Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome KELLY!
First, I hope you feel better soon. Come visit and give input here often!
The first page of thread gives a lot of info. Other WS can really tell you where to look for specific info.
Second...if I am correct, a few pages back it was discussed ‘when did Chad first meet the children’....maybe when Lori was still married to her late husband and Chad was coming through the town with other People for his business?! In what I remember and perceive From past informs, Chad had little or no contact with Lori’s children when they were alive. That was always strange to me. Infact, IF they children met Chad I bet they thought he was just a friend of the family not their step dad. I bet they never knew. JMOO

Again, get well. Feel better soon

Good point. Maybe he dug during the day and did the rest at night. I still can't figure out why nobody noticed the disturbed earth though. It's a large plot of land, maybe three acres, but surely someone must have gone out there from time to time.

I owned large property for over thirty years. One was two acres and the next one was eight. I did things out there all the time including burning brush, fallen trees, old fencing, etc and I also did a fair amount of digging for various reasons like large vegetable gardens, a swimming pool, and a sand arena for horses just to name a few. I even dug new lines in the septic field. No one ever batted an eye, cared, or even noticed. Things like that were quite common in our rural settings.

Welcome KELLY!
First, I hope you feel better soon. Come visit and give input here often!
The first page of thread gives a lot of info. Other WS can really tell you where to look for specific info.
Second...if I am correct, a few pages back it was discussed ‘when did Chad first meet the children’....maybe when Lori was still married to her late husband and Chad was coming through the town with other People for his business?! In what I remember and perceive From past informs, Chad had little or no contact with Lori’s children when they were alive. That was always strange to me. Infact, IF they children met Chad I bet they thought he was just a friend of the family not their step dad. I bet they never knew. JMOO

Again, get well. Feel better soon

Thank you! It has been rough. One day at a time!

That is what I wondered too. Maybe they met him briefly but didn't really know who he was. With the timing of when they were likely killed, and the death of Chad's wife.. just seems like he couldn't have gotten personally involved much with them. It's strange to me too. I can't wrap my head around it.

I keep coming back to this too. But if the Daybell family worked during the day, it would have been possible for the burials to take place without anyone being aware. Risky, yes, but not impossible.
I would imagine that having killed someone, you would want to dispose of the body asap. I cannot see anyone in this group storing bodies. And if it is correct that the bodies were not together (remember the two dig sites), this indicates to me, perhaps 2 burials on 2 separate days.

I think there are very weird dynamics at play here. At the moment I don't see CD killing either of the children. I believe that this was L. I do believe though, that CD incited these murders (one way or another). I need more information on the Cox family dynamics, but i think there may have been help in disposing of the bodies from outside of the immediate group. At the moment, I see CD as a coward. I don't yet think that he has it in him to kill, but he certainly is culpable in other ways.

ETA - I forgot to MOO
I don't necessarily see CD being the killer but definitely the grave digger in his back yard.
AxC has proven that he is Ok with killing people for LVD
He attacked JR and threatened to kill JR and spent time in jail for this assault
While in Jail, He writes a letter asking his friend to send him JR picture, address. License plate # stating "it would be real popular in here" and "some of the guys would like to hangout with him" Threats
I think JR death needs to be re-examined ( I think LE is)
He shot CV
He allegedly shot BB
He allegedly was the one who shot at TD with paintball gun

YES, IMO, AxC would kill for LVD and most likely did.

That does not mean that’s what actually happened. Lori was in CYA mode. If Tylee had friends in Rexburg, we’d have heard by now. They would have spoke at her vigil, instead of friends that she was close to two years ago.

ETA- I mean it doesn’t mean Tylee was with friends, obviously.
MOO Yes, I agree just another lie. I just wonder if the jeep was with LVD. How did she explain Tylee being at BYUI without it. If she didn't have the jeep where was it? Tylee was already missing at that time.

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, but this is my first post. Been sick and off work, so have much more time on my hands than usual.. weird to have so much extra time. Not quite sure what to do with myself. I have wanted to post for a while now, but never was brave enough I suppose :)

This case just blows my mind. I have followed it for a while now and have been reading through all of these threads trying to catch up. Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there anything that suggests Chad knew the kids and actually spent any time with them? I saw a picture of JJ and Tylee when they were at Yellowstone, but think that was Alex with them, and not Chad. From what I have read, it seems like he couldn't have known them well at all, other than what Lori would have told him?

Welcome to WS! There is few of us newbies here :) I hope you feel better soon

To answer your question, as far as I know, there is no positive confirmation that Chad spent any time with the kids while they were alive

I owned large property for over thirty years. One was two acres and the next one was eight. I did things out there all the time including burning brush, fallen trees, old fencing, etc and I also did a fair amount of digging for various reasons like large vegetable gardens, a swimming pool, and a sand arena for horses just to name a few. I even dug new lines in the septic field. No one ever batted an eye, cared, or even noticed. Things like that were quite common in our rural settings.
I can appreciate that. My question goes more toward CD's family, though. You have probably seen photos of his place, about three acres, very few trees, sparse vegetation. If you lived in a place like that with a spouse and an adult child, don't you think they would have noticed if you buried bodies in one area of it? I think he had to conceal those graves very well on the surface.

Yes, but wouldn't a neighbor seeing him dig in the middle of the backyard remember it later?
Maybe not if the neighbors worked away from home.
Nobody was home to see him digging and if they were and did see him, they may have just figured he was digging for a garden or something.
I know when I am working at the office, I don't know what my neighbors are doing at home.
I also know, since I have been working from home lately, that I am busy working and not looking outside too much but I did see one neighbor digging and ended up he was digging out an area to put up a small shed, but I didn't know at the time.
However, after following this case, I will now pay a lot more attention to any neighbor I see digging. YIKES-- you just never know.

That thought crossed my mind also, like it's where they bury things. SMH.

Do the fake owls work?

We have real ones living in my neighborhood. One tried to pick up our chiweenie. Talons skewered his innards, and we had to put him down. Poor little guy. :(

Another question I had, about "green" areas in the field: was there a septic tank out there at some point?

I wonder if the "dog" is still there... or if any other remains were found at that site.

(I also have a fake owl. Seems to work on some birds, some of the time. Our local grocery store has several hanging way up high above the entrance. You'd never know unless you looked up.)

<moo>

Welcome to WS! There is few of us newbies here :) I hope you feel better soon

To answer your question, as far as I know, there is no positive confirmation that Chad spent any time with the kids while they were alive

Hello and thank you!! One day at a time, that is all I can do!

Thank you, that is what I was thinking as I never came across any pictures or anything of them all together. Yet they were found in his yard. I was surprised at first that Chad pled not guilty, but then I believe I read on here that can happen at first and could change later.

We do know from the first Dateline episode that Nate and the dateline people were in Hawaii and knew where Chad and Lori were, but we're asked to hang back a few days to not tip LE hand or spook Chad and Lori. Nate didn't swoop in for his now famous grilling until LE gave him the go ahead.
Yes, and MOO I think Nate had LE review MG’s interviews and redacted some parts upon their request. I have no problem with that. As much as I would like to know everything there is to know, I want justice for everyone harmed in this case even more. I don’t fault Nate at all for editing what he reports based on LE requests. I appreciate it, and have no doubt that once information can no longer jeopardize a case he’ll disclose everything he knows. I understand Freedom of the press is a right, but journalists are human and I question any human who thinks getting info out under their byline trumps the need to temporarily sit on it so child killers can be caught and punished. I recognize this may be an unpopular opinion, but it’s my opinion none-the-less.

Maybe not if the neighbors worked away from home.
Nobody was home to see him digging and if they were and did see him, they may have just figured he was digging for a garden or something.
I know when I am working at the office, I don't know what my neighbors are doing at home.
I also know, since I have been working from home lately, that I am busy working and not looking outside too much but I did see one neighbor digging and ended up he was digging out an area to put up a small shed, but I didn't know at the time.
However, after following this case, I will now pay a lot more attention to any neighbor I see digging. YIKES-- you just never know.

Nosey neighbours are the key, to 'happenings nearby'.
LE would question them, and obtain loads of info.

@Gardener1850

I noticed you said you probably wouldn't be making a no.9 timeline. Would you have any objections to me working on an update to your timeline, when I get the time?

That would be awesome. Yes, please do it @Tortoise !
I actually almost requested you to take it over, but I didn't want to put you on the spot.
I'm simply too busy these days to do it anymore. Please feel free to copy the old ones and update it with all the new details we have learned since March. I know you will do a quality job of updating it. Thank you! :)

Justice for JJ and Tylee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member