Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they decided she will be the spokesperson for anyone else in the cult? 'Could be they decided she provides an acceptable presentation?

JMO
MG broke up with the cult and gave up Chad and Lori when she went to the police and told them that Chad and Lori asked her to lie about whereabouts of JJ. That much is obvious.

I’m going to give Melanie the benefit of the doubt. If my 47 year old best friend was having an affair with a married man and talking about her kids being zombies, I’d chalk it up to hormones and a midlife crisis. In no way would I think that she would harm her own children! So therefore, it would never cross my mind to call CPS. I think Melanie is truly a victim, is dealing with the loss of two close friends and the horrific discovery that they are murderers - plus the unimaginable guilt that she was right there when a murder happened. (“If only I’d cuddled JJ and calmed him down that night...”) But Melanie has helped investigators (and us) to find answers, unlike certain nieces. Can you imagine how you’d feel if this were your best friend? Holy cow! It would mess with most of our heads, and we likely wouldn’t respond “perfectly” as we wrapped our minds around it all - in front of the media and millions of people, no less. Same with the Daybell kids. They’re freaked out and not responding “perfectly,” and I think that’s perfectly understandable. Heidi Broussard had no clue her best friend would murder her to steal her baby, for example. Who thinks of stuff like this? Most of us are extremely trusting of our close friends (and parents). So I’m giving Melanie a pass. But not Melani. MOO

MG broke up with the cult and gave up Chad and Lori when she went to the police and told them that Chad and Lori asked her to lie about whereabouts of JJ. That much is obvious.

But ONLY after consultation with others (such as a Bishop and DW) who were also aware of what was happening... and had become implicated/witnesses due to the missing children. Important fact, IMO

IF L&C had never mentioned MG to police.... how soon do you think MG would have been breaking up this cult? Most of these people, including MG and DW would have stayed silent... just as they had been since Charles was declared to be some Schneider guy. IMO

Last edited:
But this isn’t trial data or evidence to be used in a trial. It’s data in support of a probable cause affidavit. So, what in the PCA does the Buckeroo datapoint support?
Maybe it’s simply that it “has to be shared” to support not missing any pings in order to prove the pings that matter.

But you ran for the camera... he ran for his gun. “Supposedly”. Unless you keep your food or trash uncovered outside no need to kill a raccoon.

If you keep ducks, chickens, or other fowl, raccoons will kill them. It’s pretty common in the country to shoot them for that reason. Although, I prefer to keep a raccoon-proof chicken coop instead of shooting them. We also have foxes and skunks that also like to feast on chickens in our neighborhood.

I'm stuck on the Buckaroo BBQ stop. If it wasn't important and/or relevant I don't think it would be in the Probable Cause Affidavit.
<snip>

For those thinking they went across the street and left the phone in The taco place had plenty of parking, I posted all these photos this morning.
<more snip>

For the first bit, they're just completing the evidence chain - i.e. they'd rather hi-light points a,b,c,d, than 'here he is at point a, here he is at point d.'

For the second, those pictures are nice and all, but the parking situation there is alot different in Sept than it is in winter. The roads in the park might very well have been closed when those street views were snapped.

I think we're over-reaching here, in terms of why that spot. There's a take-out place right next to the BBQ, or, they could have walked to the light to get across, or, they coulda simply j-walked when the way was clear, or they could have planted at the benches there, or a lot of things.

Having said all that, I'd be interested in hearing your O on why that place is special. Convince me.

If you were told all your life god was like Lori and gave Lori excuses to be abusive to you, you would not be too faithful to Lori's god's ideas of right.

I understand where you're coming from, but we don't know all that. We have some really compelling reasons to believe that Lori is broken, and has done some horrible things in the very recent past, but we don't have any anecdotes that I'm aware of that paint her as an abusive parent before all this. To the contrary, Lori's erratic behavior in the last 18 months and being labeled as a zombie would IMO make Tylee even more afraid of breaking the rules.

Studying the affidavit, I have a question regarding how often Cox's cell phone was pinging. For instance, consider this statement:

On Monday, September 9, from 00:00 (12 a.m.) and 00:44 Cox’s phone was located at his apartment (107.) However, at 02:42 (2:42 am.) to 03:37 (3:37 a.m.) Cox is located again at Lori’s Apartment (1 75) where Lori lived with Tylee and JJ.
Where was Alex between 00:44 and 2:42 am when he is at Lori's apartment? If he stayed at his apartment until going to Lori's does that mean the phone wasn't pinging? Does the phone only ping when it is being used?
My understanding is that the phone does a 'handshake' with a particular cell tower when it is in a new location, and that provides the network for that phone. It remains connected to that cell tower so that at any moment it can send or receive text or calls and connect with data. If you lost connection with that tower, you wouldn't be able to receive data, your phone would essentially be off. When the connection with a tower is broken, usually because the phone is moved, then it sends out a ping to find a cell tower with a good signal, and establishes a new handshake agreement to be anchored to that tower.

So the phone pings whenever it has lost a signal, but once it establishes a network connection it doesn't ping any more.
eta the last sentence confused.

I’m going to give Melanie the benefit of the doubt. If my 47 year old best friend was having an affair with a married man and talking about her kids being zombies, I’d chalk it up to hormones and a midlife crisis. In no way would I think that she would harm her own children! So therefore, it would never cross my mind to call CPS. I think Melanie is truly a victim, is dealing with the loss of two close friends and the horrific discovery that they are murderers - plus the unimaginable guilt that she was right there when a murder happened. (“If only I’d cuddled JJ and calmed him down that night...”) But Melanie has helped investigators (and us) to find answers, unlike certain nieces. Can you imagine how you’d feel if this were your best friend? Holy cow! It would mess with most of our heads, and we likely wouldn’t respond “perfectly” as we wrapped our minds around it all - in front of the media and millions of people, no less. Same with the Daybell kids. They’re freaked out and not responding “perfectly,” and I think that’s perfectly understandable. Heidi Broussard had no clue her best friend would murder her to steal her baby, for example. Who thinks of stuff like this? Most of us are extremely trusting of our close friends (and parents). So I’m giving Melanie a pass. But not Melani. MOO
BBM. To be honest, I wouldn't be trusting of anyone who first anticipated and then orchestrated the death of their spouse. How would you know they wouldn't try to kill again? You could be next.

I’m sorry, but how is that obvious? I’m not sure we know who all is in their “cult”. Her letter was posted on AVOW. Not to family, not to LDS church, not to the media, but AVOW. The ONE place that anyone with similar beliefs of the zombie group would be hiding in plain sight.

BBM. To be honest, I wouldn't be trusting of anyone who first anticipated and then orchestrated the death of their spouse. How would you know they wouldn't try to kill again? You could be next.
Call me blind and loyal, but I would have believed my best friend’s version of what happened. Would I have had the hindsight of 20/20 months down the road when other facts came out? Certainly. But not at the time. I would have believed and trusted my friend.

I understand where you're coming from, but we don't know all that. We have some really compelling reasons to believe that Lori is broken, and has done some horrible things in the very recent past, but we don't have any anecdotes that I'm aware of that paint her as an abusive parent before all this. To the contrary, Lori's erratic behavior in the last 18 months and being labeled as a zombie would IMO make Tylee even more afraid of breaking the rules.

JJ saying "let's get the Hell out of here" is an example of rebelling against hyper religiousity. If he did yell that he loved Satan it might have been because Lori's Jesus was so very terrifying to him and yelling it at Lori was self defense. I wouldn't be surprised if Tylee was also not particularly religious due to Mom's idea of what "good" is.

But I agree, that I do not think they were drinking alcohol. Not enough time there. Just pointing out that we shouldn't assume the kids were loving Lori's Jesus and Lori's ideas of what is good. I wouldn't.

If you keep ducks, chickens, or other fowl, raccoons will kill them. It’s pretty common in the country to shoot them for that reason. Although, I prefer to keep a raccoon-proof chicken coop instead of shooting them. We also have foxes and skunks that also like to feast on chickens in our neighborhood.
Honestly I didn’t know raccoons could kill other animals. I thought of them as scavengers or fish eaters. But I don’t think the daybells had any ducks, chickens or fowl.

Even when MG found out Tammy died, she said, "I wonder how they did it". (per NE interview) IMO, that certainly sounds like MG (and likely friends) knew someone (C&L) could be guilty of causing said death - rather than a death by some prayers recited in a portal or some other act of a higher power. So, it's nearly impossible for me to be a MG supporter.

Everyone is free to believe whatever they'd like :)

JMO

Great ideas.... I also wonder if there’s a dumpster behind Buckeroos and that’s the exact datapoint.

Do we know where TR’s phone is? Maybe her phone went missing right about here?
Colby engaged in a multi-text exchange with someone who was likely impersonating TR on TR's cellphone number on 9/28/19 and then a friend of TR's sent a text to TR's cellphone number on 10/19/19 and later (10/25/19) received a text response that the friend says does not read like TR's texts usually would. Also, on 2/10/20, CBS news reported that TR's phone was found with LVD in Hawaii. (All dates per the timeline linked to on page 1 of the thread.)

Honestly I didn’t know raccoons could kill other animals. I thought of them as scavengers or fish eaters. But I don’t think the daybells had any ducks, chickens or fowl.

They are definitely seen as a nuisance out here, and we tend to have a lot of trigger happy folks that will shoot them just because they can. I don’t agree with it though. I live in rural SW Idaho for reference. One of the PAP events was even held in our town where CD spoke! Ugh! It makes me ill.

Huh? Chad wasn't involved in conspiracy? How do you figure that at all that he wasn't involved? I am not understanding the reasoning in this post that he was not involved in it... Perhaps more explanation as I'm not following .

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

This was two children at two separate times he allowed and participated in MOO and said nothing. That MOO screams conspiracy at the very least.
Obviously he helped bury the bodies. I think Tylee's death was not planned. Something happened on the YNP trip or after. I think Alex showed up with the body at Chad's house and they tried to cover it up. I think JJ's was planned but Chad may not have known about it and had no choice but to help then as well.

RSBM for focus
On my local news channel tonight it mentioned the moving of the court dates for both LVD & CD until August that that is "pending papers being filed by both the defendants by Monday at 5:00 pm".

Yep, it's Aug 3-4 now.

https://s3.us-east-1.wasabisys.com/...o-Vacate-and-Continue-Preliminary-Hearing.pdf

If swarms of locusts are not upon us by Aug 3, then perhaps LVD, absent any communication or collusion with Chad, will begin to see the falsity of Chad's revelations.......? (Nah. Probably not)

I’m sorry, but how is that obvious? I’m not sure we know who all is in their “cult”. Her letter was posted on AVOW. Not to family, not to LDS church, not to the media, but AVOW. The ONE place that anyone with similar beliefs of the zombie group would be hiding in plain sight.
I'm confused about this debate. I know this is quite obvious, but it's not illegal to believe in zombies. Are you convinced there were people, other than the trio, who were actually physically involved in killing and burying the children? Or is this a 'who knew what when' kind of argument. Which, IMO, no one will ever know, because we can't actually read people's minds, plus, it's not actually a crime to have suspicions or vague ideas that something might have happened, but not to go to police.

People are punished and go to jail for their actions, not their thoughts. So far, anyway. I happen to think that's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph