and enthusiastically reading all the Pumpkin-related books she can get her paws on, dressing in mellow orange (or even prison orange) in homage to the GP, joining up with all the others committed to gathering the 144,00 into the Great Pumpkin Patch in order to witness the Pumpkin Pontiff anointed with the awesome power to heal all the world -- and she'd still be a self-involved cruel, grifting child (and adult) murderer. Her crimes may be a consequence of her true beliefs but they sure as heck weren't caused by them.

No recent case makes me madder. I have to go back to Ethan Stacy in Utah to want to scream this loud and often. Must step away.

Hey Everybody! Still following along.
Just wanted to add my thoughts to this. A lot of government agencies require proof of things which keep benefits going for quite some time. She could have needed to "prove" JJ was being educated. I never saw that she had income per say, so with what we know about Lori loving not having to work with money, I'd say the main reason JJ went to school was for a check. I bet when court discovery finally comes out we see Lori was collecting large sums of money from various government agencies.
sortof off topic.... but every time I see Lori taking advantage of federal programs for money, I am reminded of the Cox Faily tradition of fighting the government for years, regarding taxes and who knows what else. She never had a job in recent years, but I think she really worked hard at how to get money off the backs of her husbands and kids,

The weather history at the Idaho falls station doesn’t indicate that the ground would have been frozen until December. Of course, we know where Chad was in December. Idaho Falls, ID Weather History | Weather Underground

I’m going to go ahead and add screenshots of the September 2019 temperatures from Idaho falls station.
Idaho Falls, ID Weather History | Weather Underground
upload_2020-6-17_16-26-14.pngupload_2020-6-17_16-26-55.png
upload_2020-6-17_16-27-17.png
Below freezing temps did not occur until December consistently.

As a matter of fact, I have a lap lane reserved this afternoon.

That's a good clue as to what it is! But without any crops in his acreage, would one of those deterrents be necessary? Unless it's old, and there used to be crops there. JMO

This black dog on the cinder block is so intriguing to me for some reason... Is it maybe some sort of animal deterrent, like those fake owls?

How did LVD explain having Tylees jeep? Are freshman allowed vehicles at BYUI? If Tylee loved her jeep so much, why did LVD have it? When it not seen coming and going, how was this explained? If she had it coming over to eat and wash clothes, per hired Nannie, where was it kept? If MBP was driving it, how was that explained? Where was Tylees jeep?
perhaps hidden in the garage?

I agree, we may all need to wait until after July before the defendents will take their incarceration seriously. But I doubt either will go off the edge, researchers have studied what happens when prophesies about the end of the world fail, and people always find a way to ratonalize it away, for eg:

"The Seekers abandoned their jobs, possessions, and spouses to wait for the flying saucer, but neither the aliens nor the apocalypse arrived. After several uncomfortable hours on the appointed day, Martin received a “message” saying that the group “had spread so much light that God had saved the world from destruction.” Apocalypse 2011: What happens to a doomsday cult when the world doesn't end?

It will be harder because they can't share with each other what went wrong, but I imagine each of them will blame other people for why God called it off.

Exactly.
We will probably hear from one of them that the big event was rescheduled because the current environment is not conducive enough for it. Or some other such nonsense.

As far as I can tell, it was Chad, Tammy, and one of their sons living there. Tammy worked, not sure what son was doing, but Chad presumably worked from home when he wasn't attending his conferences and seminars. So he might have had time to do burials during the day when no one else was home.

In broad daylight? I know it's a rural-ish area, and I'm usually the first one to say "criminals are dumb", but would he have taken that risk?

Maybe it is some sort of ceramic, or even a painted metal statue? I doubt it has anything to do with the burial, unless a certain digger made a type of incognito memorial. One that might only mean something to him (her? them?) JMO (I swear I feel like I'm signing something, each time I type "JMO"!)

That's what it looks like to me. Ceramic, one leg might be broken. Maybe resin or painted wood or metal. Cast iron animal figures are popular yard and garden decorations.

Possibly the stuffed dog brought to the site for cadaver dogs.
I think it is a dog grave. BTW I have a fake owl.
To me it looked ceramic because a piece is missing. Jmo it looks like something you would dig up in a yard that maybe a previous owner discarded years ago. I wonder when Chad was digging if he came across it and set it aside. Spooky wish we did know the answer to this not sure why it bothers me.

It does look like a dog/puppy that's missing a leg. IMO. Dang, we have an added mystery here!

This is my first post, please bear with me. Several threads back, someone posted a picture of the dig spot, showing the orange duffle bag, on the blue tarp. The FBI photographer (CSI person?) is taking a picture, and that area of ground, IMO, looks stained, from bodily oils/fluids/decomp. The inside/bottom of the orange duffle (I can see handles on it) bag looks to be rotted out, from decomp. As far as any remains inside, that's hard to tell.

But, regarding the picture, at the bottom of that "H" looking thing, there's a cinder block. On that block is something black. I've blown up the picture, and IMO, it looks like a toy puppy. Any ideas on it? Again, this is JMO (lol those are my initials!) Thanks!
anyone spot this in earlier pics? I'm wondering if it was used as some sort of marker so that LE could easily locate the grave(s).

How did LVD explain having Tylees jeep? Are freshman allowed vehicles at BYUI? If Tylee loved her jeep so much, why did LVD have it? When it not seen coming and going, how was this explained? If she had it coming over to eat and wash clothes, per hired Nannie, where was it kept? If MBP was driving it, how was that explained? Where was Tylees jeep?

When or to whom would she have had to explain it? Nobody would have pressed her on this fact until LE eventually did, when she was extradited back to Idaho. And we know how their questioning of her went, more or less -- she declined to answer or she lied. She would not have told the authorities that TR was at BYUI because even she knew that LE could easily verify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member