Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad’s books, and the other near death experience authors he published had a core belief that in the immediate future, following a major Utah earthquake, the righteous would pack up and run to the mountains to wait out assorted conflict until they could go to “places of refuge” for safety. Parts of Idaho, including where he moved his family, were safe havens for those purposes, according to him and his key authors. He convinced his family that he had received revelation that they needed to move there. IMO, he wanted to get away from family and friends that were not supportive, or would become unsupportive once they learned of his extremism. Plus he was joining other believers, and able to be around strangers where he might be able to carry on an affair without being recognized. My two cents.
thanks...says a lot.

Chad’s books, and the other near death experience authors he published had a core belief that in the immediate future, following a major Utah earthquake, the righteous would pack up and run to the mountains to wait out assorted conflict until they could go to “places of refuge” for safety. Parts of Idaho, including where he moved his family, were safe havens for those purposes, according to him and his key authors. He convinced his family that he had received revelation that they needed to move there. IMO, he wanted to get away from family and friends that were not supportive, or would become unsupportive once they learned of his extremism. Plus he was joining other believers, and able to be around strangers where he might be able to carry on an affair without being recognized. My two cents.
So... is this belief of an earthquake in Utah an expected event and respected by many? Or just more the doomsdayers. Would that make TD happy? It seems many knew she was happy in Springhill...but do people KNOW she was happy in Rexburg as well??

RSBM
Somebody mentioned earlier but I just caught it...look at the way Chad looks at the camera, smiles and tips his head back as if to say, “What’s up? It’s good to see you.” Or he could have been chuckling and telling Lori, “Lol look who’s over there. They’re back.” Regardless, my heart breaks for the kids and the rest of the hurting family.

I don’t understand why family members don’t go to Hawaii to confront them. Are they really that scary? Go get answers for yourselves. I’m sure people would be willing to foot the bill for CR to go get some answers.
This is why I am saddened to TD's parents being so silent. Hopefully it is because they are working closely with LE and simply cannot come out.... but we know they know Chad better than most. I don't feel his kids are in the same camp as Tammy's parents--pretty sure this was stated up-thread.... but these are their grandparents.... they should be together on getting to the truth....IMHO

I

I’ll be honest, I don’t think I can watch them try to snow the public on Dateline without throwing up. If they have anything to say, it should be directly to LE and the family members who are actually worried about these two kids. Instead, they think they are going to con America while simultaneously trying to capitalize on the media attention for financial gain. MOO.
I was feeling the same thing...not sure if i can watch...seeing emotional crapola, camera ready facial expressions, alternative facts and lies....oh what a strange world we live in that this is what we expect these days!!

Inside Edition has clips from Dateline with a interview I don’t think we have seen yet with former sister in law. I think. Edited for correction by me.

That says they had plane tickets to Mexico. I had put it in the timeline as "a tip said they were planning to fly to Mexico" but already having plane tickets is a whole different thing. I wonder why they didn't fly to Mexico? Was it the camera crew following them? Did that spook them into thinking their passports would be taken if they went to the airport or make them realize that they couldn't fly out unseen? They don't look like they are going to catch a plane but instead look like they are going to the beach. So was the source incorrect or did they waste money on tickets and not use them?

MOO.

So... is this belief of an earthquake in Utah an expected event and respected by many? Or just more the doomsdayers. Would that make TD happy? It seems many knew she was happy in Springhill...but do people KNOW she was happy in Rexburg as well??
It is common knowledge that the Wasatch Mountain range is part of a major fault line, and scientifically speaking, it is overdue for seismic activity. But no one other than Chad and his authors remaining true believers believe that this was imminent, nor tied to any “call to the mountains”. Their credibility was shattered by claims of dates, and book publishing timelines that promised the prophesied earthquake, and were repeatedly proven wrong, and eventually resulted in Chad’s publishing his last book anyway. IMO

ETA Tammy was very happy in Springville, and by all accounts found happiness in Idaho, particularly through her children growing older, getting married, and making her a devoted grandmother. Plus she got her dream job working with kids as a school librarian. Again IMHO

Excommunication and other forms of Church discipline is done with careful consideration with the local ecclesiastical leaders (bishop and Stake President) who represent the most local level of “judges” to the individual. Chad’s records are reportedly still located in his Idaho Ward, which he has not attended since the Sunday before Tammy died. This complicates any church discipline, let alone the lack of legal charges that themselves might escalate the need to take disciplinary action “in absence”. IMHO
BBM.

Do we know where his records are? Could we get some clarification please? TIA! @RexburgSleuth comments seem to be contradictory:

"I remember checking the ward roster (LDS Tools app) after he left and his name still being there through November. I don't specifically remember it being removed, but it isn't there now. I assumed he moved his records to wherever he moved to (maybe the Pioneer Road address?)." BBM.

And:

"2) No, if his records remain in Salem, that's where he'd need to talk to local leaders to handle anything regarding excommunication or full-fellowship.
3) I have seen no indication that his records have been moved." BBM.

Thank you. This post is very insightful.

Neither you nor @carbuff are wrong in this. Yes, she wasn't in marathon shape, but she was moving the direction of wanting to be more active and fit. She wasn't a participant but a volunteer in the Sept 14, 2019 Rexburg Rescue Run (see attached ETA: They've removed the facebook gallery of photos... but I have them and will post), but then wanted to participate in the Oct 26 Run for A Refugee 5K. I think this shows that she wanted to be more fit and active.

Snipped for focus.
I’m sorry to say this, but perhaps her wanting to be more fit and active came after she realized her husband was slipping away. Everything seemed to be wonderful in her life, but she missed the biggest piece: her marriage. So many people get wrapped up in life, children, church, work, and they forget about the person who they are married to. The spouse becomes a fixture in the house. Always there. Never complaining. Not speaking. By the time she realized his thoughts were elsewhere, it was too late. She didn’t want to quit the book business, he did. He was ready for a new challenge, maybe a different direction for his prepper teachings. Maybe they made enough from the business, and he wanted to coast for awhile. Whatever happened, it happened while they were not communicating well as a couple. Or not communicating at all. Getting fit wasn’t the answer. Growing together, planning together, moving forward together should have been the answer. Instead, they grew apart. Their goals became different. Like so many other couples. Instead of divorce, she died. Under strange circumstances. Now, that’s the real tragedy. And there is one hub in the wheel. One main player. Let’s just hope this ends soon. With no more dead bodies.

This is the Bloomz website. It has information about the features.
Bloomz - The Parent Communication App for Schools & Teachers

I checked out the features of this app, and it appears I was correct in the passive authentication I mentioned in a previous post. The app collects personal data upon account creation and while using the app, and also from third parties. I'm not at all surprised by this. Bloomz can also collect personally identifiable information (PII) from trusted third parties. Most of this is for targeted marketing (mostly through internet cookies) at the parents' behavior, so, it's detailed user behavior analytics.

Also as expected, the child would need to be removed from the class and the access terminated by the school, which they did not do. This is a common occurrence by companies across the spectrum, in my experience in infosec. But, it inadvertently provides LE with additional information that will allow them to discern pattern behavior AND location information. These types of marketing tools can perform amazing data collection and analyses.

RSBM
Somebody mentioned earlier but I just caught it...look at the way Chad looks at the camera, smiles and tips his head back as if to say, “What’s up? It’s good to see you.” Or he could have been chuckling and telling Lori, “Lol look who’s over there. They’re back.” Regardless, my heart breaks for the kids and the rest of the hurting family.

I don’t understand why family members don’t go to Hawaii to confront them. Are they really that scary? Go get answers for yourselves. I’m sure people would be willing to foot the bill for CR to go get some answers.

Well, their spouses are both dead, and out of their 8 children, the only ones who can be accounted for are adults. Colby's probably got other reasons for not going, because the odds are probably good that he would survive. Maybe he's been asked not to go, not to give them any warm fuzzies from home???

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Hopefully this case has has allowed people to understand that Lori and Chad Daybell are definitely not run of the mill LDS church members.

The whole "Doomsday Prepper" mentality has dwindled in the mainstream LDS faith considerably. Chad Daybell is one of the fringe extremists, and it actually surprises me that he was involved in his ward leadership. Was this recent?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully this case has has allowed people to understand that Lori and Chad Daybell are definitely not run of the mill LDS church members.

The whole "Doomsday Prepper" mentality has dwindled in the mainstream LDS faith considerably. Chad Daybell is one of the fringe extremists, and it actually surprises me that he was involved in his ward leadership. Was this recent?

He was executive secretary in his current ward until at least sometime in the last half of October or later. I think @RexburgSleuth said he'd been released from that calling at some point since, but don't remember the specifics or timing.

I suspect most of his Idaho ward members were not aware of his most extreme views. He was very protective of those being in the public eye. And his wife Tammy, and kids unwittingly provided him with a good cover. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018