Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some points from the timeline on the BB and Melani situation:

June 2019 – Lori’s niece, Melani, tells BB, her husband of 11 years, she wants a divorce. BB says he believes it was due to Melani's new religious beliefs after following her aunt and Chad into what he calls a “cult.” (Post Register).

[...]

8 July 2019 – BB files a divorce/child custody case against Melani (Lori’s niece) in Maricopa Co, AZ; doc reads: “Affidavit Regarding Minor Children” (Court records).

[...]

2 Oct 2019, abt 9:14 am – BB, husband of Lori’s niece Melani, is shot at in the driveway of his Gilbert, AZ home; A bullet narrowly misses BB and shatters the driver’s side window his Tesla. The shooter is driving a vehicle matching the description of Tylee’s Jeep. BB calls 911. “Did you see the guy that, that actually—” The dispatcher begins to ask. “I didn’t see who it was,” Brandon answers. Much of the call is redacted. It’s unclear what he was telling the dispatcher. A police report is filed. The Jeep was caught on CCTV and was later confirmed to be registered to the late Charles Vallow. After the attempted shooting BB takes his 4 children and goes into hiding with them (Family interview on GH; Fox News & Arizona Republic).

[...]

13 Oct 2019 - BB, husband of Lori’s niece Melani meets with Rich Robertson (RR), an AZ-based private investigator w/R3 Investigations. "He was so anxious that we actually met in my office on a Sunday morning and he told me this wild tale of killing and missing people and religious cults and that he had been the victim of a drive-by shooting…Basically, the bottom line for him at that point was he was hoping I could find Alex Cox and the Jeep that Alex was driving, and he hoped that I could find his wife, whom he had lost contact with for about two weeks…They were going through a divorce and they were supposed to exchange their four kids and she didn't show up for the last meeting. And then he was the target of the drive-by shooting and he thought that he recognized his assailant as being Alex Cox." RR said (Inside Edition)

[...]

16 Oct 2019 (Approx.) - About 2 Weeks after BB was shot at, Melani texts BB saying that she has decided to move to Boise, ID. (Arizona Republic)

[...]

22 Oct 2019 – BB and Melani’s divorce is finalized (Consent Decree); BB requested full custody of their 4 children on the grounds that he believes Melani was behind the attempt on his life in early October; He also requested Melani not see the children without supervision; Melani did not show up for court to challenge custody of the children; (Court records; Arizona Republic). Family Court Case Information - Case History

[...]

31 OctNov 1 2019 - RR, A private investigator hired by BB, observes Alex and Melani load up a U-haul outside Melani’s Chandler home and discard children's items on the curb. "It was all kids' stuff, it was clothing, it was blankets, it was toys, mattresses, bedding materials. It was all in a pile out there on the curb with a little cardboard sign on it that said, 'Free,'" RR says.
RR says he tracked Melani to Rexburg, not Boise: “We saw them loading the U-Haul they rented in Arizona and took to Rexburg and we saw where they were living but we didn’t see the kids,” RR said (KTVB7 News, AZ Family, Inside Edition).

3 Nov 2019 – Melani continues to look for her children before leaving for Rexburg. RR followed Melani and AC using a GPS tracker on their vehicle as they went to friends' houses looking for the kids on the day before they left for Idaho. RR said Melani also posted on Facebook she was offering a $10,000 reward for information about them. "It was clear to us that she was aggressively trying to find the kids, even though she left all the kids' stuff on the curb… And she was traveling with Alex Cox, so that increased the anxiety for Brandon and his kids," Said RR (Inside Edition)

4 Nov 2019 - Melani and AC arrive in Rexburg, ID (Inside Edition)

[...]

12 Nov 2019, around 6 pm - LE documents say Lori’s niece, Melani, trespassed onto the property of her in-laws in American Fork, UT. Melani came to look for her husband BB and their kids. BB's parents took all the kids upstairs and BB told Melani she could not be there. A LEO called Melani on the phone and she claimed BB kidnapped her kids and she hadn’t seen them in over a month. The LEO told Melani she could face criminal charges for trespassing if she returned (Fox10 Phoenix).

14 Nov 2019 – Lori’s brother Alex Cox drives their niece Melani (MB) back to BB’s parents’ home in a 2020 Kia Telluride. BB’s family calls 911 to report MB is there again, ringing the doorbell, banging on the door and yelling and she was seen going into the garage. BB’s father yells “Get out of my house! The police are on their way! Get away from my door! Now!” then he tells the 911 operator “Somebody tried to kill my son three weeks ago, and we believe that she’s involved in it.” Police say they found MB coming out of the garage when they arrived on the scene. BB's family say MB brought a court order saying she could take the children. At this time, BB was in AZ. Police cited her for criminal trespassing and told her to leave the property or she would be taken into custody. Police later found cause for a domestic violence enhancement and determined MB should be arrested. MB turned herself into AFPD and was booked into Utah County Jail for the misdemeanor. She was released on $2500 bail the same day. Alex posted $1950 for MB’s bail (Arizona Republic, Utah County Sheriff's Office Booking records, Fox10 Phoenix).

[...]

30 Nov 2019, 5:23 pm – Lori’s niece, Melani, marries Ian Pawlowski (IP) in Clark County, NV. IP, a resident of Rexburg, divorced his previous wife in July 2019 (Clark Co Marriage Records; Fox10 Phoenix, Post Register).

This **seems** to be Melani's kids stuff that was put to the curb when she abandoned her own family/children... not LV placing Tylee and JJ's items on the curb. Still disturbing to just discard your children and their belongings.
It is clear that it was her kids stuff that she dumped. But she still wanted the kids back. Two weeks later she was arrested for trespassing when she claimed she had a court order to get her children.

I suppose it's possible. Do you have a source verifying this? I see sources saying BB filed for custody of the children, but nothing specifically about the divorce. Seems that little bit of information might be useful for the timeline (of which it's notably missing).
How a Gilbert drive-by shooting is tied to the Idaho missing children

Here's an article that says it, probably not the original one though. It's pretty much copied and pasted all over by now.

Yes, it's unreasonable. There is no indication of suicide whatsoever. And where exactly did you get an idea that Tammy believed she was sealed to another?

To be fair, it has to be a consideration, from a law enforcement and medical examiner perspective. For close family and friends, it might seem unfathomable but we are constrained with factual information.

June 2019 – Lori’s niece, Melani, tells BB, her husband of 11 years, she wants a divorce. BB says he believes it was due to Melani's new religious beliefs after following her aunt and Chad into what he calls a “cult.” (Post Register).

[...]

8 July 2019 – BB files a divorce/child custody case against Melani (Lori’s niece) in Maricopa Co, AZ; doc reads: “Affidavit Regarding Minor Children” (Court records).

[...]

2 Oct 2019, abt 9:14 am – BB, husband of Lori’s niece Melani, is shot at in the driveway of his Gilbert, AZ home; A bullet narrowly misses BB and shatters the driver’s side window his Tesla. The shooter is driving a vehicle matching the description of Tylee’s Jeep. BB calls 911. “Did you see the guy that, that actually—” The dispatcher begins to ask. “I didn’t see who it was,” Brandon answers. Much of the call is redacted. It’s unclear what he was telling the dispatcher. A police report is filed. The Jeep was caught on CCTV and was later confirmed to be registered to the late Charles Vallow. After the attempted shooting BB takes his 4 children and goes into hiding with them (Family interview on GH; Fox News & Arizona Republic).

[...]

13 Oct 2019 - BB, husband of Lori’s niece Melani meets with Rich Robertson (RR), an AZ-based private investigator w/R3 Investigations. "He was so anxious that we actually met in my office on a Sunday morning and he told me this wild tale of killing and missing people and religious cults and that he had been the victim of a drive-by shooting…Basically, the bottom line for him at that point was he was hoping I could find Alex Cox and the Jeep that Alex was driving, and he hoped that I could find his wife, whom he had lost contact with for about two weeks…They were going through a divorce and they were supposed to exchange their four kids and she didn't show up for the last meeting. And then he was the target of the drive-by shooting and he thought that he recognized his assailant as being Alex Cox." RR said (Inside Edition)

[...]

16 Oct 2019 (Approx.) - About 2 Weeks after BB was shot at, Melani texts BB saying that she has decided to move to Boise, ID. (Arizona Republic)

[...]

22 Oct 2019 – BB and Melani’s divorce is finalized (Consent Decree); BB requested full custody of their 4 children on the grounds that he believes Melani was behind the attempt on his life in early October; He also requested Melani not see the children without supervision; Melani did not show up for court to challenge custody of the children; (Court records; Arizona Republic). Family Court Case Information - Case History

[...]

31 OctNov 1 2019 - RR, A private investigator hired by BB, observes Alex and Melani load up a U-haul outside Melani’s Chandler home and discard children's items on the curb. "It was all kids' stuff, it was clothing, it was blankets, it was toys, mattresses, bedding materials. It was all in a pile out there on the curb with a little cardboard sign on it that said, 'Free,'" RR says.
RR says he tracked Melani to Rexburg, not Boise: “We saw them loading the U-Haul they rented in Arizona and took to Rexburg and we saw where they were living but we didn’t see the kids,” RR said (KTVB7 News, AZ Family, Inside Edition).

3 Nov 2019 – Melani continues to look for her children before leaving for Rexburg. RR followed Melani and AC using a GPS tracker on their vehicle as they went to friends' houses looking for the kids on the day before they left for Idaho. RR said Melani also posted on Facebook she was offering a $10,000 reward for information about them. "It was clear to us that she was aggressively trying to find the kids, even though she left all the kids' stuff on the curb… And she was traveling with Alex Cox, so that increased the anxiety for Brandon and his kids," Said RR (Inside Edition)

[...]

12 Nov 2019, around 6 pm - LE documents say Lori’s niece, Melani, trespassed onto the property of her in-laws in American Fork, UT. Melani came to look for her husband BB and their kids. BB's parents took all the kids upstairs and BB told Melani she could not be there. A LEO called Melani on the phone and she claimed BB kidnapped her kids and she hadn’t seen them in over a month. The LEO told Melani she could face criminal charges for trespassing if she returned (Fox10 Phoenix).

14 Nov 2019 – Lori’s brother Alex Cox drives their niece Melani (MB) back to BB’s parents’ home in a 2020 Kia Telluride. BB’s family calls 911 to report MB is there again, ringing the doorbell, banging on the door and yelling and she was seen going into the garage. BB’s father yells “Get out of my house! The police are on their way! Get away from my door! Now!” then he tells the 911 operator “Somebody tried to kill my son three weeks ago, and we believe that she’s involved in it.” Police say they found MB coming out of the garage when they arrived on the scene. BB's family say MB brought a court order saying she could take the children. At this time, BB was in AZ. Police cited her for criminal trespassing and told her to leave the property or she would be taken into custody. Police later found cause for a domestic violence enhancement and determined MB should be arrested. MB turned herself into AFPD and was booked into Utah County Jail for the misdemeanor. She was released on $2500 bail the same day. Alex posted $1950 for MB’s bail (Arizona Republic, Utah County Sheriff's Office Booking records, Fox10 Phoenix).

[...]

30 Nov 2019, 5:23 pm – Lori’s niece, Melani, marries Ian Pawlowski (IP) in Clark County, NV. IP, a resident of Rexburg, divorced his previous wife in July 2019 (Clark Co Marriage Records; Fox10 Phoenix, Post Register).
Thanks for the correction/clarification! I saw the June entry but somehow missed the July one. Oy, in my defense, there's just too much to keep everything straight in this case - even with your wonderful timeline! :confused:

Check your dates. She trespassed November 14th. She left the kids stuff on the curb on Oct 30th, November 1st per the PI.

You are correct, I was wrong about the dates but never the less what use is it to have a lengthy discussion about what she intended when there is no way to know?

But, it is something that should be considered. Is it that unreasonable that TD committed suicide, if she embraced the idea that CD was a prophet and she was sealed to another, like John the Baptist?
100% unreasonable. Unlike the sketchy behavior of her husband, Chad, Tammy was actively engaged in her community, happily doting over her two young grandchildren, and anxiously awaiting the birth of a third, preparing for the return of her youngest from serving an LDS mission, and working at a school with another of her daughters. Life was great for her, and she displayed no suicidal tendencies. Plus, she was not known to be participating in the traveling conference, nor AVOW groups, and most likely had NO IDEA of the multiple life crap that others have been harboring. This is my bothered opinion.

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

I imagine you had no idea how much work this timeline would be when you started it. I’m thankful you had the time to stay with it and keep it accurate for all of us.

To be fair, it has to be a consideration, from a law enforcement and medical examiner perspective. For close family and friends, it might seem unfathomable but we are constrained with factual information.
There is nothing “fair” about this point, as it is not based in ANY logical or substantiated fact. It seems you were aware of this, as you yourself questioned if it was unreasonable to consider it. I think you were spot on to consider that it might be so (unreasonable, that is). You might as well ask if aliens came down and killed her, or some other absurdity. IMO.

ETA I would expect, however that LE and medical would do their jobs and rule out anything, which they did when they went with natural causes, and then further did when they switched to suspicious, and not suicide. Please know I am not getting personal here, but do want to maintain the honor of Tammy and her family, who are victims in all this.

Last edited:
When I was pulling dates for the Melani and Brandon mini timeline I posted on the previous page, something else jumped out at me:

Abt 19 Nov 2019About a week before conducting a welfare check on JJ and Tylee, a police officer came to SB’s door asking questions about Lori and her children. SB is the neighbor who had helped Lori move into her Rexburg townhouse with the children in Sept 2019 (Fox 13 Salt Lake City).
----------------------------------
Speculation: It just dawned on me that perhaps this person that SB spoke to on Nov 19th was not a police officer. Could it have been the PI that BB hired? Not that it makes too much of a difference if it was a LEO or a PI, but seeing BB's timeline of events made me wonder if the PI was the catalyst that lit a fire under LE to investigate Lori's missing children in full force? They were able to get warrants pretty fast the day after the welfare check. I wonder if the PI was still monitoring the Rexburg Townhouses and possibly even feeding LE info? The PI's testimony about not seeing JJ and Tylee the entire time he was monitoring Melani could be vital for a future court case.
MOO.

Mother of missing child may have monitored son's class after he disappeared

Only a couple tidbits of new information I haven't seen before. 1) The school app used is called "Bloomz." If anyone is familiar with it it might provide additional insight into what Lori may have had access to. And 2) "In a follow-up email to 12 News, the Laurens institute for education said Vallow logged on "countless" times."

Whatever she was looking for she seems to be obsessed with trying to find it. My guess would be she's looking for backdoor ways to find out how much others know or are revealing about the case. A case of narcissism? MOO.
Agree... total narcissism. And also makes me think she could be lurking here! And oh, what I know a few of us would like to say to her! After a few choice words, my wishes that her kids would have been given a loving mother, i’d say best wishes for life in prison. I’d also tell her that her sunglasses don’t hide the evil and she is way past the time for words on the tush of her clothing. Oh and I know she will enjoy a break from the salon. Grey should be a nice change.

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

Regarding your timeline, custody for Melani is looking grim. MOO

Well that is not actually hearsay depending on the purposes it is used for. K is allowed to give direct testimony of what was said to her, and it is proof of what was said, but not the truth of it. So, combined with other factors like changing the life insurance, it could be probative of what CV was feeling.
Of course. She can testify to what she actually heard. That is why I said "much." She has also told us a lot of things that CV said L said etc. Even if admissible under hearsay exceptions because CV is dead, it is far less weighty evidence.

In civil cases, you cannot hide behind the criminal burden of proof.
Oh, trust me. I think they are guilty. I have no doubt they would lose a civil case if all the evidence comes to light. My preponderance of the evidence says they are guilty. In Idaho court will order custody to KW soon I'm sure. But people calling for their heads on criminal charges have that higher level of proof. I certainly could not say they are guilty of anything beyond a reasonable doubt at this point. And a custody order is worthless without knowledge of the kids' whereabouts.

One side has produced troubling evidence. e.g loss of contact, the failed welfare check, failure to comply with a court order.
Of course. And I also find it troubling. But troubling does not equate to convincing me that there has been a crime for which I should dispense with Constitutional rights if I were a judge. Everything you listed could be explained away with "I am protecting my kids from a situation you are not aware of involving the Woodcocks. Of course the judge will order they disclose that situation, and they will decline. So we are, at best, contempt, likely civil contempt since custody is a civil matter.

The respondent cannot simply refuse to say if the kids are safe, but raise innuendo that they might be. The failure to produce any evidence may well lead to a conclusion on the balance of probabilities that the kids are not safe.
Actually the respondent can do whatever they please. They can simply refuse to say if the kids are safe and raise innuendo that they are. If they do that the court can act accordingly and conclude the kids are not safe. So she sits in judicial lockup for a while. Her attorney works all kinds of issues...jurisdiction, parental rights, judicial bias because of the spotlight. Religious persecution... He also gets her out quickly because Idaho does not lock up for civil contempt.

Once again, I think they are guilty as he11. But until there is good evidence to support murder charges, I think we are continue going to be frustrated. I would not be at all surprised if they are arrested tomorrow. Valentines Day would somehow be fun for that. But even if they are arrested, it solves nothing. People might feel better but the kids are still missing, CV, AC, and TD are still dead.

I imagine you had no idea how much work this timeline would be when you started it. I’m thankful you had the time to stay with it and keep it accurate for all of us.

Thank you, DDS. It is more work than I expected and I have completely abandoned reading other case threads. But I'm hopeful that it won't continue at this rapid pace for long. Sooner or later:
1. We will see some arrests.
OR
2. The kids will be found.
OR
3. The media frenzy will die down.

Even with the huge amount of work the media storm creates for editing the timeline, I hope the first 2 happen before the last one. We need to get these kids found and the more attention on the case the better.

MOO.

If the respondent wants to argue that the Idaho court does not have jurisdiction, the respondent will need to offer evidence of which jurisdiction the kid is in
I gather from your responses that you are an Idaho attorney. I will respectfully disagree with you. I am not an attorney much less in Idaho.

But jurisdiction is something the prosecutor must prove. The defendant does not have to prove "lack of jurisdiction." So an Idaho prosecutor will argue "last seen in Idaho" because that is probably all he has. I argued much earlier that they do not seem to have been there long enough to have established residency. So "last seen" is all he has. He can't use SNAP, Dl, etc to establish a nexus to Idaho. I do understand that "last seen" is enough, which is why I said in my original post, they can let all this churn, laugh at it, then produce a witness or two to swear the kids were in Montana (or Utah, Hawaii, etc.) a week later. Boom! The case restarts in a new state.

Please don't read into my posts that I support them or are defending them. My only point is that the only solid hope of getting them is to wait and pin something serious on them like murder with a body. I truly hope that body is not JJ or Tylee!

I gather from your responses that you are an Idaho attorney. I will respectfully disagree with you. I am not an attorney much less in Idaho.

But jurisdiction is something the prosecutor must prove. The defendant does not have to prove "lack of jurisdiction." So an Idaho prosecutor will argue "last seen in Idaho" because that is probably all he has. I argued much earlier that they do not seem to have been there long enough to have established residency. So "last seen" is all he has. He can't use SNAP, Dl, etc to establish a nexus to Idaho. I do understand that "last seen" is enough, which is why I said in my original post, they can let all this churn, laugh at it, then produce a witness or two to swear the kids were in Montana (or Utah, Hawaii, etc.) a week later. Boom! The case restarts in a new state.

Please don't read into my posts that I support them or are defending them. My only point is that the only solid hope of getting them is to wait and pin something serious on them like murder with a body. I truly hope that body is not JJ or Tylee!
Can an emergency jurisdiction be granted if the respondents can show some kind of neglect or abuse in Idaho? I couldn't find it anywhere. But I think it can be granted in most states. Otherwise the kid needs to live there, with a guardian, for 6 mo. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966