Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: bonfires
I just got to thinking about that picture (I think it was Apple brand of the aerial photo) that showed the bright green spot in the area where the remains were found. Does anyone have the tech savvy to check to see if there are older aerials from that same viewer?

It is probably a huge longshot since there was a small window of opportunity before snow fell, but IIRC the ground was not that covered in late December in that area. A major snow fall happened in January.

Honestly, I keep waiting for a statement from LVD about her sadness about finding her kids. (Don't beat me up guys) I just mean something to the effect of I am deeply saddened at learning confirmation of the deaths. Just something, even through her Attorney acknowledging that yes she has received confirmation and that she is sad. She doesn't have to say more (I am sure her Atty is advising her not to say anything) but still.
It just feels even more abrasive than the whole "That's great" comment to reporters when they told her people are praying for the safe return of her children.
Even more "disconnecting" behavior to me. She has been "disconnected" for quite some time it would appear, and only wants to connect to CD. Her entire world keeps shrinking, people disappear and die and it's just CD & LVD against the world.
She was disconnecting and elevating herself when she did the podcast about how her children must go through pain to be successful. MP said she hadn't spoken to LVD since December (not sure that is true).

I'm with you on this. The day CD was arrested, I expected a statement from LVD or her lawyer expressing her shock and horror or SOME kind of acknowledgement of the death of her chidren. It was just weird that there was nothing at all (other than the unsourced allegation that she had a "-fit" in her cell).

Re: the black dog...

Cadaver dogs alert when they smell chemicals released by the body during decomp, they do not need an individual's personal item to establish a scent. From my experience (which comes from, uh, watching movies ;) ), that would be more likely to be used by a dog searching for a live human.

I think it's either decorative or a pet grave marker. MOO as someone who has dozens of ceramic and metal yard decorations around my farm, left here by the previous owner and just...not yet thrown out by us.

Do I think it's important to the case? Nope.

Speculating again - somebody who had just helped clean out the apartments buried them there that same day. JMO
This. I can't stop connecting the trips to the self-storage unit, the heavy storage bin(s), and an empty apartment. Pioneer->bins->storage unit->Daybell bonfires.

Edit: I'm not even saying all this happened the same day, just that in my mind this was the journey, over whatever length of time.

BBM-- A camera that looks like a dog ???
Like a secret security camera so nobody knows it is a camera ??
LOL
I am not disputing you, I just see a dog sitting there. haha

I think if i remember correctly, at the time people were speculating that maybe it was a piece of equipment, possibly camera that from a certain perspective looked like a dog. But i think there was only one image discussed at that time and it was not as clear as those posted today. From the images posted today, at least for me, i think it's clear that this is indeed a dog of some kind... cast iron dog, ceramic dog or stuffed dog, i have no idea.

JMO MOO

Obviously I misremembered. Sorry for misleading anyone. I can't recall where I have seen the same discussion.
No need to be sorry and I was not laughing at you.
I was just laughing at myself thinking it was like a security camera in disguise as I read too many mystery books and watch to much crime TV, so my wild imagination took over.
I need a life. :P

BBM- I have not heard that before-- that JJ truly believed his dad was alive and just traveling !!
Do you have a link for that, please ??
I am just curious about that.
TIA
I remember hearing it too - of course no one really knows what was in JJ's head so it may just be anecdotal. IIRC it might have been the Nanny (not named Zanny). It might have been in her statement about comments made to her by LVD. But of course, there are too many trauma's for me about "blame the Nanny" to bring up so I want to qualify that I am not blaming the Nanny for making this statement.
(some of you will understand my PTSD).

Well, even if that were true, he then immediately called MG and asked her to lie.

Yeah....you're right about that.

ETA: Chad could have called Lori, informs her about the police asking about the kids, and then they both called MG and asked her to lie; so at that point, Chad definitely knew that Lori didn't know where they were. Possible scenario, JMO

I'm a scientist. I am HIGHLY skeptical of this. But I have also personally witnessed numerous situations where dowsing seemed to work. I remain open minded but think it probably has something to do with human intuition in many cases and the fact that in many areas, wells are always productive if you dig deep enough.

I'm skeptical too, but on the other hand, I watched my maternal grandfather successfully dowse more than once, not just wells but as somebody else mentioned the location of underground pipes, and once a septic tank that wasn't where the plat said it should be. You're probably right about intuition and perhaps perception of details that other people overlook, but it's impressive to watch.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to connect to the case, though. It's probably no more meaningful than whether CD or LV knew how to make breakfast pancakes. Not everything is a clue.

Obviously I misremembered. Sorry for misleading anyone. I can't recall where I have seen the same discussion.
We discussed it here and we all seemed to conclude it was prob a piece of equip like a camera but we didnt have such a clear picture till today. Plus someone else posted a pic today from 11/23/19 showing an outline of a black object in the same spot. So it was most likely there before the dig. Jmo I thought it was a camera or something like that too till today

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member