Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if you've already been asked this before, but I didn't realize that you were a former AVOWer until reading this. Do you have an idea if the number of $30k that Chad stated that he earns per month (as he listed on the rental application in Kauai) could possibly be accurate based on what you've seen?
I honestly have no clue. I left AVOW several years ago when his author friend first started getting her traction there. I tried to raise some red flags about her account/story and the bigwigs there didn't take kindly to it. I do know Chad helped take over publishing the GRI in late 2015. I don't know if he receives royalties or a kickback for his part, but if so I'd expect it to be decent. I can't remember if his books were sold or promoted there, but it wouldn't surprise me and that would be additional funds. I know his author friend was definitely promoted and her books were sold there, and as her publisher he would have seen income from that. Still, I haven't a clue what his real income would be from his association with AVOW.

How would she be "filtered in" to a FLDS community? And she is considered legally marriageable by IDAHO laws at 17, there would be no need to filter her into anything. As far as I can tell FLDS aren't getting married at all right now because their leader Warren Jeffs is in jail and demanded they not marry. So they are not going to filter in any outsiders to get married if they can't even get married.

omgoodness. I guess we have to say this is MOO (meaning you)...but oh how I Thank you for this raw honesty... I have always felt these "cult" things have been just as you have stated....but for some reason I have felt that even though they are considered "fringe" and "extreme" LDS they were somehow accepted by LDS. I am truly grateful to your outright denial of their work, efforts and goals. I would believe that most LDS folks would not buy into all this, but I truly truly hope more and more might be influenced not to do so...even if it is because of the notoriety of this case that dissuades them. We have been "trying to understand" how this doomsday belief activity influences our Main Characters............but your words really help explain how horrible these cult activities, wherever they are, influence any group of people......Matthew 6:24. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

It’s remarks like this that should encourage an official statement from the Church, regarding false prophets. Waiting?
I was going to quote some posts but I don't want this to come off as a bash against anyone in particular.

I feel like people are focusing too much on Idaho being rural, western, conservative, libertarian, below mean US income, "podunk", full of LDS members, and all the other generalizations I read here. This case has nothing to do with any one state. There are LE agencies at the federal, state, county, and local level in Arizona, Idaho, Utah, Hawaii, and likely more working these cases. There are small town police, rural sheriffs, big city detectives, DAs, coroners, Medical Examiners, and more working these cases.

Everything would be the same if the kids disappeared in Los Angeles or Chicago or in your town. No kids, no proof of crime, no charges. In this instance it seems to be related to a cult related to the area but next year it will be a different cult, different state. Let's not blame the region or the people in that region, let's blame the people that committed these crimes.

MOO

Not necessarily correct, you may not fully understand these rural folk. I grew up in these areas. Yes, probably anti-government. Almost, a given. Not surprising that many “Patriot” groups listed with SPLC are probably also tracked by FBI. But, since I have often worked with LE in these rural states, including Idaho, I have faith they will remember the oath they all took.

I honestly have no clue. I left AVOW several years ago when his author friend first started getting her traction there. I tried to raise some red flags about her account/story and the bigwigs there didn't take kindly to it. I do know Chad helped take over publishing the GRI in late 2015. I don't know if he receives royalties or a kickback for his part, but if so I'd expect it to be decent. I can't remember if his books were sold or promoted there, but it wouldn't surprise me and that would be additional funds. I know his author friend was definitely promoted and her books were sold there, and as her publisher he would have seen income from that. Still, I haven't a clue what his real income would be from his association with AVOW.

Thank you for answering! That is interesting.

No church should be expected to issue statements all the time. There are people out of bounds, all over the world, from every established religion and denomination. Jmo.
Many weeks ago, we had a discussion on whether the church should make a statement, so members wouldn't be tricked into harboring them. At that time, I thought an official statement should be made, but at this point, I think it's pretty clear to everyone that these two are just on their own crazy train and nowhere close to blending in or fooling mainstream LDS believers. I do hope the bishop of the ward they have been attending watched Dateline though.moo.

I think their beliefs are key, but not the LDS part. I also think AVOW is extremely important.

I have been digging into some stuff on the sidelines and have found a lot of strange coincidences related to people who have not even been mentioned here. Unfortunately I can't post any of it here. I personally think IP, MBP, and ZP are important.

I asked many threads ago if there are others in the local area (Idaho) who have kind of dropped out of society starting last summer. I've actually found one or two that have not even been mentioned on here. It's all so very strange.

Well, one solution to this would be to fork the information you have found about IP, ZP, etc. over into the hands of Justin Lum, Nate Eaton, etc.; with the hope that it eventually becomes "mainstream media".

The worst case scenario I see in this is, you're handing the press information they already have; and better safe than sorry, right?

AVOW bills itself as a place for people to share and discuss a lot of interesting topics - many perfectly fine and wholesome. Many people, myself included, joined to learn and share with others in these wide ranging subjects in a relatively safe environment (it's moderated and admittedly the paywall helps keep trolls down). There is a wide range of beliefs, and not everyone shares the same beliefs.

However, one of the biggest beliefs pushed on that site is a belief that the world is going to heck in a hand basket and you need to prepare to make sure you and yours can survive the coming apocalypse, including having to flee to tent cities or places of refuge up in the mountains.

IMO, this would be the primary tipping point where those in charge start looking at AVOW/PAP as "a cult" - that marker being, an inappropriate and outsized obsession with the "End of Days". It's a widely accepted marker.

It's not the preparedness/hoarding, it's not the precautions - it's the reasons behind the hoarding and precautions that are called into question.

It's one thing to be afraid that the Chinese are going to invade America some day.

It may be delusional - it's not necessary culty.

It's quite another thing to be afraid that the Chinese are going to invade America within the next 10 years at one or two specified date markers, and that the head of the Chinese military at that time will be the Antichrist, or w/e.

Many weeks ago, we had a discussion on whether the church should make a statement, so members wouldn't be tricked into harboring them. At that time, I thought an official statement should be made, but at this point, I think it's pretty clear to everyone that these two are just on their own crazy train and nowhere close to blending in or fooling mainstream LDS believers. I do hope the bishop of the ward they have been attending watched Dateline though.moo.

Can you believe it's been weeks already? :( jmo

Please excuse my term,'filtered in',for a lack of a better term. I should have said , stashed there . I am aware as are many others that Warren Jeff's still has influence among followers from his cell. But there are others groups also.
Please excuse my lack of a better term.

Welcome aboard. :)

Bbm
That's what is known as a "jack mormon". I think in some ways they are given more leeway than people like Chad, because they aren't usually put in leadership positions. This thing with the podcast and fringe groups and "special gifts" etc is a new layer, where they are kind of straddling two different sources to feed their narcissism and delusions. Moo.

I think your answer is kind of right. :) I'm not sure I'd say a jack Mormon "still sort of wants to be a believer." In some cases, sure. So technically your answer is right. But it could also mean that they are no longer a believer, but (as I put it personally for around 40 years) "if they want to use my name to inflate their membership counts, I don't really care." I didn't believe. I couldn't picture ever going back. But I identified as a Jack Mormon. I eventually reached a point where they crossed the line such that I was no longer willing to let them use my name to inflate their membership counts and took care of that. But my overall attitude or belief didn't really change that much.

MOO

Last edited:
I think your answer is kind of right. :) I'm not sure I'd say a jack Mormon "still sort of wants to be a believer." In some cases, sure. So technically your answer is right. But it could also mean that they are no longer a believer, but (as I put it personally for around 40 years) "if they want to use my name to inflate their membership counts, I didn't really care. I didn't believe. I couldn't picture ever going back. But I identified as a Jack Mormon. I eventually reached a point where they crossed the line such that I was no longer willing to let them use my name to inflate their membership counts and took care of that. But my overall attitude or belief didn't really change that much.

MOO
Well in this case, I was thinking earlier on for Lori, with her style of dress and bouncing between husbands, and no one really critiquing or correcting her choices so she'd be more in line with LDS values.
But more germane to the case, as far as them going to the ward in Hawaii, even though they both probably feel they've outgrown or surpassed even the highest leadership, that is where they are comfortable. LDS culture is strong; even with me being self-excommunicted over 20 years ago, I feel pretty comfortable in a chapel. I know what the relief society room and cultural hall are for. So they might just want to feel a little sense if that identity, instead of being ostracized everywhere. Even though they think otherwise, they are still just people. Moo.

Seeking some clarity...
I thought two the timelines indicate that CD was excommunicated, yet, the church wouldn’t confirm or deny.

As he is going to church does it give us any insight into him being excommunicated or not? Would transferring or not transferring records have any impact on this process?

May have already been answered, but the Daily Mail claimed he had been excommunicated, but for anyone even mildly in tune with how that process works and how things came down it was almost surely not true. I think the timeline might have had the Daily Mail's claim, but then it was removed when others more expert indicated it was probably not true. (The Daily Mail isn't especially reputable.)

Well in this case, I was thinking earlier on for Lori, with her style of dress and bouncing between husbands, and no one really critiquing or correcting her choices so she'd be more in line with LDS values.
But more germane to the case, as far as them going to the ward in Hawaii, even though they both probably feel they've outgrown or surpassed even the highest leadership, that is where they are comfortable. LDS culture is strong; even with me being self-excommunicted over 20 years ago, I feel pretty comfortable in a chapel. I know what the relief society room and cultural hall are for. So they might just want to feel a little sense if that identity, instead of being ostracized everywhere. Even though they think otherwise, they are still just people. Moo.

I understand what you're saying and agree. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member