Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Law enforcement officials have said that JJ and Tylee may never be found. There is a lot of evidence.

The storage unit was searched in November by police, there was plenty of information about when Lori goes to storage unit, heavy totes. Man struggling with totes. October 28th, a man puts a bike in storage unit, with Chad.

No totes in the storage unit. Dateline is going through the pictures and stuff in storage unit. Talking about the kids bikes. Ex wife of Alex talking, Tylee's Aunt asks for Lori to do the right thing. Last scene, is Lori and Chad going down an escalator, back to cameras. Lori is definitely not wearing any LDS temple garments, shorts and tank top.

That is all for this edition of "Dateline".

WTH? Where is the new information? Zip.

Law enforcement officials have said that JJ and Tylee may never be found. There is a lot of evidence.

The storage unit was searched in November by police, there was plenty of information about when Lori goes to storage unit, heavy totes. Man struggling with totes. October 28th, a man puts a bike in storage unit, with Chad.

No totes in the storage unit. Dateline is going through the pictures and stuff in storage unit. Talking about the kids bikes. Ex wife of Alex talking, Tylee's Aunt asks for Lori to do the right thing. Last scene, is Lori and Chad going down an escalator, back to cameras. Lori is definitely not wearing any LDS temple garments, shorts and tank top.

That is all for this edition of "Dateline".

WTH? Where is the new information? Zip.
True, but I think it was important to get the whole country up to speed, and they did a great job of that.

Oh gosh I’m having a hard time listening to this. Anything new?
Still listening to it myself. Only new bit of information I've picked up on is mention of Chad "heading up" an organization in the area and having a surprising number (to the sheriff) of followers living in the area. I'm pretty sure he was referring to AVOW, but as he didn't specifically name this group then we can't officially discuss them here...

Blast... I only got 1 hour, because my DVR schedule never kicked in for me to be able to select Dateline properly (I had set a manual recording, and set it wrong). Looks like I'm waiting until the streamer posts to catch up on the last hour... thanks to everyone tiding me over with the live reporting.

Oh gosh I’m having a hard time listening to this. Anything new?

Specifically said the search of Chad's house they (FCSO, RPD, and FBI) removed 43 items from the search and they're "still being processed." He said the vast majority of them were varous electronics (computers, phones, tablet computers and such). Not anything earthshattering, but a specific detail I don't remember hearing or reading.

IMO, this supports the suspicion that Tammy's "paintball gun" incident was actually a jammed gun.
The paintball incident is perhaps the strangest of all. For a long time I was convinced it was a paintball gun, simply because Tammy said it was a paintball gun (and I think she'd probably seen one before - plus, she said it had one if those big scoop things on top).

She didn't say "it was hard to see", or "I couldn't make it out", or that it "looked kinda like a paintball gun", she said it was a paintball gun. She also was not terrified enough to run (which one would think an appropriate action if facing a man with a real gun) but immediately thought of perhaps defending herself by hitting her assailant with the frozen entrees she'd just bought at the grocery store.

Even if you claim she couldn't identify what it was, I think most people would claim it was a gun and not a paintball gun. You would've almost had to see a paintball gun to make the claim (vs a real rifle or gun). But I know, that doesn't solve it for sure.

It's also bizarre to me, because if Alex was holding a silenced 45 with a scope on top (they do have scopes for some handguns, but they're not scoopy looking), it could have possibly looked like a paintball gun. BUT - if was the case, I believe Tammy would've died right there in her driveway. First, Alex was a gun nut. Even if a cartridge had jammed in the slide, he would've known how to easily remove it. And if he actually did fire the weapon, how the hell could he have missed from close-enough range that he could been hit with a frozen dinner? And lastly, if the gun jammed, he could've just beaten her to death with it (unless she immediately started screaming for Chad from the very moment she saw him). Surely he could have overpowered and silenced her.

I can only assume it was either an attempt to scare her (why? I don't know) or that it truly was a prank. I guess we'll only truly know when PD tell us if they found any casings or loaded cartridges. Just hard to believe that if AC went there to kill her, that he was unable to do so. He was a "professional" with guns.

Last edited:
The paintball incident is perhaps the strangest of all. For a long time I was convinced it was a paintball gun, simply because Tammy said it was a paintball gun (and I think she'd probably seen one before - plus, she said it had one if those big scoop things on top).

She didn't say "it was hard to see", or "I couldn't make it out", or that it "looked kinda like a paintball gun", she said it was a paintball gun. She also was not terrified enough to run (which one would think an appropriate action if facing a man with a real gun) but immediately thought of perhaps defending herself by hitting her assailant with the frozen entrees she'd just bought at the grocery store.

Even if you claim she couldn't identify what it was, I think most people would claim it was a gun and not a paintball gun. You would've almost had to see a paintball gun to make the claim (vs a real rifle or gun). But I know, that doesn't solve it for sure.

It's also bizarre to me, because if Alex was holding a silenced 45 with a scope on top (they do have scopes for some handguns, but they're not scoopy looking), it could have possibly looked like a paintball gun. BUT - if was the case, I believe Tammy would've died right there in her driveway. First, Alex was a gun nut. Even if a cartridge had jammed in the slide, he would've known how to easily remove it. And if he actually did fire the weapon, how the hell could he have missed from close-enough range that he could been hit with a frozen dinner? And lastly, if the gun jammed, he could've just beaten her to death with it (unless she immediately started screaming for Chad from the very moment she saw him). Surely he could have o empowered and silenced her.

I can only assume it was either an attempt to scare her (why? I don't know) or that it truly was a prank. I guess we'll only truly know when PD tell us if they found any casings or loaded cartridges. Just hard to believe that if AC went there to kill her, that he was unable to do so. He was a "professional" with guns.
Maybe he just couldn't do it when he was face to face with her, but it is super weird.

New interview with Fremont County Sheriff:

Just watching, but this popped up as the raw interview of the same TV station (in Boise?) with the PI hired by Brandon when I finished watching the interview with the Fremont County Sheriff.

And they had technical issues, so it was extremely raw. Early on they'll have problems and you'll want to jump ahead to the 8:00 mark.

Alex Lamar Cox ...."who wishes to use the name Alexander Lamar Pastenes after marriage."
Even odder then that his new step son thought AC was Zulema's new boyfriend..

What I found more interesting in the dateline show (about Zulema) was that Lori and Zulema had apparently been close - at least close enough for Lori to tell her friend in HI about Zulema and her magical powers. Sounds like Lori and Zulema were on the same page. They also had known each other for what, at least a year? Which means (to me) the small conspiracy could've been comprised of 6 individuals instead of just 4.

Last edited:
:) Hello, Y'all !

First, Subscribing to the new thread here.

Second, I watched the Dateline show tonight, which I thought was well done. I am so glad I have been following here at WS the past few weeks because I would have been lost with all the layers to this case.

On the Dateline show, LE said they have a lot of evidence - which I hope and pray will lead to finding JJ and Tylee!

Off to catch up here … and JMO and MOO.

Still listening to it myself. Only new bit of information I've picked up on is mention of Chad "heading up" an organization in the area and having a surprising number (to the sheriff) of followers living in the area. I'm pretty sure he was referring to AVOW, but as he didn't specifically name this group then we can't officially discuss them here...
Much of the same questions and answers as we've heard before. But it was interesting to me to pick up on some of the subtleties - facial expressions, the way answers were worded or given, insights about the community and how people are reacting to the case, etc. I think I learned a lot more about the case from seeing and hearing these subtleties, even if nothing new was shared, so I thought it was worthwhile. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState