Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go back to Melanie Gibb interview with Nate Eaton......she talks about Lori looking for someone on the same spiritual plane that she felt. I look at Lori a little different than most. I don't think of her as a crazy lunatic. I look at her as a religious zealot who was looking for SOMETHING that she was not getting from mainstream LDS.
This search for spiritual growth led her to Chad, which I feel was her downfall....."If he is Satan, he's a really good one!"
By all accounts, LV was a pretty good Mom until she met CD. MG describes them as fire and gasoline.
I think LV saw this kind of talk very much on her spiritual level and she took it and ran with it! MOO

Is LV really that religious and devout? That's not the vibe I get. I thought she didn't go to church? Maybe she didn't attend LDS weekly functions, either? Did she have a ward? She certainly didn't apply the 10 commandments, or seemed to even try.
Religion was a convenience to her, IMO.

If you go back to Melanie Gibb interview with Nate Eaton......she talks about Lori looking for someone on the same spiritual plane that she felt. I look at Lori a little different than most. I don't think of her as a crazy lunatic. I look at her as a religious zealot who was looking for SOMETHING that she was not getting from mainstream LDS.
This search for spiritual growth led her to Chad, which I feel was her downfall....."If he is Satan, he's a really good one!"
By all accounts, LV was a pretty good Mom until she met CD. MG describes them as fire and gasoline.
I think LV saw this kind of talk very much on her spiritual level and she took it and ran with it! MOO
100% agree! When you’re an important goddess, who has time to be a mom anymore?

Well, it’s kinda out there, but then again so is this entire thing. I kinda have 2 theories. I don’t know that much about LDS or their beliefs or lifestyle and am in no way attacking them or accusing them. That being said, what if someone or some organization took notice that they had split off and were spreading beliefs that this organization didn’t believe in and thought it insulted them and their beliefs. How do we get rid of them? Let’s play their game and have them commit murder and turn them in and that takes care of them and their nonsense. Or, when MG went to the bishop, she was told, go to the police and tell them everything and we will protect you. Because they really were strange right along with their beliefs, and even as I said, I don’t know that much about LDS, but I’m pretty sure they don’t believe in zombies or at least promote the idea. Like I said, it’s kinda out there but then sometimes the truth will just amaze you beyond belief. My opinion only
Believe me, I have stayed up late at nights trying to figure this out.
But I think, now, that the obvious is what has been posted and reported.
I don't think they were "set up"
I think it is 2 like minded monsters, following a mission to just be together and get rid of spouses with life insurance policies.
I think LVD was infatuated with CD and believed his so called "religious" beliefs aka lies he was feeding her and she wanted what he wanted.
I think she actually believe it because it fed off of her narcissist, egocentric, selfish ways.
The kids may have witnessed some evil doings but also the kids were in their way of being together, just the 2 of them , preferably on a Hawaiian Beach.

someone posted LV is 5'3. I'm 5'4, my daughter is 5'10, my boys are 6' and my husband is 6'6. I've had to hold my phone above my head to take a pic to include them and things in the background.

ETA forgot to add the Yellowstone pic post :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Believe me, I have stayed up late at nights trying to figure this out.
But I think, now, that the obvious is what has been posted and reported.
I don't think they were "set up"
I think it is 2 like minded monsters, following a mission to just be together and get rid of spouses with life insurance policies.
I think LVD was infatuated with CD and believed his so called "religious" beliefs aka lies he was feeding her and she wanted what he wanted.
I think she actually believe it because it fed off of her narcissist, egocentric, selfish ways.
The kids may have witnessed some evil doings but also the kids were in their way of being together, just the 2 of them , preferably on a Hawaiian Beach.

Murder is horrible, but when children, especially a beautiful teen and a special needs child is murdered, by people they loved and trusted, nothing makes sense. Absolutely nothing I come up with makes sense! I have followed along and sleuthed many murders, but I just can’t wrap my head around this one. As a mother to a once teenage daughter, I never once thought of harming her, and believe me, she was a handful and is more so a handful today at age 31, still I have no desire to harm her. This entire ordeal doesn’t just turn my stomach, it turns my stomach inside out. May their angel wings expand from one side of heaven to the next, they so deserve it!

Here's the two photos side-by-side. I had a hard time finding a high-resolution copy of Photo A, and I arranged the detail below so that the horizon was level on both.

Some observations:

Photo A feels like a simple snapshot of Tylee & JJ, while Photo B has more of an eye for photographic composition (the horizon & subjects roughly follow the Rule of Thirds)

You can tell from the horizon and where the pine trees are in relation to AxC's head in the detail (and the fact that we can't see that path behind AxC & TR in Photo A) that the two photos were not taken from the same position. Photo A was taken somewhere slightly to the left and possibly lower than Photo B.

It's possible that the photographer simply took a step over before taking Photo B, but there may be something to the speculation that Photo B was taken with a different camera (phone?) than Photo A. Photo A seems to have a warmer tone than B (you can particularly notice in in the clouds and in the rocks behind them), and the shadows -- particularly in AxC's shirt -- are darker/"muddier" than in Photo A (lower exposure)

Most people shoot w their phone cameras on automatic settings, but IMO, it doesn't seem like the lighting conditions would have changed enough between Photo A and Photo B to account for those differences.

MOO!

Attachments

• 000.png
    000.png
    887.7 KB · Views: 189
I don't see her as spiritual AT ALL, she and her family appear to be incredibly shallow, materialistic, and worldly people. Chad did not meet a spiritual need in her, he met a very physical, very carnal need in her to be wanted, have attention and power. And the accounts that we have read indicate that she was very unstable and immature as a parent, psychologically and emotionally abusing CR and TR for years. Maybe with the steady influence of CV she was able to better parent JJ for a while, until TR took over that role, but no, her hangup with appearances is where she placed value. IMO.

She was already on husband #4 before she even met CD. There were some serious issues between her, and husband #3. Her brother assaulted husband #3 and went to prison for it. Husband #3 was apparently accused of things I don't believe to be true. Lori moved multiple times, sounds like to prevent husband #3 to have access to his own daughter. Some people might have believed she was a good mom, but I personally doubt it. That said, obviously all three of her children survived until she met Chad.

Lori sought attention and excitement. Drama. I do think it got worse as she got older and was no longer getting attention from the younger guys, but signs were there when she was younger, IMO

I'm sorry but I've got to ask the women here, LDS and otherwise - If a man you just met told you that he was married to you in a past life, wouldn't that just be all kinds of creepy on so many levels. As a guy if a woman said anything like that to me it would be a total turnoff and end to any interaction with her!
YES--CREEPY
My hinky meter would go off immediately
I would think it is a pick up line and go from there
My best friend and I would go out to the bars when we were single.
she was a beautiful blonde (now deceased) but the guys' pick up lines were hysterical. You cant even imagine.
SO, when I read CD saying they were married in a past life, and he said this to multiple woman, per MG, I LOL at the pick up line
JMO

Here's the two photos side-by-side. I had a hard time finding a high-resolution copy of Photo A, and I arranged the detail below so that the horizon was level on both.

Some observations:

Photo A feels like a simple snapshot of Tylee & JJ, while Photo B has more of an eye for photographic composition (the horizon & subjects roughly follow the Rule of Thirds)

You can tell from the horizon and where the pine trees are in relation to AxC's head in the detail (and the fact that we can't see that path behind AxC & TR in Photo A) that the two photos were not taken from the same position. Photo A was taken somewhere slightly to the left and possibly lower than Photo B.

It's possible that the photographer simply took a step over before taking Photo B, but there may be something to the speculation that Photo B was taken with a different camera (phone?) than Photo A. Photo A seems to have a warmer tone than B (you can particularly notice in in the clouds and in the rocks behind them), and the shadows -- particularly in AxC's shirt -- are darker/"muddier" than in Photo A (lower exposure)

Most people shoot w their phone cameras on automatic settings, but IMO, it doesn't seem like the lighting conditions would have changed enough between Photo A and Photo B to account for those differences.

MOO!

IMO, I know nothing about photo angles, etc. but hasn't AC moved from leaning against the fence over into the corner of the fence? IMO, to a lay person, these photos look more similar than different.

Night Sleuthers! Trying to kick the pup over to make some room in my bed. I laughed and cried a lot tonight. Chalk it up to being a newbie.
Thank you for keeping me company whether you meant to or not.
Stay safe!! Sleep well
@Michael0808
Hope you are feeling better.
Puppies are a warm feeling and lots of love but also lots of work LOL
Take care of YOU

I don't see her as spiritual AT ALL, she and her family appear to be incredibly shallow, materialistic, and worldly people. Chad did not meet a spiritual need in her, he met a very physical, very carnal need in her to be wanted, have attention and power. And the accounts that we have read indicate that she was very unstable and immature as a parent, psychologically and emotionally abusing CR and TR for years. Maybe with the steady influence of CV she was able to better parent JJ for a while, until TR took over that role, but no, her hangup with appearances is where she placed value. IMO.

IMO, I really do think Lori was pretty much fascinated with the supernatural aspect of it all. If her mental state was such that has been speculated upon, she could be dissociating hard into her fantasy world. CV said she had some kind of "break", as in psychosis. I think she totally dug the spiritual talk. It excused her actions, to herself. IT was exciting. I think her dream, if the world didn't end, was to become some kind of celebrity in the podcast world.

Some observations:

MOO!

I am no expert by any means, but my 18 year old thinks she is, HA! She will look at the pic I just took and tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong down to how to angle the phone to make her look more tan. Seems to me the same person took the pic, moved over to their right therefor the treeline angle made it seem like it was taken from higher up. MOO

Murder is horrible, but when children, especially a beautiful teen and a special needs child is murdered, by people they loved and trusted, nothing makes sense. Absolutely nothing I come up with makes sense! I have followed along and sleuthed many murders, but I just can’t wrap my head around this one. As a mother to a once teenage daughter, I never once thought of harming her, and believe me, she was a handful and is more so a handful today at age 31, still I have no desire to harm her. This entire ordeal doesn’t just turn my stomach, it turns my stomach inside out. May their angel wings expand from one side of heaven to the next, they so deserve it!
I agree
I raised 2 teenage daughters... it sure was a challenge at times and my youngest was he$$ on 2 legs--whatever trouble she could get into, she did, but I NEVER wanted her dead or thought of harming her.
She is now mom to my 2 most fav kiddos in the world.
I never, ever, thought of harming her in any way.
I just have a hard time when kids go missing, or found deceased by the hands of parents.
My heart hurts.

Honestly, not sarcastic at all........ but I am starting to believe that many of us who have "stuck it out" for months and months, DO have personal experiences that relate to, parallel, contrast, surprise us.... which makes us relive some of our own experiences in life.
Yes I've thought this too. I can relate to sticking it out, hoping, praying things are not what you suspect.
Also in a similar way Tammy going to visit her parents before her death reminds me of those times I sought out the comfort and safety of my parents and my family home when troubling things were happening relationship wise. Your parents can feel like the certainty when everything else feels shaky and uncertain.
I feel Tammy suspected or knew about Chad's affair and maybe started having suspicions about more sinister things going on. She was a smart woman and it wouldn't surprise me if she had done some sleuthing of these podcast women that Chad was hanging around with.

IMO, I really do think Lori was pretty much fascinated with the supernatural aspect of it all. If her mental state was such that has been speculated upon, she could be dissociating hard into her fantasy world. CV said she had some kind of "break", as in psychosis. I think she totally dug the spiritual talk. It excused her actions, to herself. IT was exciting. I think her dream, if the world didn't end, was to become some kind of celebrity in the podcast world.
BBM--Oh, I think that podcast world got to her.
She thought she was the Queen of everything.
SHe is so egotistical and all about herself.

thank you for the link to Gray. That is pretty close to what I was trying to do. Picked out East Chinaman's Spring a few times looking for a bench maybe, but I have to agree this does look like the place.

Google Earth

If you move back a bit you can see there is really not much of a grade there.

Most people hold their phones just below their eye level when taking pictures. If Alex's eyes are about where the phone level is at and Alex is just over 6' and Chad is just under 6'3", I think there is a decent chance the person taking this photo is Chad and not Lori.

I am taller than either Chad or Alex and I'm also an avid amateur photographer. Couple more things for you to think about: Alex is leaning on the rail, which takes a few inches off, for starters. Lori is on a slight grade that I think would safely add a couple of inches for her. iPhones are equipped with a wide-angle lens, which will create some perspective distortion in photos taken at short distances. For all these reasons together, I still think it more likely that Lori took that photo.

ETA: BUT I cannot easily explain the marked differences in white balance, color saturation, composition, exposure and focus between photo 1 and photo 2 that were noted by another user. So I'll say "it's still possible Lori took it", but the big quality change is a question mark.

Last edited:
Is LV really that religious and devout? That's not the vibe I get. I thought she didn't go to church? Maybe she didn't attend LDS weekly functions, either? Did she have a ward? She certainly didn't apply the 10 commandments, or seemed to even try.
Religion was a convenience to her, IMO.

It could have been an act. I have personal experience of some one who became all religious quite suddenly, but only at work. This was precipitated by her doing something un-Christian, so it was a cover. Could be the plot to kill Joe Ryan and contemplation of the same for CV made her put on an act of being too good to be involved in such a thing. But MG did say that LV knew the scriptures and she had a religious foundation going back to childhood.

Good point. Maybe the person or persons unknown failed to show up, and this was the pack's first indication that they were being hung out to dry.

PM sent
well, can you send me one also, please
I looked into a few that fit your description but not sure if same ones.

Warning——

I don’t think the bricks were deep enough underground for this because I think it said they were a foot underground. But I wondered if the bricks were in Tylee’s burial spot in order to burn hotter. Is it possible they were placed there to create the fire?
Wasn’t the fire in the fire pit? That is why he sent Tammy that stupid limb debris email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025