Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sleuthers, I'm sure I just missed this somehow, but I've been looking for the news report, etc, describing how Lori and Chad were found in Hawaii. But I can't find it. I did see that chilling video of the storage locker, and her letter to JJ's school, but I haven't found anything about them being located in Hawaii. Is there a link, please? Thank you!
EXCLUSIVE: Chad and Lori Daybell served with search warrants in Hawaii | East Idaho News

Mom of missing kids who lived in Chandler allegedly found with husband in Hawaii

Unless CV made the beneficiary their child. If that's the case she would have found out after and would do anything to hold on to the child so that she could get that 1 million because the one who has legal custody would get that money.

He was an estate planner... and his life was threatened. If anyone would set up a trust, it would have been him. More sloppy financial housecleaning? Joe left Lori 75K after divorced, what, over 10 years? Perhaps he was in disbelieve as to how evil she could be?

Hi Sleuthers, I'm sure I just missed this somehow, but I've been looking for the news report, etc, describing how Lori and Chad were found in Hawaii. But I can't find it. I did see that chilling video of the storage locker, and her letter to JJ's school, but I haven't found anything about them being located in Hawaii. Is there a link, please? Thank you!
There are likely hundreds of news stories that hit the news wires and were picked up around the country but this is one of, if not the first.
EXCLUSIVE: Chad and Lori Daybell served with search warrants in Hawaii | East Idaho News

I just found out that Idaho is what is referred to as a "Community Property State" as it pertains to life insurance. From my cursory understanding, spouses MUST be named beneficiary to life insurance. If you want to name someone other than the spouse, you must get them (the spouse) to grant permission in writing. So, even though CV may have named the Woodcocks beneficiary, the law would not honor without Lori's approval or.... a divorce.

Does anyone know more about Life Insurance on this forum. MOO

Charles didn’t live in Idaho and I don’t think he ever did-Arizona and Texas

The new beneficiary (per today's news) was CV's sister Kay.
Idaho is what is called a community property state, which means beneficiary must be the spouse. The exceptions are if there is a divorce or if the spouse approves in writing that someone else becomes the beneficiary. Kay will not be able to receive it unless Lori approves it or Lori dies. This is my cursory understanding of a community property state. MOO

That to me says this guy isnt that great at his job. He said he saw the moving van get loaded to go to ID, but didnt see the kids there at all. We know the kids were in ID at first by the neighbors account and the schools account. (I've even seen parents say that JJ was in their childs class in ID). Perhaps he meant that he saw them there, and then didnt see them for some time before the welfare check, but the poor wording leaves some doubt.

From the article with the PI (BBM) - it *is* confusing because he mentions seeing a U-Haul and knowing about Rexburg, but I suspect if he was watching Melani, he is speaking about her move, NOT Lori's - so the missing date of Sept 23rd (ish) still holds.
Link: New details come to light about family members of missing Rexburg kids

Pertinent Excerpt:

Robertson was hired by Brandon Boudreaux in October 2019 after he was the target of a drive-by shooting.

Brandon Boudreaux is the ex-husband of Lori Vallow's niece, Melani Boudreaux.

I just found out that Idaho is what is referred to as a "Community Property State" as it pertains to life insurance. From my cursory understanding, spouses MUST be named beneficiary to life insurance. If you want to name someone other than the spouse, you must get them (the spouse) to grant permission in writing. So, even though CV may have named the Woodcocks beneficiary, the law would not honor without Lori's approval or.... a divorce.

While the MSM just recently got wind of life insurance issues, we've been over it quite a bit in January. IIRC Lori was upset when she found out she wasn't the bene, and also that the $$ amount was $2M. I don't recall the source of that info, just read it here. It's probable that either Charles', Tammys', or both insurance have paid out, as they are spending money in Kauai as if it's on fire.

Idaho is what is called a community property state, which means beneficiary must be the spouse. The exceptions are if there is a divorce or if the spouse approves in writing that someone else becomes the beneficiary. Kay will not be able to receive it unless Lori approves it or Lori dies. This is my cursory understanding of a community property state. MOO

I would think that it is Arizona's law that is pertinent? Possibly Texas since CV was living there, but I really don't know which state law applies in this case! I can definitely see this being litigated before any money is released to anyone.

I believe it's not so black and white as that, there are exceptions where for instance assets were owned before marriage and/or acquired from income earned in other states etc - and I think he probably would have taken legal advice.

What Is a Community Property State?

Charles didn’t live in Idaho and I don’t think he ever did-Arizona and Texas
My mistake. Arizona and Texas are both Community Property states as well. I don't think the payout has occurred as we think unless it went to Lori. The law is on her side unfortunately. Even an estate planner would not be able to get around it without a divorce (from my understanding) but i could be totally wrong. Anyone have insurance expertise in this area?

In my very humble opinion I don't think the male seen with Lori at the storage unit on Oct 2nd was Alex. The footage is difficult to analyze, but that male seems to be much taller than Lori. It doesn't appear that he is wearing a baseball cap like the other, shorter male we see later. He also walks much slower than the second male, kind of lumbering where the second male walks faster. Comparing photos, Chad seems to be much taller than Lori but Alex is only slightly taller. This is all in my opinion only, would love some additional eyes on it. @RexburgSleuth, was Chad known to wear or not wear baseball caps?

Also, I don't think we are seeing everything in the storage unit. The storage unit that Lori rented was 10x10, the images put out by East Idaho News show a much smaller space. The bikes barely fit. MOO
I think Chad is the one seen there on November 24. Most of the others look the same to me - most likely Alex. The second man from October 28 could be someone else - Chad could have left for Hawaii by then.
The part with the man rolling in a tire was also likely taken on October 2 (the tire was carried out the next day).

Charles lived in Arizona and Texas, not in Idaho.

My mistake. Arizona and Texas are both Community Property states as well. I don't think the payout has occurred as we think unless it went to Lori. The law is on her side unfortunately. Even an estate planner would not be able to get around it without a divorce (from my understanding) but i could be totally wrong. Anyone have insurance expertise in this area?
One would think that Charles would have counsulted his lawyers before making changes to his life insurance policy.

This is what bothers me. From the allegations of CV that she didn’t want to be a mom anymore, she could have divorced him, and left JJ in the care of CV. She could have sent TR to live with CR! She could have still married CD, maybe he could have divorced his wife (rather than what we think happened). They could be in Hawaii, on their honeymoon, without kids, but here’s the huge plus in this scenario: no missing kids! No deceased ex husbands and brothers!! No self imposed house arrest! Imagine that. You could have had everything you want, without making anyone disappear!

She wasn’t the beneficiary to CV’s insurance, so money wasn’t a motive.. I just don’t see how orchestrating his death could help her, one bit. Guess she is completely deluded, antisocial, sociopathic, and truly believed her ex needed to die. ?!?
ETA MOO

So another weird autism nuance. Its not that uncommon for parents of autistic children to come off like they feel burdened by their kids. There are a variety of reasons for this generally, from having the realization that your child will be different from all the dreams you had, to coming to terms with possible financial, emotional, and physical strains long term care might cause. I know some parents with nonverbal children that if you just casually overheard one of their conversations you might think was a heartless monster who hates their kids, but knowing them personally I know that's as far from the truth as possible. I understand both sides of this situation, I know how hard it is and how much sacrifice is involved in creating a safe nurturing environment for kids like JJ, and I get that parents often get overwhelmed and need to vent. That being said, the kids arent oblivious, and are just trying to find a way to a happy life, they're not trying to be a bother. I really feel for both sides, but I tend to speak up more for the kids because they sometimes dont have a viable way to do it for themselves. Long story short, Lori might not have been as fed up with JJ as she appears, a lot of loving parents to autistic children come off that way too. When they do, I tend to show them this:
Stimmy+meltdown+comic+hearing.jpg

I would think that it is Arizona's law that is pertinent? Possibly Texas since CV was living there, but I really don't know which state law applies in this case! I can definitely see this being litigated before any money is released to anyone.
I wonder how is Lori fighting for that money from Hawaii.

The new beneficiary (per today's news) was CV's sister Kay.

Maybe something else prevails here, but for simplicity's sake the press is using the term "life insurance." Because Lori would be entitled to actual life insurance unless they were divorced or she signed it away.

But at least it sounds like Charles was reconsidering how funds would be distributed in the event of his death, and that he found an avenue that redirected $ to Kay (for the benefit of JJ, I would guess.)

I think Chad is the one seen there on November 24. Most of the others look the same to me - most likely Alex. The second man from October 28 could be someone else - Chad could have left for Hawaii by then.
The part with the man rolling in a tire was also likely taken on October 2 (the tire was carried out the next day).

I agree with you that it is most likely Chad on November 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member