Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the Vallows are JJ’s family, as well as being an important part of his identity - without them he has no genetic mirroring and his trauma is compounded. Adoptees, even ones who are treated well by adoptive parents, are 4x more likely to die by suicide due to this primal wound.

I can’t see how on earth this could be looked at as good parenting by Lori - she has basically re-homed and abandoned a young adopted child with autism whose father has just died violently, how is that justifiable? You really think JJ needs protection from Kay and Larry?
I just need to state that CPS/APS DOES NOT consider re-homing a child with special needs to a neighbor and separating/hiding that child from his family child abuse or even neglect, and will not consider the fact that she has done so to be any sort of poor reflection on her parenting or choice of guardianship. Moo.

I have not been able to keep up with the this thread. I am aware however that for some reason this woman and her husband are dividing their time on the island between the resort and a town home. Has anyone asked "why?" That is very strange. What would be the reason or need to do that? That seems to be beyond self-indulgence to me. Why the need for TWO lodgings in paradise? I do recall a case or two where a parent hid the child in a false room in a home and the child fully cooperated with being quiet. I can also see Tylee cooperating with this and caring for JJ. Do we know whether both the resort AND the town home were searched thoroughly to the point of looking for such a thing? It would be interesting to know if they checked for the children's DNA in these lodgings or ran a search dog through the home and resort room. I am really in another camp as to what has happened to the children, but this activity with the divided time is extremely odd to me even with this psychopathic self-indulgent couple of.....

I wonder if they could be making money from illegally renting out their rental a couple days every week?
Nate's post says that condo would rent for $3-4K a month. Let's say for easy math they are paying the lower amount of $3000 even. They could rent out the condo for $375 per night and only book 8 nights a month (maybe only weekends) and it would be enough to cover their rent for the month. If they can get more than $375 a night they could make enough for their own hotel stays.

Although I suppose the neighbors would notice if people were always coming and going from the condo in a gated community... And the realtor/neighbor said he hardly ever saw them and didn't see them have any guests. My other thought is that they have made some kind of deal with the owner to furnish the house and make it look like they are living there in exchange for some cheaper rent and they agreed to leave for weekend vacation renters a set number of days per month under the guise of saying a "potential buyer" is looking at the house? Perhaps the condo is actually being used as a vacation rental but is listed as a long term rental and for sale on legal paperwork? Maybe some loop hole in the rental laws that is being exploited? IDK.

Any Hawaii locals want to weigh in on the possibility of an illegal rental situation going on that would cause Lori and Chad to hotel hop?

She was asked about what the adults were yelling three times during the interview so they kept circling back to it. She clearly remembers what both Charles and her mother are saying to her during the argument but not what the argument was about, even when standing right next to her mother. When asked three times about the subject of the argument she says, "doesn't know" then "couldn't say," and finally "can't remember."

She also changes her description of a particular moment during the argument three times in the same paragragh. First saying "they were both yelling" and "they were yelling" to "it was mostly her step-dad(yelling)" to "he was really the only one yelling and that her mom was responding."

Tylee also said she went back into the house after the shots were fired to get her mom's purse and wallet. "She went through the garage door and went in and ran to her mom's closet and didn't see or hear anything." So I went back and watched the body cam footage.

The door between the garage and the house is off a short hallway a few steps before you reach the entrance to Lori's bedroom at the end. She would not have seen anything going from the garage to Lori's bedroom but it would be impossible for her not to see Charles laying on the floor when leaving Lori's bedroom. You have to make a left turn and face the living room for a couple steps to reach the hallway leading back to the garage door.

I also think it's strange that she describes Charles as in a rage and craziest she had ever seen him just like Alex.

Charles didn't show up at that house in a rage, he came to pick up JJ. He's not known to have ever been violent with either Lori or Tylee. Something happened in that house to get Charles upset and at some point Tylee knew what it was. She's also clearly downplaying Lori's part in what went down.

The saddest part is that she feels responsible for bringing the bat into the situation which is a lot to put on a kid's shoulders and would eat at her over time without some help. Any sane parent would have had the kids in therapy but I suspect that and/or a follow-up interview with Tylee by Chandler LE would have proved problematic for Lori.

Adding a picture of Lori's room looking towards the door to the hallway for context.
View attachment 229015

I'm not getting how police thought this added up in any way. All 3 statements put Lori in a different place. Nothing really describes Charles as the instigator. He went to the house and Lori stole his phone and ran around the house so he couldnt get it back, then Tylee comes out and threatens him with a bat, He takes the bat, doesn't hit anyone with it, and then Alex assaults him from behind and then eventually shoots him. It seems like just about everyone else in that house was instigating a conflict or violence except Charles. Classic case of 'dead men tell no tales' I suppose.

there wasn’t an active custody battle though, it only became one after the kids were missing for 4 months and Lori ignored a court order.

There was a "custody battle" from the beginning, regardless if official paperwork was filed. Kay said Lori didnt even tell her what happened to Charles, and then started dodging her calls. From the moment Charles was killed, Lori started acting as if she wanted to shut Kay out. Kay had been an active grandparent to her son, they had gone on family vacations together, and were frequent contact. Even if Charles was the abuser that Lori painted him to be, why shut out the loving grandparent who helps provide a stable caring environment for your difficult to control special needs son? Because she thought Kay would come for JJ, especially being very aware of Lori's strange behaviors/abandonment/religious ranting/stealing cars and cash and affair. If Kay believed what her brother was telling her, why in the world would she NOT want to get her grandchild away from Lori? I think we can put this argument to rest now. There is a provable custody dispute, and there likely has always been an informal one.

Re: Alex: "He's professional with guns." I bet he is. But her statement didn't paint Alex as being or seeming very threatened by Charles.

Also, by the time this interview took place, Lori had had an opportunity to just see what was on Charles' phone. But in the interview she never mentions what she actually saw -- she doesn't say that Charles' texts did or did not contain something upsetting to her, right? I wish the officer had asked "So what exactly was on his phone??"

My money is on her crazy translated being rant. They were talking about how she was only going to get supervised visits with JJ. He was obviously inferring that because he thought he could prove she was mentally unstable he was going to move forward and officially try to limit her access to him. How could he prove she was mentally unstable without it being a he said she said? The recording. Im guessing since her mental instability was the topic that day, and the recording would be the only proof he had of that, she took the phone to make sure he didnt have the recording anymore. Possibly also to see if he had given any other hard evidence to Adam. Why would she care if Charles was having an affair? She was having an affair. Its not like proving his affair would do anything, because she was doing the same thing.

I'm not getting how police thought this added up in any way. All 3 statements put Lori in a different place. Nothing really describes Charles as the instigator. He went to the house and Lori stole his phone and ran around the house so he couldnt get it back, then Tylee comes out and threatens him with a bat, He takes the bat, doesn't hit anyone with it, and then Alex assaults him from behind and then eventually shoots him. It seems like just about everyone else in that house was instigating a conflict or violence except Charles. Classic case of 'dead men tell no tales' I suppose.
The biggest problem I have is how Tylee got into a direct confrontation with Charles with the bat, yet Alex and Lori did nothing to intervene in any way. Even allowed it to become a back and forth struggle over the bat. Any parent or even uncle would have told her to put down the bat and / or go back to her room. Leave the fighting to the grownups.

My money is on her crazy translated being rant. They were talking about how she was only going to get supervised visits with JJ. He was obviously inferring that because he thought he could prove she was mentally unstable he was going to move forward and officially try to limit her access to him. How could he prove she was mentally unstable without it being a he said she said? The recording. Im guessing since her mental instability was the topic that day, and the recording would be the only proof he had of that, she took the phone to make sure he didnt have the recording anymore. Possibly also to see if he had given any other hard evidence to Adam. Why would she care if Charles was having an affair? She was having an affair. Its not like proving his affair would do anything, because she was doing the same thing.

Probably right. In the interview, she doesn't express any concern about what might be on the phone. Maybe it's no longer on the phone.

The biggest problem I have is how Tylee got into a direct confrontation with Charles with the bat, yet Alex and Lori did nothing to intervene in any way. Even allowed it to become a back and forth struggle over the bat. Any parent or even uncle would have told her to put down the bat and / or go back to her room. Leave the fighting to the grownups.

This is a good rational point. Yet the police never raised an eyebrow.

FOX 13 (SLC) Investigates: The Search for JJ and Tylee

FOX 13 Investigates: The Search for JJ and Tylee

Adam Herbets and Lauren Steinbrecher did a very decent job for young, local reporters trying to give exposure to this story. It is probably less than 30 minutes with commercial breaks/weather, but it is focused. I truly appreciate their efforts.

I feel like peer pressure here in Utah might have some kind of effect on Chad’s family to hopefully get them to communicate with their Dad in someway that these children’s whereabouts must be disclosed.

Thanks Bray2020 for posting that this was going to air.
Sure thing! I have the same hope. The brother in Idaho is the only family member who has spoken up. Maybe if the news in Utah gives the story more attention, Chad's parents and other siblings will put pressure on the couple to reveal the location of the children. I really hope someone will reach out and have a heart to heart with him.

It's just crazy to me that LE can't make a case for murder here. Especially with all the new information that has come out. Even Lori's version of her relationship with Charles in her statement doesn't check out. Charles didn't take JJ, she abandoned him. He moved to Houston because she took the company payroll funds and disappeared. Then there's her affair.

It almost feels like there is some outside influence in play. Maybe a relative on Lori's side of the family has a relationship with someone in local LE or the prosecutor's office and is able to influence the narrative. The reports from Lori and Charles' previous interaction with LE over Lori's mental health hold and Charles attempting to recover the payroll funds shows a clear favortism for whatever Lori says and an almost palpable dislike for Charles. MOO

"I don't know where they are. I asked my brother Alex to make sure they are safe but he is now dead and I don't know what happened. I'm as heartbroken about this as everyone else <eyelash bat, hair flip> your Honor"
Right! All neat and tied up in a bow! I'm really scratching my head as to why they didnt play that angle.

I wonder if they could be making money from illegally renting out their rental a couple days every week?
Nate's post says that condo would rent for $3-4K a month. Let's say for easy math they are paying the lower amount of $3000 even. They could rent out the condo for $375 per night and only book 8 nights a month (maybe only weekends) and it would be enough to cover their rent for the month. If they can get more than $375 a night they could make enough for their own hotel stays.

Although I suppose the neighbors would notice if people were always coming and going from the condo in a gated community... And the realtor/neighbor said he hardly ever saw them and didn't see them have any guests. My other thought is that they have made some kind of deal with the owner to furnish the house and make it look like they are living there in exchange for some cheaper rent and they agreed to leave for weekend vacation renters a set number of days per month under the guise of saying a "potential buyer" is looking at the house? Perhaps the condo is actually being used as a vacation rental but is listed as a long term rental and for sale on legal paperwork? Maybe some loop hole in the rental laws that is being exploited? IDK.

Any Hawaii locals want to weigh in on the possibility of an illegal rental situation going on that would cause Lori and Chad to hotel hop?
That is probably very likely and as a "local" Lori would probably get the cheaper rental both in the condo and the resort as was explained on here as she probably still has her residency which lasts for 8 years I think it was said. That's a real good thought.

Right! All neat and tied up in a bow! I'm really scratching my head as to why they didnt play that angle.
Because then she would be admitting she doesn't have them so no payments any more. I don't know what she will do except nothing for as long as she can drag it out IMO.

Did we ever find out where exactly JJ was enrolled in school in Chandler at the time of Charles' death? I'd like to get an idea of how long it would have taken for Lori to drive him to school and come back.
My guess is close to Gilbert and Ray rd.

It's common for people to rent without a lease or month to month and if you rent while it's for sale sometimes the owner will ask you to vacate for a certain amount of time, if they want to come and use it or anyone else. I would have no clue what the terms were in this case but I'm almost sure it'd be easy to find out the owner/s if the addresses are known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami