Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is probably different in this radical sect that they are a part of but in the LDS church, divorce is highly frowned upon, and marriages take place in the temple - and only active members of a certain age etc. are allowed to be there. They generally hold a reception afterwards. The husband and wife are "sealed" in the temple in a secret ceremony of some sort (I'm not Mormom so I've never been allowed to see one). This sealing ensures that your spouse and children are connected to you for lack of a better word and that 'families are forever' (a popular phrase in the LDS church) which means that when you die, you and your family will essentially have your own planet in the celestial kingdom. Read more here: Mormon temple sealing
I have no idea how closely related this anti-gov group is to actual Mormons, if at all. I imagine Mormons will take steps to disassociate themselves with the cult/agency in the near future, particularly if it is on a govt database for non state actors and groups,

It is probably different in this radical sect that they are a part of but in the LDS church, divorce is highly frowned upon, and marriages take place in the temple - and only active members of a certain age etc. are allowed to be there. They generally hold a reception afterwards. The husband and wife are "sealed" in the temple in a secret ceremony of some sort (I'm not Mormom so I've never been allowed to see one). This sealing ensures that your spouse and children are connected to you for lack of a better word and that 'families are forever' (a popular phrase in the LDS church) which means that when you die, you and your family will essentially have your own planet in the celestial kingdom. Read more here: Mormon temple sealing
Kind of scary for some folks if they're stuck on a promised planet with folks they've been avoiding most of their lives.

I try to be respectful of everyone's beliefs (except for satan worshippers) but this belief, um, to me is way out there- like someone's dream from a drug induced haze or something.

Still catching up. Is this group based on Gilbert, AZ? I don't need links or anything. A yes or no works fine. :)
I am not sure but there seems to be a lot of people In this area involved with it and these anti Mormon groups are usually big In A place like this were there are lots of memvers. Vallow and daybell are exvommuncated from the LDS church from my understanding

I have no idea how closely related this anti-gov group is to actual Mormons, if at all. I imagine Mormons will take steps to disassociate themselves with the cult/agency in the near future, particularly if it is on a govt database for non state actors and groups,
The people and group are excommunicated LDS. Not members anymore because of these crazy beliefs and their actions that are not what the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints believe.

I don't think she was a practicing Morman so it doesn't really matter but if the rules for annulment are the same as other churches (no consummation of the marriage) she wouldn't qualify. She had children with all 3 former husbands that I have found so far. Which leads me to a new terrifying thought-- I hope she is not pregnant with Chad's baby. She's 46 so it may be a slim chance but not impossible... MOO.
Lori and Chad are excommunicated from the church

I'm just here to clear up some of the confusion about the religious beliefs. I'm a lifelong Mormon and I live in Utah, although I stopped believing and practicing several years ago. My Mormon "credentials" include serving as a full-time church missionary for two-years, serving in various callings in the church, and getting married in the temple (which I will talk about below).
Idk about this particular “group” if there is such a group or just a few individuals who may follow Chad’s beliefs. However; there are several fundamentalist groups in northern Arizona and I think (not sure) South Utah.
JMO but I see this more as a select very few who may follow Chad’s beliefs and not convinced they would have many places to hide. After all, we still have not been given any vehicle descriptions.
The fundamentalist groups you mention here are polygamist sects like the FLDS. It seems unlikely that Chad and Lori were part of such a group (why kill your wife when you can marry more than one?).
Likewise, these are FLDS groups and probably not related.
Thank you! I know how much LDS hates being linked to FLDS, but wasn’t sure if they were similar to the FLDS. My husband was raised LDS in Provo (Mormon capital) and his family practices (he does not).
Mainstream LDS (or members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, headquartered in Salt Lake City - I'll call them MLDS hereafter for brevity) do not like being linked to the FLDS or other polygamist groups, but it is unavoidable as they all trace their roots back to Brigham Young and Joseph Smith who introduced and advanced the practice of polygamy in Mormonism.
Per that DM timeline, does that mean the children weren’t present at Chad and Lori’s wedding? Is that typical for their religion? Did they have a courthouse wedding or a ceremony, do we know? (I haven’t checked to see any corrections they’ve made overnight yet so I may be wrong...)

ETA: were any of Chad and Tammy’s children present for Lori and Chad’s wedding either?
Mormon weddings are complicated. MLDS temple weddings can only be attended by adults who are "worthy" to enter the temple. Chad's children are adults, and presumably could have attended a temple wedding. That said, there is some speculation that Chad had been excommunicated from the MLDS church and therefore would not have been worthy to be married in the temple. Also, temple divorces can take quite a while to complete - several months or longer. I am not sure the circumstances of Lori's marriage to Charles, but assuming they had a temple wedding, she would have had to have it annulled. Chad, on the other hand would not have needed to annul his marriage to Tammy, as in Mormon theology men are able to marry more than one wife (MLDS does not currently practice polygamy in an active sense, but allows it passively especially with widowers).
A Mormon friend once explained to me that Mormons have an annulment process. She completed it following her divorce to enable her to be re-married in a Mormon temple and described the process as taking up to a year and requiring a considerable amount of personal participation.

Though she did not say anything about annulments after two divorces, an annulment declares that a valid marriage did not exist. Therefore, multiple annulments are possible- well, at least in theory.
This is accurate and consistent with my comment above.
This is also accurate. It seems to me that Chad and Lori essentially eloped and did not have a traditional Mormon wedding. It's also possible that their wedding was held in a private setting that only members of their "cult" were able to attend. Some of these new Mormon movements, like the Remnant, have taken to conducting meetings and ceremonies in their own homes and other spaces rather than in MLDS chapels or temples.

Delete by me

Last edited:
Kind of scary for some folks if they're stuck on a promised planet with folks they've been avoiding most of their lives.

I try to be respectful of everyone's beliefs (except for satan worshippers) but this belief, um, to me is way out there- like someone's dream from a drug induced haze or something.
This was kindof my thought. A whole planet just for my family FOREVER? That sounds miserable. I think I am probably missing what goes on on the planet, though, and what the planet is like.

If Chad Daybell really does have a small cult following, then I wonder if he had any contact with the Strack family while they both lived in Springville, Utah.
Police: Strack family's deaths ruled murder-suicides

Their deaths were in September 2014, but it was late January 2015 when the police revealed that the Strack family apparently were gearing up for the apocalypse. Chad Daybell's blog post appears to narrow down their move from Springville to Idaho in April/May 2015. And he was considering the move from January/February.
14- Following the path to . . .Idaho? | cdaybell.com

There was a fair bit of talk connecting the Strack's to Dan Lafferty because the mother Kristi had visited Dan in prison years earlier. But that contact ended in 2008. Dan is serving a life sentence for the murders of his sister-in-law Brenda and her baby daughter in 1984. His brother Ron is on death row for the same murders.
Utah parents who killed selves, children feared apocalypse
"Investigators do not believe the couple's beliefs came from Dan Lafferty"

I'm going to put the Boudreaux attempted shooting in one corner and known FACTS in another for now. I'm a little suspicious of someone being 'in hiding' yet putting up a long public FB post about getting shot at and then going on the news.

IMO.
This shooting really did happen here in Gilbert. His ex-wife is part of the cult Lori got her into and came home and said she had a vision the Lord told her to leave her husband Brandon is what I've been told etc.... she is the cousin to Lori. I heard about this story and I heard about the shooting in Chandler and I heard about the missing kids. We are all just realizing it is all connected. I heard about each thing separately. it wasn't until sat night I put it all together. There seems to be a lot of secrecy in the family. Because the only people talking is Brandon and the Vallow Grandparents. Why aren't the other family members throwing tables and chairs to find these kids. It reminds me of the Cassie and Roland Jones case 2 years ago in AZ. The reason they don't throw tables and chairs is because they know exactly where they are. I found the address to the Brother Chad Ryan in Kansas that Tylee send money to on Venmo. I posted the link and the address on a FB either law informant or news and a family member got really mad at me. "Well then why isn't Chad talking" Us regular people who care about kids spend time sleuthing hoping to help. If that upsets them so be it. Then just tell police where they are your address is public record. UGH!

It looks like nobody answered this yet--I presume something along those lines is why there hasn't been any news. Toxicology screening has taken about a month in other cases I've seen. But LE is being pretty tight lipped about her autopsy and about the brother's death. There are some rumors but not much in the media.

I can't find for sure whether there was an autopsy when she died. One article mentioned there was, but the article seems to have been "updated" and some of the information is gone. Nothing else mentions it either way. In most jurisdictions, an unexpected death of a previously healthy person is an automatic autopsy, but they don't always do the more extensive toxicology screening if there's no reason to suspect drugs, meds, or poison.

I swear I read somewhere that initially the medical examiner only spent 4 hours with Tammy, then after she was exhumed it was a 3 day autopsy. Now I’m going to be looking for that article the rest of the day.

Do we know where Lori was when Tammy died? I'm starting to think she's the problem, here. Is it possible she was at their house and hightailed it out of there? JMO
Seems like Rexburg, the kids taken out of school in Sept. They were in the apt and married at 565 Pioneer road Rexburg until Nov when Police got he search warrant.

A Mormon friend once explained to me that Mormons have an annulment process. She completed it following her divorce to enable her to be re-married in a Mormon temple and described the process as taking up to a year and requiring a considerable amount of personal participation.

Though she did not say anything about annulments after two divorces, an annulment declares that a valid marriage did not exist. Therefore, multiple annulments are possible- well, at least in theory.

Lori and Chad would not have been married in the Temple they are both excommunicated. You have to be a member living the commandments and be able to meet with your Bishop and receive a Temple recommend. There must be a marriage lic or cert somewhere to show when and where they got married. I will try and find one

I just wanted to add that AVOW is not the only group, nor is it the “cult” that Lori’s family are referring to with a base in Arizona. The Arizona based group is called Preparing a People.

Yes Chad was heavily involved in AVOW, but AVOW isn’t the one shutting down its website and deleting podcasts. It seems this other group has quite a bit to hide.

This is my first time posting, so I hope I’m doing it right!
This! There are some very interesting episode descriptions, where Lori speaks and also Chad Daybell speaks. I found a link to the descriptions, but I cannot listen to any of the episodes. The dates are also very interesting.
All episodes of Preparing A People Podcast Network
8/22/2019 Feel the Fire Ep. 1 "& Lori Vallow team up sharing how some of the most extreme types of challenges helped them find miracles in the reality of our Best Friend and lover of our souls: Jesus Christ. How did they experience from one extreme to another?"
9/7/2019 Feel the Fire Ep. 2 "Lori is so descriptive with ways that "fire" can feel to all of us, and how that has manifest in her life. She speaks from great conviction and experience that we all can learn from."
9/16/2019 Feel the Fire Ep.3 "Emerging from a Spring and Summer break, Chad Daybell joins Lori to share things he has been shown about the Savior of the World with insights from 2 Near-Death Experiences and a visionary gift that was opened up to him because of his visits "Beyond the Veil."

Then there is a long break and there isn't an Podcast update till 11/29/2019 but this update is with a completely different podcastor and the description does not mention Lori or Chad.

I think there is some very interesting information in those podcasts, but they seem to have been deleted.

I swear I read somewhere that initially the medical examiner only spent 4 hours with Tammy, then after she was exhumed it was a 3 day autopsy. Now I’m going to be looking for that article the rest of the day.

I actually found it. It was a reporter on Twitter. I did get the information wrong, the 4 hours is actually correct, however I think at the end of the tweet he is referring to it taking 30 days for results of the autopsy that was done in December. Maybe that’s where I got my 3 days. Who knows..... I’ve taken in so much information it’s insane.

Adam Herbets on Twitter

Yes when members start to publicly post, speak out or convince others against the church or live outside of the covenants they have made, like affairs, immoral acts, abuse, just to name a few, they would be excommunicated. Not as a punishment of sorts, but to protect the name of the Church. We teach and try and live as we are taught, and when we make bad choices we can repent and change our ways. But in this case, they were probably defiant, an just like we see now, its confusing to people outside our church when people like them connect this craziness to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We don't believe what they are selling. So they can go their way, but then they are excommunicated. Everyone has a chance to repent and be re-baptized but it is a very long process and repentance also requires humility. Something it doesn't appear these two had. You have to be pretty narcissistic to claim what They are claiming. I've listen to some of their stuff, not much but the stuff I have is.. EWE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange