Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is an important question, and I also asked if anyone had reported seeing ever Chad with the kids.

The one possible time that was suggested was the time MG reported when Chad, along with other people, stayed the night at Lori's house while she was still married to CV and before she moved to Rexburg. Chad was in town for a conference, and I think MG stated that she had invited him.

MG, in her interview with EIN, is not asked if the JJ and Tylee were there. If they were, there might have been enough other people there that they stayed in their rooms, but I have my doubt JMO that they were there.

I can't find any evidence that Chad and the children ever met, and I'm wondering if those times that he he told his kids that Lori was an empty-nester was what he actually believed at the time.

If Chad had never met the children, what possible motive would he have to kill them?

I know there is mention of the light/dark email, but is this hearsay at the present time?

I think back to the incident where AC and CD are questioned by police in front of Lori's apartment and the police report that CD acts like he doesn't know Lori very well, even though they were secretly married at the time! However, I think it could be that Chad really didn't know much about Lori, and that was no act!

Pure speculation and JMO!
If he didn't know the kids or even that they existed, how did they end up buried on his property?

I think this is an important question, and I also asked if anyone had reported seeing ever Chad with the kids.

The one possible time that was suggested was the time MG reported when Chad, along with other people, stayed the night at Lori's house while she was still married to CV and before she moved to Rexburg. Chad was in town for a conference, and I think MG stated that she had invited him.

MG, in her interview with EIN, is not asked if the JJ and Tylee were there. If they were, there might have been enough other people there that they stayed in their rooms, but I have my doubt JMO that they were there.

I can't find any evidence that Chad and the children ever met, and I'm wondering if those times that he he told his kids that Lori was an empty-nester was what he actually believed at the time.

If Chad had never met the children, what possible motive would he have to kill them?

I know there is mention of the light/dark email, but is this hearsay at the present time?

I think back to the incident where AC and CD are questioned by police in front of Lori's apartment and the police report that CD acts like he doesn't know Lori very well, even though they were secretly married at the time! However, I think it could be that Chad really didn't know much about Lori, and that was no act!

If he didn't know the kids or even that they existed, how did they end up buried on his property?

Also, when he told LE he didn't know her very well, he had been married to her for 3 weeks by that point.

Regarding the light and dark email, it is not hearsay and has been published by EIN IIRC. Have a search in the media thread, unless someone can quickly find it and post it maybe.

He also knew MG was going to the police. In fact his chest pains (if they are true) came about on the same date MG went to the police.

6 Dec 2019 - RPD is contacted by Melanie Gibb. MG says that both Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow called MG on Nov 26, 2019, at separate times and asked her to tell police that she had JJ even though JJ was not with her. “Melanie informed RPD that she declined Chad’s and Lori’s requests.”
And to add to that-- Detectives were getting ready to question AxC about the shooting of CV as well as the mysterious shooting attempts as BB and TD, but he died before they could question him.
Not sure why they didn't question him in the 2 months before he died, maybe they did, and were going to question him AGAIN.
He conveniently died though before they could talk to him and the day after TD body exhumed.
Just too hinky for me, JMO

I know this was discussed before, but I must have missed the rest of the convo. If TR and JJ disappeared in Sept., TD was still alive. Where were the kids from the time of their disappearance to the time TD died? Or was CD brazen enough to bury them on the property while TD was there?
I would imagine keeping them stored would cause even more complications. Do we know if Tylee's remains were burned? The neighbor said that the first bonfire happened shortly after Tammy's death. Maybe on that occasion evidence was destroyed related to her death.

Maybe Lori had lots of things she wanted to do without JJ around? Him being at school certainly would expand her window of opportunity.
Yes, she had tons to do. LOL
Help plan TD death
Kill TR
Help plan or execute shooting at BB
Marry CD
Plan Hawaii honeymoon.
Gather 144,000 followers.
JMO

Honestly, I keep waiting for a statement from LVD about her sadness about finding her kids. (Don't beat me up guys) I just mean something to the effect of I am deeply saddened at learning confirmation of the deaths. Just something, even through her Attorney acknowledging that yes she has received confirmation and that she is sad. She doesn't have to say more (I am sure her Atty is advising her not to say anything) but still.
It just feels even more abrasive than the whole "That's great" comment to reporters when they told her people are praying for the safe return of her children.
Even more "disconnecting" behavior to me. She has been "disconnected" for quite some time it would appear, and only wants to connect to CD. Her entire world keeps shrinking, people disappear and die and it's just CD & LVD against the world.
She was disconnecting and elevating herself when she did the podcast about how her children must go through pain to be successful. MP said she hadn't spoken to LVD since December (not sure that is true).

I do seem to remember a pic of the jeep taken by the PI hired to watch MB. It was in a garage in Az late Oct early Nov IIRC. Anyone have the pic and link handy? It was seized in Rexburgh though. Maybe MBP was using it ever since Tylee had disappeared. MOO.
At the time I saw that I remember thinking the information describing the photo was probably incorrect.

I have noticed along the way that a few bits of information from the PI appear to be erroneous.

The photo below is of the Jeep caught on a license plate reader on Gilbert of 2019. (Courtesy: Rich Robertson)
83395734_1615736298589381_918152781116735488_o.jpg
ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

(I thought that may be incorrect because the tire is on the back - and also would a license plate reader be situated that low?)

“The vehicle that was involved in the shooting belonged to Charles Vallow, It was a green Jeep Cherokee with Texas license plates. He recognized that as his former in-law and he suspected Charles Vallows' killer, Alex Cox, was the one driving that jeep.” -RR.
ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

(It was actually a grey Jeep Wrangler)

There was something else I thought was wrong about his information but I'll have to leave it for now because I don't have the time to look into it. If it comes back to me I'll add a post later. I have a feeling it was something he said in one of the documentaries.

moo

This is my first post, please bear with me. Several threads back, someone posted a picture of the dig spot, showing the orange duffle bag, on the blue tarp. The FBI photographer (CSI person?) is taking a picture, and that area of ground, IMO, looks stained, from bodily oils/fluids/decomp. The inside/bottom of the orange duffle (I can see handles on it) bag looks to be rotted out, from decomp. As far as any remains inside, that's hard to tell.

But, regarding the picture, at the bottom of that "H" looking thing, there's a cinder block. On that block is something black. I've blown up the picture, and IMO, it looks like a toy puppy. Any ideas on it? Again, this is JMO (lol those are my initials!) Thanks!
Welcome -- and great First Post.
I see a stuffed toy puppy also, sitting on the block.
Hmmmm
I wonder if it was JJ's ???

My late father was a petroleum geologist working for a small drilling firm in the Midwest when the company's owner became convinced that a dowser could help them locate drilling sites. Needless to say, my father was less than happy, but had to go along with the boss and cooperate. After five years the company's new lease production dropped drastically and my dad finally left and set up his own operation and did very well using geological science. These developments led me to become fascinated with the pseudoscience of dowsing and I developed a particular interest in water dowsers. Human intuition, superstition and psychological factors lead many people to believe in non-scientific practices or non-medical claims. In fact, there have been no careful double-blind studies that have corroborated the validity of dowsing (something that would be quite easy and repeatedly verified if dowsing truly worked). The Randi Educational Foundation will give you a million dollars if you can successfully perform dowsing under controlled conditions. If there was a phenomenon that worked here it would be provable under controlled conditions. Sadly, many people are willing to accept anecdotal claims rather than insisting on proof for extraordinary claims. If you are on the fence I suggest you read the Wikipedia summary of attempts to validate dowsing and/or check out the many scientific explanations available online HERE or HERE or HERE.
Thank you for saying this (says the geologist working in groundwater resources for 20 years). I have learned over the years that this is an agree to disagree topic.
Unless you have actual experienced it, it is difficult to understand. The rods have a life of their own. The link third from last in vislaws post are similar rods to those I used. I was completely negative till it worked. Have never needed to do it again as we are still in the same property. I could be interested in that million dollar deal though. :)

Honestly, I keep waiting for a statement from LVD about her sadness about finding her kids. (Don't beat me up guys) I just mean something to the effect of I am deeply saddened at learning confirmation of the deaths. Just something, even through her Attorney acknowledging that yes she has received confirmation and that she is sad. She doesn't have to say more (I am sure her Atty is advising her not to say anything) but still.
It just feels even more abrasive than the whole "That's great" comment to reporters when they told her people are praying for the safe return of her children.
Even more "disconnecting" behavior to me. She has been "disconnected" for quite some time it would appear, and only wants to connect to CD. Her entire world keeps shrinking, people disappear and die and it's just CD & LVD against the world.
She was disconnecting and elevating herself when she did the podcast about how her children must go through pain to be successful. MP said she hadn't spoken to LVD since December (not sure that is true).
Lori believes that her children have moved on to their next lives.

Rexburg Police says LE recovered the Jeep in Idaho where Vallow lived after the welfare check and search warrant regarding JJ and Tylee.

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Police served search warrants at Lori and Cox’s apartments on Nov. 27. Police believe Lori and Chad left Rexburg the day before and Melanie Boudreaux, a relative, later confirmed that information to investigators.

Court documents lay out timeline of investigation, detail last time Tylee and JJ were seen | East Idaho News

Last edited:
I think since they had an active search warrant for the vehicle for a separate crime and weren't even aware that another crime was going to be investigated later in the month they would have grabbed the vehicle at the earliest opportunity. And if they had waited until the end of November wouldn't the wording be "nearly 3 months?" This is all MOO, I'm just trying to piece together what was happening. Thanks for your input!

This is probably a debate over semantics on my part, but my read is that they didn't have an active search warrant for a separate crime at the beginning of November. The probable cause affidavit for LVD's arrest says that they (RPD) had been contacted by Gilbert PD for some help in obtaining a search warrant on the Jeep in early November, and that Det. Hermosillo was intermittently surveilling the Pioneer townhome at the request of the Gilbert PD. That would have taken a little time, as well as time to obtain the warrant. That surveillance and whatever other help RPD rendered resulted in seizure of the Jeep later on. So all I'm saying is the "nearly two months" was probably language from whatever probable cause affidavit (that we don't have), from Hermosillo's surveillance evidence, that led to a search warrant, which could have been any time from around Nov 7 to 27th.

It would be interesting to know when and if Gilbert PD obtained the search warrant with RPD's help, or if they agreed to do a joint search and seizure on 11/27.

While I agree that, without Tylee around, she would have to actually care for him and I highly doubt she was ever interested in being a mother to JJ, registering him in school still doesn't make much sense to me. That, added to the fact that she allowed him to play with a kid that lived near them is just weird. If the plan was to off Tylee and JJ all along, then not letting them be seen would make more sense, I feel like @nhmemorymaker makes a good point: she let several strangers met JJ and that was super unnecessary. The fact that they most likely weren't killed at the same time also makes no sense. It looks like Tylee was the first to go, but I highly doubt JJ never asked about her and where she was, even though the poor child would just believe anything his poor excuse for a mother would tell him. JJ could never be the first one to go because Tylee would become a problem.
Even though JJ was probably easy to lie to, because he truly believed his dad was alive and just traveling, you never know how a kid is going to behave. Kids are umpredictable and, sometimes, say some interesting things. I can't imagine why she would take the risk of him saying something at school that would bring attention to the fact that Tylee was nowhere to be found.
I wonder if JJ and Tylee even met Chad or knew about him.
BBM- I have not heard that before-- that JJ truly believed his dad was alive and just traveling !!
Do you have a link for that, please ??
I am just curious about that.
TIA

Definition of empty-nester I found says that it is "a parent whose children have grown up and left home". So no, it wouldn't apply to Lori.

You are kidding, right?

My mind wandering wild, but it might help determine exactly when the backyard burial took place. Don't know. MOO

ETA: Alex was using the line that JJ was with his grandmother to police, not knowing that she was the one who had made a complaint, so he must have not known at the time that a formal complaint had made. Speculation.

I understand and agree with your suggestion that Lori release a brief statement. BUT I don’t think Lori would think of such a thing. She doesn’t have a clue about managing her public image. I predict she will keep her mouth shut for the entire process. Her attorney is way over his head, I’m sure hasn’t thought of it either.

Chad had visited the home Lori shared with Charles in AZ. Chad knew all about Lori and her children. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery