Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I reread the transcripts of one of the interviews with Melani and Ian that included some other various details. I had completely forgotten about the 2020 Telluride that she and Alex were in, when trying to “see/get/kidnap?” her children. Did anyone ever verify whose vehicle this was or was it a rental?
My hypothesis is that AC flew down to SLC and rented it.

I’m sorry, but how is that obvious? I’m not sure we know who all is in their “cult”. Her letter was posted on AVOW. Not to family, not to LDS church, not to the media, but AVOW. The ONE place that anyone with similar beliefs of the zombie group would be hiding in plain sight.
MG said in the interview with Nate Eaton that PAP members were good people. I guess we could extend that to AVOW. In her letter she warned against believing in multiple probations and practising energy healing, because she considers them harmful. Those beliefs/practices were not limited to Chad's group. She was addressing a broader audience.

BBM. To be honest, I wouldn't be trusting of anyone who first anticipated and then orchestrated the death of their spouse. How would you know they wouldn't try to kill again? You could be next.
I think MG said in an interview that she didn't know Charles well. She only knew what Lori told her, and seeing how she trashed previous husbands, I can't imagine Lori was painting a pretty picture of Charles to MG. So based on what she thought she knew about LVD and AC, MG probably had no problem believing the story that Alex killed Charles in self defense, especially if Tyler was reinforcing the story to protect her mom and uncle.

My understanding is that the phone does a 'handshake' with a particular cell tower when it is in a new location, and that provides the network for that phone. It remains connected to that cell tower so that at any moment it can send or receive text or calls and connect with data. If you lost connection with that tower, you wouldn't be able to receive data, your phone would essentially be off. When the connection with a tower is broken, usually because the phone is moved, then it sends out a ping to find a cell tower with a good signal, and establishes a new handshake agreement to be anchored to that tower.

So the phone pings whenever it has lost a signal, but once it establishes a network connection it doesn't ping any more.
eta the last sentence confused.
Thanks for responding to my query. However, I'm still a bit confused. Could you kindly give me your understanding as to what the pings described represent:

On Monday, September 9, from 00:00 (12 a.m.) and 00:44 Cox’s phone was located at his
apartment (107.) However, at 02:42 (2:42 am.) to 03:37 (3:37 a.m.) Cox is located again
at Lori’s Apartment (1 75) where Lori lived with Tylee and JJ.

What do we conclude the ping at 00:44 represents, what does the ping at 02:42 represent? Alex and Lori lived in the same complex just two buildings away from each other. Hope I am making sense.

Call me blind and loyal, but I would have believed my best friend’s version of what happened. Would I have had the hindsight of 20/20 months down the road when other facts came out? Certainly. But not at the time. I would have believed and trusted my friend.
Charles was "supposed to" die in a car crash. That in itself was bizarre enough. Lori was reportedly very frustrated when it didn't happen. She called Alex to stay over and the next day Charles was killed. MG, her best friend only learned about it four days later, but she had known all along that Lori talked about him dying and that he was afraid for his life. I would believe in Charles' accidental death no more than I would believe that Tammy died of natural causes after months of discussion about her dying.

Last edited:
You don't believe that Alex would not buy alcohol and have Tylee get so drunk that this would incapacitate her? I don't understand why you would say they don't drink? Because of their religious beliefs ? I've thrown out all their religious beliefs out the window. Their behavior is of a cult not religion. Just my opinion.
We know from VI Jankee that Alex never drank or used drugs.

A pet cemetery is a place where one would bury one of their beloved pets. A place they could go and reflect on the relationship that they once provided.
If the daytime racoon shooting were true, Why on earth would you bury the carcass in your sentimental pet cemetery with your beloved pets?

It was not a family pet. The racoon was not buddies with anyone in the family. Chad viewed him as a vermin where he had to rush and get his gun and dispatch him.
Why not bury it where it lay.
Chad's not a deep thinker. But he was probably used to never being questioned. It's only now through the lens of normalcy that his stupid cover story falls apart.

This rings a bell with me, but without recalling specifics even though I relooked at the video in the last week... so many I'm confused lol.

There was an interview with ? that said that we had parties with Chad and there was no drinking, and we still had fun.

So, that infers that they did drink alcohol.

Was that the MG interview? Or Lori's SSister and mommy?
It's at 11:33 in the JC/SS interview and was said by Charles about Cox parties being alcohol free.

Obviously he helped bury the bodies. I think Tylee's death was not planned. Something happened on the YNP trip or after. I think Alex showed up with the body at Chad's house and they tried to cover it up. I think JJ's was planned but Chad may not have known about it and had no choice but to help then as well.

Dude, puhleeze. You’re obviously an intelligent person but do you actually think AC just showed up at Chad's house unannounced with Tylee’s body in tow without any planning? I find that inconceivable. AC had several short visits to Chad's house (planning) and Chad doesn’t just jump up and say “hey man, we’ll take care of it” on a whim. I believe the final outcome will show these 3 conspired and coordinated their efforts to the demise of these poor kids. Anything short of that reasoning would have to include variables these monsters have shown themselves incapable of.

Last edited by a moderator:
MG said in the interview with Nate Eaton that PAP members were good people. I guess we could extend that to AVOW. In her letter she warned against believing in multiple probations and practising energy healing, because she considers them harmful. Those beliefs/practices were not limited to Chad's group. She was addressing a broader audience.

But that broader audience needs to be a member of both to see it and hear about it.

Even when MG found out Tammy died, she said, "I wonder how they did it". (per NE interview) IMO, that certainly sounds like MG (and likely friends) knew someone (C&L) could be guilty of causing said death - rather than a death by some prayers recited in a portal or some other act of a higher power. So, it's nearly impossible for me to be a MG supporter.

Everyone is free to believe whatever they'd like :)

JMO
Weren't we all asking the same thing ever since we found out about this case?

Thanks for responding to my query. However, I'm still a bit confused. Could you kindly give me your understanding as to what the pings described represent:

On Monday, September 9, from 00:00 (12 a.m.) and 00:44 Cox’s phone was located at his
apartment (107.) However, at 02:42 (2:42 am.) to 03:37 (3:37 a.m.) Cox is located again

What do we conclude the ping at 00:44 represents, what does the ping at 02:42 represent? Alex and Lori lived in the same complex just two buildings away from each other. Hope I am making sense.
were they two buildings away from each other with such different numbers?

Pings can occur for reasons other than changing location -- some apps will geolocate you anytime you use them (if you're an iPhone user, you agree to those TOS and are asked if you want to turn it off all the time). I wouldn't read too much into 00:44 other than that it was the last time he was pinged at that location. Maybe he was checking Del Taco's hours?

As to the precision of the location, that would depend on how many GPS satellites were in view at the time he was geolocated, and there would certainly have been some kind of confidence ellipse around the point on the map, which would tell you what the margin of error was. If you use e.g Apple Maps to "find a friend", you'll note there's a big circle around the pin, that represents a crude confidence ellipse. In other words "we think your POI is where this pin is, but our margin of error is this big circle".

So what CAST has done is probably make an educated guess based on the distance between the apartments being great enough that the geolocations at the two different times are outside the confidence ellipses for either apartment.

I hope this makes sense.

I think MG said in an interview that she didn't know Charles well. She only knew what Lori told her, and seeing how she trashed previous husbands, I can't imagine Lori was painting a pretty picture of Charles to MG. So based on what she thought she knew about LVD and AC, MG probably had no problem believing the story that Alex killed Charles in self defense, especially if Tyler was reinforcing the story to protect her mom and uncle.
MG knew since January that Charles was a zombie and that Chad and Lori's mission was to kill zombies. She took Lori's side when Charles complained to police that Lori went crazy and threatened to kill him. She didn't find Lori's Ned Schneider talk crazy because she believed in it (IMO).

Last edited:
Weren't we all asking the same thing ever since we found out about this case?

And, how many of us asking the same thing KNEW (prior to this case being news) that Chad and Lori were having an affair, had secret phones, communicated via a portal, had been sharing beliefs with others they were married in a previous life, and that Chad and Lori were to be married as soon as Tammy died, and more of the sordid plans?

I had to stop following the threads when I realized I was about 5 threads behind :p Thank goodness for the media thread! I just read the probable cause affidavit. So sad what became of those children once they were tagged as “zombies”—and so convenient that the dark spirits always came to take over the bodies of people who presented some kind of obstacle to Chad/Lori’s fantasies...

As I was quickly scrolling through threads in an attempt to catch up after the bodies were found, my feeling was that the object on the orange tarp-thing was animal remains, which would explain (1) looking like remains of a living creature but (2) not (apparently—based on a snapshot which could be misleading) being treated with the care one would expect by the searchers. So I was interested in the “pet cemetery” info in the affidavit. Have you guys reached any consensus on that orange tarp yet?
Hi Az Lawyer, glad you are back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member