Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Long time lurker, but this is my first post. Been sick and off work, so have much more time on my hands than usual.. weird to have so much extra time. Not quite sure what to do with myself. I have wanted to post for a while now, but never was brave enough I suppose :)

This case just blows my mind. I have followed it for a while now and have been reading through all of these threads trying to catch up. Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there anything that suggests Chad knew the kids and actually spent any time with them? I saw a picture of JJ and Tylee when they were at Yellowstone, but think that was Alex with them, and not Chad. From what I have read, it seems like he couldn't have known them well at all, other than what Lori would have told him?
Welcome @Kelly_RJ
Hope you get feeling better soon.
Yeah, this case is crazy.
We don't have proof of CD knowing JJ and Tylee personally, however CD did spend time at LV and CV house while visiting there for a conference so possibly met the kids at that time.
Also, he may have met them when LVD first moved to Idaho and if CD came visiting perhaps he saw them before they were killed.
We just don't know.

Last edited:
Nosey neighbours are the key, to 'happenings nearby'.
LE would question them, and obtain loads of info.
At that time, him digging wouldn't be suspicious. Nobody knew children were missing/dead. People dig in their yards for all kinds of reasons. Neighbors presumably didn't pay attention, since it would be nothing unusual.

Well on July 23 she can look in the mirror and see the murder for what it is.
Having known people in my life with apparently (IMO) similar psychological makeup, I believe she may never see it for what it is. It will always have happened for some reason that makes it OK and/or makes it not her fault.

Honestly, I don't think anyone ever asked him. JMO
I don't think anybody asked him either. It would also appear no one noticed at the time, because backyard is such an obvious place to bury a body (there is even a documentary "buried in the backyard."). Yet police only dug up the bodies now.

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, but this is my first post. Been sick and off work, so have much more time on my hands than usual.. weird to have so much extra time. Not quite sure what to do with myself. I have wanted to post for a while now, but never was brave enough I suppose :)

This case just blows my mind. I have followed it for a while now and have been reading through all of these threads trying to catch up. Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there anything that suggests Chad knew the kids and actually spent any time with them? I saw a picture of JJ and Tylee when they were at Yellowstone, but think that was Alex with them, and not Chad. From what I have read, it seems like he couldn't have known them well at all, other than what Lori would have told him?

from the timeline

"26 Nov 2019
– After talking to RPD Chad tries to drive away but a detective stops him. Chad then says the last time he had seen JJ was in Apt 107 in October. He also admits that he knows Lori’s phone number and provides it (Affidavit of Probable Cause Doc; East Idaho New"

Doesn't mean he had seen JJ or it was in THAT apartment. If he did in fact see JJ there,he doesn't say if JJ was alive, just that he saw him there :(

Welcome @Kelly_RJ
Hope you get feeling better soon.
Yeah, this case is crazy.
We don't have proof of CD knowing JJ and Tylee personally, however CD did spend time at LV and CV house while visiting there for a conference so possibly met the kids at that time.
Also, he may have met them when LVD first moved to Idaho and if CD came visiting perhaps he saw them before they were killed.
We just don't know.

Thank you!

Yeah it sure is. Those beautiful kids. There are no words :(
Yes, it is hard to say, you're right. We may never know. The timeline is so short between CV, TD and then the kids. And didn't I read Chad would say if people were light or dark or something like that?

from the timeline

"26 Nov 2019
– After talking to RPD Chad tries to drive away but a detective stops him. Chad then says the last time he had seen JJ was in Apt 107 in October. He also admits that he knows Lori’s phone number and provides it (Affidavit of Probable Cause Doc; East Idaho New"

Doesn't mean he had seen JJ or it was in THAT apartment. If he did in fact see JJ there,he doesn't say if JJ was alive, just that he saw him there :(
To be honest, I am not sure anyone believes anything CD says (with the exception of his 'religious' following). IMO

Exactly! I too am wondering about the police call. His mother was not next of kin (his new wife was), UNLESS the marriage was a sham. But i guess the minister would have said? I'm not sure of the process for marriages in the US - does the marriage need to be registered somewhere, or is it automatically legal?
In most places you first get a marriage license, then you have a ceremony before some kind of officiant (judge, minister, priest, etc., then you file with the county clerk and get a marriage certificate. It's kind of a funny system because what is usually asked for to prove you are married is the license. But that does not actually mean you completed the full process.

But in the case of AC and ZP, someone posted the certificate a few months ago.

If the jeep was at the town house why wasn't Tylee there? How did LVD explain having the jeep but never having Tylee around? If Tylee was at BYUI why wasnt her jeep with her? Wouldn't that be suspicious?

Suspicious to whom? I'm not intentionally being obtuse, I promise, I am just not clear on which way you mean this. Are you asking what she told the cops? Or what she told all the strangers that lived around her? Either way, I think the answer is: "nothing". Although Rexburg is a small town, I think apartment dwellers mostly mind their own business, anyway, so nobody would have asked questions.

The cops, on the other hand, would not have asked specific questions like this until they got her in custody, and probably only in Rexburg, not in Hawaii, and she has been generally uncooperative and unresponsive with the cops from what we know.

JMOOoooo

Thank you!

Yeah it sure is. Those beautiful kids. There are no words :(
Yes, it is hard to say, you're right. We may never know. The timeline is so short between CV, TD and then the kids. And didn't I read Chad would say if people were light or dark or something like that?
Yes, he would claim he could figure out if somebody had a dark spirit or a light a spirit. Later on, apparently some people were dedicated as zombies. As far as I can figure out, Tylee was dedicated as a "dark spirit", Charles Vallow supposedly became a zombie, and so did JJ.

I honestly don't understand why Lori even bothered registering JJ at the local elementary school in Idaho. That, to me, tells me that killing him wasn't the plan, things scalated quickly once they stepped foot in Idaho.
That's my theory as well. I think something happened when they got there. Even AC moving then moving back seems strange. With Lori in town I think the pressure on Chad was immense!

Tylee has no friends in Rexburg that I’ve heard of. How would she make any? Lori didn’t go to church supposedly. Tylee has no one, sadly.
Yep. This is the point of my responses to @TexieLouWho21 and also some other comments I've made. LVD tried to erase these kids, and she might have gotten away with it if not for the love and concern of Larry and Kay Woodcock and Colby Ryan. Nobody knew them or missed them in Rexburg.

HA!! I’m with you on having personal success in using the rods. Maybe we can go halfsies on the million dollars? Like Lori said to Alex. :rolleyes:

Dark but funny! Thanks for the LOL, Have to keep laughing to avoid crying in this case.

I can appreciate that. My question goes more toward CD's family, though. You have probably seen photos of his place, about three acres, very few trees, sparse vegetation. If you lived in a place like that with a spouse and an adult child, don't you think they would have noticed if you buried bodies in one area of it? I think he had to conceal those graves very well on the surface.
I’m sure he had an “excuse”. We’ve been through this before. Possibly he said he needed to bury a dead raccoon?

I owned large property for over thirty years. One was two acres and the next one was eight. I did things out there all the time including burning brush, fallen trees, old fencing, etc and I also did a fair amount of digging for various reasons like large vegetable gardens, a swimming pool, and a sand arena for horses just to name a few. I even dug new lines in the septic field. No one ever batted an eye, cared, or even noticed. Things like that were quite common in our rural settings.

I grew up on 2 acres attached to 33 acres that we leased for our horses. We buried pets and even a miscarried foal or two on our property, so I get what you mean; BUT STILL... if you're burying a human and you know you're covering up a crime, I just imagine that you don't do it in broad daylight, especially nowadays when there are cameras and drones everywhere. Why chance it?

I am thinking JJ was enrolled in Idaho school for/as a "free babysitter" since his regular babysitter (Tylee) would no longer be around. I believe Tylees demise was planned in advance and new "babysitter" in place jmo
Is there a date of his 1st day at school?
Eta He was enrolled Sept 3rd per timeline, so within a couple days upon arriving in Rexburg.
Yes, and September 2 was a holiday so she enrolled him as soon as she could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha