ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That jumped out at me too from the preview of the News Nation Now story. I like what I have seen and I am so thankful to have this reporter on the case asking questions!

My takeaways from the preview:
  1. Reporter says Monkey went looking for older kids to play with.
    • (I’m assuming this is moms conclusion based on what she heard about neighbor sightings)
  2. Monkey’s mom says he must have gone out garage side door, because front door is hard to open and would make too much noise/ be noticed.
    • For Monkey to slip out of that small house without dad or two older siblings noticing (or the younger) does seem to go against the odds. Good to have an explanation.
    • I’m not getting “pre-splaining” vibes here, but I do want to flag the possibility…. (Eg Pre splaining how he got out, pre splaining why not caught on camera or seen by sibling)
  3. Mom believes Vaughan and the family were being watched by someone and also thinks her son is alive.
    • I hope we get to hear more about why she believes both of these theories in the full report tonight!
  4. The reporter says there is “a probability” of abduction.
    • I REALLY like that she was precise in her wording instead of sensationalizing Chief Huff’s comments like other news outlets did.
    • Huff did not say that Monkey was probably abducted. He said there was an “increased probability”. Increased from what to what? We don’t know.
  5. Reporter says police wouldn’t talk “on camera”.
    • I really hope that means she was able to probe him a bit off the record and is using any insights to influence her reporting. Moo

Last edited:
I think the former FBI agent's comments about an AMBER alert were interesting.

"...there is nothing that will be desensitized and, in fact, it actually is the exact reason why an AMBER alert was created, this sort of case."

There is a Change.org petition to get an AMBER alert issued for Michael, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post that here. The last I saw, it was up to 2,000 signatures.

I think there probably should have been an Amber Alert for Michael when he first went missing or the following day when he still wasn’t found. It seems like the perfect case for that kind of discretion.

Supposedly he was seen walking in his neighborhood. Then he disappears. A reasonable assumption that abduction is a possibility.

If you use that discretion for every 13 year old who doesn’t come home, you will quickly erode the potency of the alerts. But a 5 year old is different. Moo

As for now, I suspect police have enough evidence to suggest an AA would not be helpful. But if they don’t, they should put it out. Moo

If you don't want to read this entire post we are having a fundraiser for our volunteer mods. Please use this link to donate paypal.me/forthemods )

Words cannot adequately express how much the moderators mean to Websleuths and to me personally.

The amount of hard work they do behind the scenes would truly shock you.
The mods volunteer their time to make sure Websleuths standards are upheld so Websleuths remains the most respected discussion forum on the web.

It is time for our yearly fundraiser for the wonderful people known as the mods who donate so much of their lives to Websleuths.

Please know that you are under no obligation to make a donation.
We ask that only those who can truly afford to donate do so.

We offer one way to make donations and that is through PayPal. Here is the link. Even a dollar will make a difference.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
When the fundraiser is over (two weeks from now) SillyBilly and I will distribute the money to the mods.

If you would like to leave a comment of support for the mods please do so on this thread.

If I could yell this from the mountain tops to the world I would. From my heart and soul thank you so very much to the mods who make such a difference on Websleuths. Thank you very much.

Much Love,
Tricia

I think I'm beyond the point of tears in this case. I've cried a LOT for Michael. I have a little boy with a wild spirit who I've spoiled and snuggled even more since hearing about Michael. I cannot imagine the unknown that Michael's mom faces everyday. Her boy's whereabouts, if his needs are met, if he's experienced any joy in the last 4.5 months, or if he's even alive. Those thoughts must haunt her, and I just can't wrap my mind around that. I can't even try. It gets too painful and I have to think of something else.

But lately I've been more angry than sad. Angry at all of the adults who could have prevented this, angry at whoever did this, angry at law enforcement for not giving enough details or issuing an AMBER alert or finding him by now, angry at my friends on social media who don't share missing children posts, angry that Michael's story isn't as publicized and mainstream as it deserves - as every missing person deserves. It all just angers me so much, and I know a lot of that anger isn't logical or appropriate. I know that so many people are doing the absolute best they can, have been from the beginning, but it's taking such an enormous emotional toll on people. I get it.

I just wish he could come home. I wish they would find him. I wish I could somehow know for sure that he's okay and he will be found. I have hope. But it's hard. It's so hard.

I'm not working for the next few weeks, and I wish there was more I could do to help. It's difficult to helplessly watch the days go by while he stays missing. This poor baby. Find him already.

I think I'm beyond the point of tears in this case. I've cried a LOT for Michael. I have a little boy with a wild spirit who I've spoiled and snuggled even more since hearing about Michael. I cannot imagine the unknown that Michael's mom faces everyday. Her boy's whereabouts, if his needs are met, if he's experienced any joy in the last 4.5 months, or if he's even alive. Those thoughts must haunt her, and I just can't wrap my mind around that. I can't even try. It gets too painful and I have to think of something else.

But lately I've been more angry than sad. Angry at all of the adults who could have prevented this, angry at whoever did this, angry at law enforcement for not giving enough details or issuing an AMBER alert or finding him by now, angry at my friends on social media who don't share missing children posts, angry that Michael's story isn't as publicized and mainstream as it deserves - as every missing person deserves. It all just angers me so much, and I know a lot of that anger isn't logical or appropriate. I know that so many people are doing the absolute best they can, have been from the beginning, but it's taking such an enormous emotional toll on people. I get it.

I just wish he could come home. I wish they would find him. I wish I could somehow know for sure that he's okay and he will be found. I have hope. But it's hard. It's so hard.

I'm not working for the next few weeks, and I wish there was more I could do to help. It's difficult to helplessly watch the days go by while he stays missing. This poor baby. Find him already.

Good post @MJVaughans Army.
Some cases really weigh on our heart. {{{hugs}}}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members