Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! Glad you are here! Great first post.

I do wonder what that little dog (looks like to me) was all about. I do know if it had come from the burial site it would not be sitting on the cinder block. They’d be preserving the evidence. My guess is it’s either a toy of JJ’s with his scent on it for the cadaver dog. It sure is ironic that it is black like JJ’s dog was. (Not sure if a cadaver dog can actually look for a live persons scent) Or, maybe it was a toy for the actual cadaver dog that was on site. Maybe @vislaw can give us an idea. Is it even possible that one of the people working the crime scene has some superstition like bringing something like that to the scene?

ETA: I wonder if it was some sort of ceramic statue already there? I’ll look back at before pics.

Thanks for the nice welcome!

Yes, a superstitious thing for one of the LE people, or for JJ's scent. If it was a cadaver dog's "reward" toy, wouldn't it be with its handler, and not there on the cinder block? IMO, it's way too clean to have been in with a decomposing body, and would probably already be in an evidence bag. It does look like there are sunglasses on it.

Of course, JMO

I agree, we may all need to wait until after July before the defendents will take their incarceration seriously. But I doubt either will go off the edge, researchers have studied what happens when prophesies about the end of the world fail, and people always find a way to ratonalize it away, for eg:

"The Seekers abandoned their jobs, possessions, and spouses to wait for the flying saucer, but neither the aliens nor the apocalypse arrived. After several uncomfortable hours on the appointed day, Martin received a “message” saying that the group “had spread so much light that God had saved the world from destruction.” Apocalypse 2011: What happens to a doomsday cult when the world doesn't end?

It will be harder because they can't share with each other what went wrong, but I imagine each of them will blame other people for why God called it off.
They will just say its agency of why the world didn't end:rolleyes:

I remember hearing it too - of course no one really knows what was in JJ's head so it may just be anecdotal. IIRC it might have been the Nanny (not named Zanny). It might have been in her statement about comments made to her by LVD. But of course, there are too many trauma's for me about "blame the Nanny" to bring up so I want to qualify that I am not blaming the Nanny for making this statement.
(some of you will understand my PTSD).
I think it came from the Life school he attended in Az

Who exactly was living in that house around the time the children went missing, I wonder?
As far as I can tell, it was Chad, Tammy, and one of their sons living there. Tammy worked, not sure what son was doing, but Chad presumably worked from home when he wasn't attending his conferences and seminars. So he might have had time to do burials during the day when no one else was home.

We don't know for sure if the bodies were burned or not, do we? I agree, children almost certainly wasn't alive after last seen.
I've just assumed that burning would create a terrible smell, and it was too close to other people's homes to even attempt it. Also, to be effective, burning is usually in some kind of incinerator, even just a barrel, rather than an open bonfire. Also, if you are going to bury deeply, what is the benefit of burning, it just draws attention to yourself.

As far as I can tell, it was Chad, Tammy, and one of their sons living there. Tammy worked, not sure what son was doing, but Chad presumably worked from home when he wasn't attending his conferences and seminars. So he might have had time to do burials during the day when no one else was home.
Would he bury them in broad daylight? Just thinking logistics. He'd be out in the open next to a fairly busy road, but maybe he pulled it off.

We don't know for sure if the bodies were burned or not, do we? I agree, children almost certainly wasn't alive after last seen.
True, we don't. But we know that the term egregous was only used for Tylee's remains. If they were taken to Chad's house together, they could have been treated the same way there and probably not put in two separate graves, although the latter has not been confirmed either.

Last edited:
Chad had visited the home Lori shared with Charles in AZ. Chad knew all about Lori and her children. IMO

He certainly knew enough about them to designate them as zombies, marked for elimination.

Also pretty clear to me that his description of LVD as an "empty nester" was wishful thinking for them both. Yeah, the nest was indeed empty, but not because the babies had fledged.

(No links because this info has been discussed to the nth here)

So you think CD buried them on his property while TD was alive? I am just trying to figure it out.
I keep coming back to this too. But if the Daybell family worked during the day, it would have been possible for the burials to take place without anyone being aware. Risky, yes, but not impossible.
I would imagine that having killed someone, you would want to dispose of the body asap. I cannot see anyone in this group storing bodies. And if it is correct that the bodies were not together (remember the two dig sites), this indicates to me, perhaps 2 burials on 2 separate days.

I think there are very weird dynamics at play here. At the moment I don't see CD killing either of the children. I believe that this was L. I do believe though, that CD incited these murders (one way or another). I need more information on the Cox family dynamics, but i think there may have been help in disposing of the bodies from outside of the immediate group. At the moment, I see CD as a coward. I don't yet think that he has it in him to kill, but he certainly is culpable in other ways.

ETA - I forgot to MOO

Last edited:
WOW! Thanks, that is the clearest shot yet. I can see where it shows up in our photos after 1st hole is dug, but cannot verify that it is not there before. I’m sure where it came from, but as has been said, facts are all that will matter.

ETA Saw this next post with a twitter photo from 11/23/19. Looks like the item is there then as well.

ETA It was a post stating it was there earlier, I need a break, can’t even read right!

Maybe it is some sort of ceramic, or even a painted metal statue? I doubt it has anything to do with the burial, unless a certain digger made a type of incognito memorial. One that might only mean something to him (her? them?) JMO (I swear I feel like I'm signing something, each time I type "JMO"!)

People probably wouldn't care if they saw him digging at that time? Nobody knew children were missing, Tammy was still alive.
Good point. Maybe he dug during the day and did the rest at night. I still can't figure out why nobody noticed the disturbed earth though. It's a large plot of land, maybe three acres, but surely someone must have gone out there from time to time.

IMO, yes, they were buried when Chad priohetically/convent lyrics sent Tammy to Utah to visit her parents in early October. I think a big rural bonfire wouldn't have been given a lot of thought by neighbors before Tammy's death. But a big fire just after her death would have seemed weird. I know I would have wondered what they were burning, if they were getting rid of Tammy's things, etc, which would have seemed fishy right after a sudden death. I think that would have made the neighbors more likely to pin down the time line if it had beenjust after her death.
MOO
The neighbor said on the news that the first bonfire happened AFTER Tammy's death.

I've just assumed that burning would create a terrible smell, and it was too close to other people's homes to even attempt it. Also, to be effective, burning is usually in some kind of incinerator, even just a barrel, rather than an open bonfire. Also, if you are going to bury deeply, what is the benefit of burning, it just draws attention to yourself.
You might want to take a look at the Mackenzie Lueck case. Smaller home, more neighbors and possible Airbnb renters yet she was indeed burned in the backyard. But yes, I’ve heard what you say about the smell.

I do seem to remember a pic of the jeep taken by the PI hired to watch MB. It was in a garage in Az late Oct early Nov IIRC. Anyone have the pic and link handy? It was seized in Rexburgh though. Maybe MBP was using it ever since Tylee had disappeared. MOO.
How did LVD explain having Tylees jeep? Are freshman allowed vehicles at BYUI? If Tylee loved her jeep so much, why did LVD have it? When it was not seen coming and going, how was this explained? If Tylee had it coming over to eat and wash clothes, per hired Nannie, where was it kept? If MBP was driving it, how was that explained? Where was Tylees jeep?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member