Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Dateline last night, they mentioned that Chad and Lori have purchased plane tickets to Mexico. But they didn't say when the flight was/is supposed to be, and I'm really curious about that. AFAIK they haven't left Kauai.

I have been thinking about the Mexico trip. Sometimes it is hard to put together when something happened based on the order it is presented to us in the media. It would appear these two planned to fly to Mexico after they were stopped by police and the warrants were served. However, I think it is possible that the planned trip to Mexico was made prior to this event and may be one of the reasons the police stopped them when they did, along with serving the court order to show the kids. If so, could there be any legal process by which they would be told not to leave the country at that time? Just thinking...

I'm pretty sure they had that segment last night... At least I remember linking to the story wherein he covered those very topics. It happened while the Dateline special was airing, so maybe you missed it? I'll see if I can't find it...

ETA - found it:

Oh, for crying out loud. I could have been asleep an hour ago but . . reading comprehension. Thank you lol. Jmo.

Question...if one or more of the kids' remains had at one point been in the storage unit (like in a bin), would cadaver dogs be able to pick up on the scent even if they were no longer there? I keep feeling like LE knows more than they are letting on, which is possibly why they don't seem to think the kids could be alive, and possibly that K&L were told something along these lines?

This is a good question, regarding the investigation. The general public can assume or be reassured, that LE and media has more information available that they are not able to share with the public, at this time. The public being informed about this case is important and any information from the public regarding this case is very welcome and helpful to all LE agencies involved with this case.

Well, this doesn’t make me feel better. I’d never heard of Bouknight.

I'd never heard of that case either. Here is the missing child's WS thread (it's very short): MD - MD - Maurice Miles, 18 Months, Baltimore, April 1988
I'm not sure if that Supreme Court ruling could apply to Lori, however, since Bouknight was classified as mildly mentally retarded.

Lori doesn't have that excuse. And Lori has shown she could pass a pysch eval in the past when passing it was a benefit to her. So it seems like comparing apples and oranges to me. MOO.

...Not necessarily correct, you may not fully understand these rural folk...
You are making my point for me. You think I don't understand "these rural folk" without knowing anything about me or anyone else on this forum or what that means to the legal case. Does the FBI or the Fremont County Sheriff or the District Attorney in Idaho or the Chandler, AZ detective do something different because the case might involve "these rural folk"

I have been thinking about the Mexico trip. Sometimes it is hard to put together when something happened based on the order it is presented to us in the media. It would appear these two planned to fly to Mexico after they were stopped by police and the warrants were served. However, I think it is possible that the planned trip to Mexico was made prior to this event and may be one of the reasons the police stopped them when they did, along with serving the court order to show the kids. If so, could there be any legal process by which they would be told not to leave the country at that time? Just thinking...

Good question. If they had flights planned to Mexico, why?

It is interesting, and seems more credible than many other sightings we often hear about.

It reminds me of the case of the girl from CA who was kidnapped by her "uncle," after he had murdered her mother and brother. He took her into the mountains in Idaho, and they were spotted by two couples on horseback. They couples went home and saw the missing girl on the news, believed the girl they saw was her, and they were right. FBI rescued the girl.

Having said that, I doubt the girl in Nashville was Tylee.

You are making my point for me. You think I don't understand "these rural folk" without knowing anything about me or anyone else on this forum or what that means to the legal case. Does the FBI or the Fremont County Sheriff or the District Attorney in Idaho or the Chandler, AZ detective do something different because the case might involve "these rural folk"

I took what WhereIsWaldo was saying to be that there are unique cultural aspects that make what seems normal or abnormal to those not familiar with the area incorrect. I've lived in several places in the US and the "Jello Belt" as someone described the predominantly Mormon area is way different than the suburbs of Chicago or Houston. Even within the area there is a big difference between rural Fremont County and Salt Lake City, even though they have a lot in common culturally because of the normal differences in rural and urban. The area we're focused on for this case has, at least IMO, more unique qualities than most places.

Well, fortunately, I think you do understand the dynamic involved, many others, also. You know, the case in Oregon regarding the refuge was an interesting one. Those involved are well-known to the FBI and others, like SPLC. Whether they connect activities...?

As far as leaving for Mexico, I believe Dateline caught them leaving the hotel and trying to catch the airport shuttle. They only were trying to appear like they were going to the beach. You can see the airport shuttle there on the right and Chad looks at it an mouths “sh#t” as he glances at the shuttle bus. I can also make out a lap top computer and items that are very un-beach like in his canvas bag. This is IMO.
Here’s the video
DATELINE NBC EXCLUSIVE: Friday Special Features Footage of Mother of Missing Idaho Children in Hawaii with New Husband

The FLDS community has a whole other tangent of belief, that is more about polygamy, than about the weird things that Chad, Lori, the traveling conference group, and AVOW is spewing. I personally don’t see the connection.
My link up is their
IMO, any cult is about power and control for the leader. Disparate cults don’t share with each other. Typically a cult leader tries to bring likeminded people from a mainstream belief structure, and redirect them to said leaders personal revelatory tangents. It is isolationary, not cooperative. IMO
My theory isn't based upon their belief system. It is the criminal aspect. I drew lines connecting they ,with utilizing any means to obscure the mystery of the children. The fdls connection was based on the fact there was information they had that tickets to Mexico were purchased and the fact there are various compounds on both sides of the border. And with the ultimate hope in finding these children.

Question...if one or more of the kids' remains had at one point been in the storage unit (like in a bin), would cadaver dogs be able to pick up on the scent even if they were no longer there? I keep feeling like LE knows more than they are letting on, which is possibly why they don't seem to think the kids could be alive, and possibly that K&L were told something along these lines?
I don't know. Based on some information available, theoretically it's possible as cadaver dogs are said to be able to detect the presence of a corpse even it's been removed from the location.

However, I don't know how long removed they're able to detect the presence - 1 hour? 1 day? A week? A month? Also how does the environment affect the dog's capability - I've heard that scent dogs (not cadaver dogs specifically) have a harder time accurately finding/tracking a scent trail through a cityscape as opposed to an open field, for example. If there's a lot of foot traffic in and around the storage unit, would that affect things? And could someone hide/cover the scent with harsh chemicals?

I took what WhereIsWaldo was saying to be that there are unique cultural aspects that make what seems normal or abnormal to those not familiar with the area incorrect. I've lived in several places in the US and the "Jello Belt" as someone described the predominantly Mormon area is way different than the suburbs of Chicago or Houston. Even within the area there is a big difference between rural Fremont County and Salt Lake City, even though they have a lot in common culturally because of the normal differences in rural and urban. The area we're focused on for this case has, at least IMO, more unique qualities than most places.

Thank you and yes, big differences. Without sharing too much personally, I grew up in rural areas of eastern Oregon, north Idaho and southern Idaho. Think maybe Ruby Ridge...family members personally knew some involved. Right or wrong, when you live in these rural areas, you depend on each other not LE or government. A lot has changed over time but distrust of government lingers. It is not necessarily a religious thing but in these rural communities, they trust each other more than outsiders including government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220