ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I appreciate the info about harvesting machines (I learn so much here!) and it could very well be the reality here, It breaks my heart to think of this scenario. Lost in a field, passes and then a huge farm machine. How tragic that would be for his family. moo

I wish there was a lot more national media focus on this case.
I work in PR. The family says they want more media, but if so, they really need to push for that and do interviews. Even a really good PR person cannot get much more attention on this story without anyone willing to do interviews. If they had a family member (best if parents, but could do grandparent, aunt) willing to go on tv, the Gabby Petito national story is a perfect opening to push for more national attention on missing Michael. Moo

I work in PR. The family says they want more media, but if so, they really need to push for that and do interviews. Even a really good PR person cannot get much more attention on this story without anyone willing to do interviews. If they had a family member (best if parents, but could do grandparent, aunt) willing to go on tv, the Gabby Petito national story is a perfect opening to push for more national attention on missing Michael. Moo
I'm starting to think this way too now. Especially watching how Gabby's case is unfolding.

I can only hope it's a strategic move on LE's part. Then again if they are looking for someone in the neighbourhood then surely exposure wouldn't be a bad thing? Puts the pressure on I would think.

It's a double edged sword. Doing nothing does not help find Michael, all over the national news runs the risk of causing an abduction actor to "dispose of the evidence" if Michael is still alive and could be recognized by the public at large. Not knowing what LE has and which direction the case is going makes it difficult to know the best course of action.

While I appreciate the info about harvesting machines (I learn so much here!) and it could very well be the reality here, It breaks my heart to think of this scenario. Lost in a field, passes and then a huge farm machine. How tragic that would be for his family. moo

A small body, or a small animal, dog size, would choke a harvesting machine, whoever was operating it would know about it IMO, Usually they'd be a big thump. Most animals run out of the way, if alive, when harvesting takes place, but it's not unusual to see bits of decomposed mice in straw/ hay bales.

Xavior has now been found (subject to formal identification) in a field. I thought I was reading Monkey’s case when I read it, but fingers crossed he too will be found soon.
I thought I was on this thread and was super excited that Michael had been found, too. But I was on the wrong thread. I am relieved that Xavior has been found, hopefully Michael is found soon.

Finally some new leads to discuss!
Fruitland Police asking for help identifying several people in the search for Michael Vaughan
https://www.kivitv.com/news/fruitla...eral-people-in-the-search-for-michael-vaughan

excerpts:
The department is asking for help in identifying the driver of a 2016-2020 white Honda Pilot seen leaving the area of SW 8th Street around 6:47 on July 27. They are also looking to identify the driver of a 2010-2011 blue Dodge Avenger also seen leaving the same area, but turned right and headed south of S. Whitley Drive.

Fruitland Police Department

Fruitland Police also say there were two people seen near the splash pad/Crestview Park the evening Michael went missing.

One of the people was an adult man with dark hair and facial hair, wearing dark-colored shorts, no shirt. The man was seen jogging on the sidewalk of SW 8th Street near the park at around 6:15 p.m.

The second person was also an adult man with dark hair, wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts seen walking off of SW 8th Street, into the park area, past the splash pad and towards the lower drainage behind the neighborhoods.

Fruitland Police says these people are not suspects or persons of interest, but it's important to talk to them …

Finally some new leads to discuss!
Fruitland Police asking for help identifying several people in the search for Michael Vaughan
https://www.kivitv.com/news/fruitla...eral-people-in-the-search-for-michael-vaughan

excerpts:
The department is asking for help in identifying the driver of a 2016-2020 white Honda Pilot seen leaving the area of SW 8th Street around 6:47 on July 27. They are also looking to identify the driver of a 2010-2011 blue Dodge Avenger also seen leaving the same area, but turned right and headed south of S. Whitley Drive.

Fruitland Police also say there were two people seen near the splash pad/Crestview Park the evening Michael went missing.

One of the people was an adult man with dark hair and facial hair, wearing dark-colored shorts, no shirt. The man was seen jogging on the sidewalk of SW 8th Street near the park at around 6:15 p.m.

The second person was also an adult man with dark hair, wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts seen walking off of SW 8th Street, into the park area, past the splash pad and towards the lower drainage behind the neighborhoods.

Fruitland Police says these people are not suspects or persons of interest, but it's important to talk to them …

Ugh. Several cases I’ve followed where police eventually ask for the public’s help to identify a car - turns into a cold case. Missy Bevers, Libby and Abby, Kathy and Samantha Netherland. I hope this time is different.

Ugh. Several cases I’ve followed where police eventually ask for the public’s help to identify a car - turns into a cold case. Missy Bevers, Libby and Abby, Kathy and Samantha Netherland. I hope this time is different.
Here is my frustration with the delayed request. 3 months have passed, people move, people die, people buy/sell/wreck cars.

Hypothetically, neighbor down the street had friends over in July, let’s say they had out of town friends over and one drove a rental car. Do you imagine 3 months later the neighbor remembers what car the friends drove? Even seeing the video likely won’t trigger the memory of who was driving the car. Now let’s say one of the two cars being sought actually took Michael, it’s been 3 months. Surely by now if one of the car owners took Michael they’ve disposed of the vehicle.

Why wasn’t this released within days of him going missing? I’m so tired of all the babies going missing.

Practically half of American households with children have a Honda Pilot. The older, boxier versions were at least more distinctive - the newer Pilots like the one here look like several other SUVs, unfortunately. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay