ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going to have to talk to me like you're a Kindergarten teacher, because I see that the photo was taken a month before disappearance, but not that "it was the most recent photo yet." Those two things don't mean the same thing.

I did notice that there is a "Fruitland Police" label on the new picture. Does that mean someone other than parents gave them the photo? idk
All we know is that it’s the most recent photo released by Fruitland PD. It might mean nothing that the first photos were dated. It might mean something. With so little info, we are just talking about this.

You're going to have to talk to me like you're a Kindergarten teacher, because I see that the photo was taken a month before disappearance, but not that "it was the most recent photo yet." Those two things don't mean the same thing.

I did notice that there is a "Fruitland Police" label on the new picture. Does that mean someone other than parents gave them the photo? idk
This thread is giving me a headache.

Thanks. I see that it is the most recent photo released by the FPD.
Sorry to be obtuse; are there dates on the first photos?

All we know is that it’s the most recent photo released by Fruitland PD. It might mean nothing that the first photos were dated. It might mean something. With so little info, we are just talking about this.

Post#1 says “Michael was last seen on foot”
Who saw Michael? Who did observer report it to? Is it on camera? What was Michael doing? Who was with Michael? What direction did observer of Michael see him go? Was he upset? Was he playing? Was there more than one observer?

The only thing keeping me from asking how long this child was actually gone before being reported missing, is the very tight timeframe (last sighting) that LE is giving. Everything else, like the odd “notified” wording they keep using, suggests that it could be another case of a child being gone for weeks or months before somebody outside the immediate family got around to “notifying” LE that something is iffy. If it turns out that the last sighting was by some random neighbor with poor eyesight...

Interesting thought. It seems from news articles that the Michael lives with his parents and his grandfather and perhaps other siblings: Community to gather to search for Fruitland boy | ktvb.com

And also has a child care worker regularly involved in his life: Prayer circle held for missing Fruitland boy as search continues

So that's a lot of people to keep a secret about how long he has actually been missing, if it's not what was reported to LE. But, not impossible.

Thanks. I can see where it could be interpreted that this photo is more recent than the first photo. It certainly is a better photo.

Oh! DATED! Duh ! As in, older. The first photos were older. I thought you meant they actually had dates on them.

Someone's going to revoke my WS card if I keep this up!o_O

Not that I recall. This is the first time I have seen it reported that the first photos were dated and we are now getting more recent photo that is about a month prior to him being reported missing.
Police release more recent photo of missing boy from Fruitland

*No new news so far. Posting as reminder to folks out there who read WS. I’ll just bet there are a lot of people who want the facts and an interesting discussion that tune in here in lieu of the news.

Despite the exhaustive search, authorities don’t yet know what became of the child, and no possibility has been ruled out of the investigation, Huff said during a news conference Wednesday.

“Children move around and they wander. They may have traveled back into your yard without your knowledge,” Huff said, encouraging anyone with information to come forward.

He added: “Maybe you are even afraid to reach out to us. We are here, we want to listen to what you have to say.”
Idaho boy still missing despite exhaustive search

“We take care of one another and we're all in this together," Huff said. "We're committed to finding Michael and we're not going to leave any stones unturned.”
https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/northwest/idaho/article253268408.html

*older article
A grid search of Fruitland two days after Michael disappeared included aircraft, drones and canines that “completely” covered the city and its surrounding areas, but led to no break in the case. bbm

We also ask residents [to] review any security camera footage or sign of a small child in the area.”
Idaho cops search for missing 5-year-old boy Michael Joseph Vaughan
*Does anyone know if there is an anonymous tip line?

In my opinion, but I am not following every detail, it sounds like he was allowed to roam and play outside in his neighborhood, and maybe his parents realize he was unsupervised for too long.
They may just be overwhelmed with feelings of guilt, shock, stress, denial, hope - all that we all would be feeling. It must be crushing.
In every case, there are people saying "something isn't right with this one," regardless of the scenario.

In my opinion, but I am not following every detail, it sounds like he was allowed to roam and play outside in his neighborhood, and maybe his parents realize he was unsupervised for too long.
They may just be overwhelmed with feelings of guilt, shock, stress, denial, hope - all that we all would be feeling. It must be crushing.
In every case, there are people saying "something isn't right with this one," regardless of the scenario.
Your scenario fits. Thanks. I’ve thought about the same thing. If all we’ve heard from the parents themselves is true and I think it is. Maybe that’s why there are little details of the last time his parents were with him. I know from experience that guilt is an emotion that we can never escape from. It just lives with you rent free. In your head. In your heart. In your soul. It goes everywhere with you. You can’t leave it at home, lock it in a closet or throw it away. The only emotion more unbearable is Shame ~ which usually hangs out with Guilt. If this is indeed what happened; then I hope whomever they pray to will answer with wisdom and grace.

Chief Huff said they’re not ruling anything out in Michael’s disappearance. So… what other possibilities are there?

I keep going back to how far Michael could have traveled in the time he left the home and when his family noticed he was missing. Something we do in SAR is draw a circle around the place last seen. That circle size is based on how far the subject could have traveled in that time frame. Helps us focus on the area of highest probability. I have this nagging feeling that there is something critical we don't know.

I keep going back to how far Michael could have traveled in the time he left the home and when his family noticed he was missing. Something we do in SAR is draw a circle around the place last seen. That circle size is based on how far the subject could have traveled in that time frame. Helps us focus on the area of highest probability. I have this nagging feeling that there is something critical we don't know.
Michael was last seen in the area of SW 9th St. and South Arizona Avenue in Fruitlandat about 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. on July 27. *what time does it start getting dark up yonder?
Google Maps

I read somewhere that a general math rule is that children can usually walk approx 1/2 mile for every year of their age.
5 x 1/2 mile=2.5 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member