Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the autopsy results (IF poison was cause of death) and any evidence re: procurement of the poison, I think the most significant evidence still out there which might contribute to solving the case is digital evidence (which I guess takes a long time to obtain authorization to collect, and then even longer to search/compile). Cell phone pings/gps's, vehicle GPS's/on stars, business and residence cctv videos, license plate cams, etc.

I'm kinda surprised that Rexburg PD didn't immediately request business and doorbell video from Rexburg residents between 9/24 and 9/30.

Eta (when they first posted on Facebook in Dec that they were looking for the public's help in finding the kids)

Last edited:
Much of the same questions and answers as we've heard before. But it was interesting to me to pick up on some of the subtleties - facial expressions, the way answers were worded or given, insights about the community and how people are reacting to the case, etc. I think I learned a lot more about the case from seeing and hearing these subtleties, even if nothing new was shared, so I thought it was worthwhile. MOO.

HLN has a couple shortish interviews up, including one with Nate Eaton and Rick Ross, noted cult researcher. Ross makes the same point about AVOW/PAP without naming them, I think it's pretty clear what he means, anyway.

#Idahosiblings hashtag on Twitter

If you had Lori's cell phone and laptop, AC's cell phone and laptop (if he had one), MB's cell phone and laptop, and CD's cell phone and laptop, I think you could go a long way toward solving this. Having Tylee's phone (which they found in HI) and JJ's laptop (? maybe in storage?) would possibly add to incriminating evidence.

Communications in the cloud (even if deleted from a device), phone location GPS, online searches / map searches, e-mail receipts, photos/locations/time stamps, purchases, etc.

Do we know how many of those devices authorities might have?

If you had Lori's cell phone and laptop, AC's cell phone and laptop (if he had one), MB's cell phone and laptop, and CD's cell phone and laptop, I think you could go a long way toward solving this. Having Tylee's phone (which they found in HI) and JJ's laptop (? maybe in storage?) would possibly add to incriminating evidence.

Communications in the cloud (even if deleted from a device), phone location GPS, online searches / map searches, e-mail receipts, photos/locations/time stamps, purchases, etc.

Do we know how many of those devices authorities might have?

You really think JJ had a laptop? I think your point is valid though and I suspect all the electronics they got from Chad's house along with whatever they got serving the search warrants in Hawaii might yield some good data.

Do we know where Chad was when his wife died? WereL they in bed together ? Also , on Dateline , Did any of the adult kids talk ( either Loris or chads) ? Lastly , anyone know how Melanie related to Lori? I know she's a niece but is she a sisters kid , a brothers etc...

Thanks !,

Do we know where Chad was when his wife died? WereL they in bed together ? Also , on Dateline , Did any of the adult kids talk ( either Loris or chads) ? Lastly , anyone know how Melanie related to Lori? I know she's a niece but is she a sisters kid , a brothers etc...

Thanks !,

She's the daughter of Lori's sister who died in '98 or '99 and with whom Lori apparently had a very good relationship with, at least according to what people have said.

Edit: Reponding to the question about how Melanie is related to Lori.

You really think JJ had a laptop? I think your point is valid though and I suspect all the electronics they got from Chad's house along with whatever they got serving the search warrants in Hawaii might yield some good data.
I read a post about 6 threads ago that he either had some kind of device of his own, or had an app on CV's laptop (or device) which they used to "calm him down". Maybe an iPad?

I read a post about 6 threads ago that he either had some kind of device of his own, or had an app on CV's laptop (or device) which they used to "calm him down". Maybe an iPad?

A tablet of some kind is definitely a possibility. There are a lot of cheap tablets (generally android based rather than iPads) that I'm aware of out there that are aimed at fairly young kids. That I could definitely see as a possibility, and I wouldn't rule out an iPad either although I think that is less likely.

Thanks !,
1-2. Chad, presumably, was sleeping in the same bed as Tammy. He mentioned being shocked that he never woke up when Tammy fell or rolled out of bed.

3. I don't know as I haven't seen the Dateline special yet, but from the commentary in this thread during the show no mention was ever made of any of this happening, so I'm going to assume no.

4. Melani is a niece through Lori and Alex' sister who died many years ago when Melani was still a child.

And (I'm on a roll..).. This is kinda gruesome, but could the rear seats of the jeep have been removed to accommodate a couple of bodies in sleeping bags or rugs?

And if LE has that jeep, or could gain access to it, would cadaver dogs help? (wonder if Rexburg PD tried that?)

Eta: the timing would've been about right.. Not long after 9/24

Last edited:
Do we know if LE has AC's gun (the .45 acp), and maybe even the silencer, now that AC's dead? He might've tossed the gun and silencer if it was him in Gilbert, but maybe not.

If they do have it, and if Gilbert PD were able to recover a slug from the shooting attempt on BB, they could see if it matched the handgun.

Plus, since there is a conflict about AC being in two different places at the same time.. If authorities have the handgun, and can prove it was used in Gilbert, can it be checked for DNA (Lori, MB, IP, or somebody we haven't thought of?)

Did we know before Dateline aired that Chad was seen on the video of the storage unit on October 28 just days after Tammy’s funeral? Not just in November with the bikes?
I think I read that Chad moved out of his house in Salem around (or just after) 10/24 because everything reminded him of Tammy (or.. maybe because everything reminded him he just killed Tammy, but I speculate and digress). Anyway, I assumed he then moved into Lori's town home, so I would'nt find it surprising if he was at the storage facility 10/28 (probably not too out in the open..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member