Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@alter idem From what I know about mormonism, you have to go through a special ceremony to wear those garments. If you don't go through the ceremony, you can't wear them. They are special and not for everybody.

Maybe that's why Chad fell for Lori. Tank tops and no special garments, so she can wear skimpy! ;)

Agreed. It's really hard to understand what made CV pivot from filing orders of protection, filing for divorce, and trying to have Lori committed to suddenly buying a Jeep for Tylee and renting Lori a nice house in Chandler. It almost makes me wonder if Lori had something on CV? Was she blackmialing him or was he blinded by love for her and wanted to make it work?
He’d had a few marriages. Was getting older, I’m sure he hoped things would get better... and Lori is a master manipulator. IMHO

Agreed. It's really hard to understand what made CV pivot from filing orders of protection, filing for divorce, and trying to have Lori committed to suddenly buying a Jeep for Tylee and renting Lori a nice house in Chandler. It almost makes me wonder if Lori had something on CV? Was she blackmialing him or was he blinded by love for her and wanted to make it work?
BBM. IMO it was the latter. Some corroboration might exist (fb search: charles vallow mentor).

Very interesting timing. By that time CV was back in Texas with JJ and around that time Lori and Tylee went back there too. Assuming that is when Charles Vallow bought the Jeep, I wonder if it was part of Lori's "demands" made before she would pretend to try to reconcile with CV? Or perhaps a gift from CV to Tylee to try to make the relationship better?

MOO.
Could also be when Tylee drove back from Texas alone?

I think it was the BB shooting that began the digging, since it seems the police had closed the CV shooting as self defense, but maybe the shooting of BB led them to look again at CV's killing and the two cases led to Lori in Rexburg, her new husband and his recently deceased wife. MOO
As I recall, BB was pretty quick in approaching the press to tell about what had happened to him, and that's where we started hearing about his wife and this 'cult'--after the police asked for the public's help in finding the two children about Dec. 20th. MOO

What if there is a cult, but it has nothing to do with why the kids needed to be d
Lori’s hair in Kauai looked the same as it always has - she clearly spends time on it everyday - she is also formerly a hairdresser (I think that’s how she met Charles?) and reportedly gave the kids and her husband du jour regular haircuts.

Awesome, we're back on the hair!

Ignore the top half of that comment, my browser broke bad on mobile and I couldn't delete it. But I stand by what I said about the hair.

I think he just really cared about his children

On a side note, sadly it seems that just recently a national tv show rep called GH and told him they now have "rights" to the Woodcocks' story (or something similar). I'm guessing it's Dateline since they've teamed up with Nate E. It's unfortunate as Gray did some of the first YT interviews with Larry & Kay Woodcock. He was the original "scooper" to the story, and created the first "flowchart" of the parties involved... as he realized it was difficult to keep everyone and all the info clear. Not everyone loves GH but his work on this case was great. Also, it seemed the Woodcocks liked his interest and coverage. Sadly, it seems that once the big guys get involved in a story the little guys get knocked to the curb.

All JMO.

Nature of the beast, if you work in media. More importantly, is LE working with more leads? Probably, based on what we know so far. For the general public, you can assume you are only about a month (maybe two) behind LE, regarding warrants. When public input might be relevant to the investigation, they will let us know.

could have been a protective/ kind impulse not uncommon to a good police officer.
cleaning up blood in the middle of investigation is likely going to contaminate/compromise the scene
It's possible you're right, and it's the kindness factor. I know of a case in which the victim was shot, but not discovered for a couple of days during a heat wave. When found, the wounds were not visible to officers. Given age/sex/etc, it was believed to be natural causes.

A deputy offered to and received permission to remove and burn the mattress that the victim was found on. This was totally altruistic in intent, intended to spare the family the difficult task; I was one of several people who heard the conversation. Later, things got messy with the realization that it was a murder, and this action, that was intended to be helpful, caused an awful lot of grief for an awful lot of people. Up to and including accusations against certain members of the law enforcement and their families.

Nearly 20 years later, the case is still unsolved... and they lost a crucial piece of potential evidence that day. In all honestly, though - it would have been lost prior to the discovery it was a murder, anyways. The family or friends of the family would have dealt with the mattress.

(And hey - that case doesn't seem to be on here, but it is out there, so if you recognize it, please do me a kindness and don't out me. I've been vague, but I know some of you have long memories, and I've talked about it elsewhere online.)

We also heard from a VI (@Maxxer500) that Chad's children cut contact with Tammy's side of the family:

"I'm of the impression that the Daybells cut contact with us at Chad's request, there's talk that he's been telling them we betrayed their family, but I'm not too sure on this."

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

Did @Maxxer500 say why they were saying they "betrayed their family"? That seems like such an odd thing to say. And I haven't seen a post from Maxxer500 lately - hope they're doing ok.

Also of note is that JJ's first words were "Bye bye Ty". :(
I seem to remember something saying that JJ was with Kay and her husband until he was about 18 months old... wouldn't that suggest that he said that prior to being adopted by CV & LV? So it likely would have been when he was NOT yet living in the same household as Tylee... at least that's what I was thinking.

Yes! You said exactly what I was now thinking after a rewatch. Why "Miss Daybell". That suggest she was the target not CD.
I'm not clear on where on the timeline this "Miss Daybell" occurred, (and don't have time to follow this back tonight, it's bedtime)... and I'm a bit puzzled. If it was before Lori & Chad's supposed marriage, she wouldn't yet be Daybell... and if it was after, wouldn't she be Mrs, not Miss?!?

"How come yourey not wearing underwear right now?"
I totally want Nate to ask her this. Or Justin. That'd work, too.

Did @Maxxer500 say why they were saying they "betrayed their family"? That seems like such an odd thing to say. And I haven't seen a post from Maxxer500 lately - hope they're doing ok.
The VI introduced himself as Chad's nephew, but I guess he could have been Tammy's nephew. No, he did not explain. My guess would be that due to their loyalty to Chad, Chad's children would probably resent other relatives for speaking to the police, which they themselves refused to do. Maybe some of Tammy's relatives even dared to question the initial cause of Tammy's death.

The VI introduced himself as Chad's nephew, but I guess he could have been Tammy's nephew. No, he did not explain. My guess would be that due to their loyalty to Chad, Chad's children would probably resent other relatives for speaking to the police, which they themselves refused to do. Maybe some of Tammy's relatives even dared to question the initial cause of Tammy's death.

I think Tammy's relatives are by all accounts, mostly confused right now. Apparently Chad and Tammy had a marriage that was okay enough. You'd have to have a lot of rage at something or another to kill a mother of five, let alone your own spouse.

Bringing this over from the media thread to reply here:

Joshua was last seen Sept 23rd, 2019 at his school in Rexburg. Lori went to the school the next day without him and unenrolled him, saying she was going to homeschool him.

Tylee was last seen "sometime in Sept" by a neighbor in Rexburg. We don't have an exact date of when she was seen in Sept but this is the neighbor that helped them move in and said also he only met Tylee once. Her birthday is Sept 24th but no relatives have mentioned seeing or talking to Tylee on her birthday.

Thanks mate

Sorry - got mixed up between the threads on my phone

I think Brandon believes Melani left him (and tried to have him killed) because she joined a religious cult lead by Chad. That's what BB said in his interviews. So, yes, BB could have told the police about Chad from the beginning. He didn't need to know the extent of Lori and Chad's relationship to mention Chad to the police. MOO.

Kind of amazing how many people are involved in this thing - that is what makes it so unusual compared to the normal domestic homicides

I think Tammy's relatives are by all accounts, mostly confused right now. Apparently Chad and Tammy had a marriage that was okay enough. You'd have to have a lot of rage at something or another to kill a mother of five, let alone your own spouse.
Or just a very cold heart. Likely nobody in the family suspected that he was leading a double life. Maybe he justified getting rid of Tammy as part of his religious mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08