ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t there a better way to search land before digging it up? Ground penetrating radar or cadaver dogs? Even a type of X-ray I think? If he is there, using a huge excavator makes me worry it could damage remains or evidence.

I was thinking the same. Also, is it likely that someone was doing a massive dig in their garden straight after the time poor M went missing and no-one was suspicious? How far deep would one person be able to go on their own in secret, it doesn't seem likely to me but I hope there are answers.

I was thinking the same. Also, is it likely that someone was doing a massive dig in their garden straight after the time poor M went missing and no-one was suspicious? How far deep would one person be able to go on their own in secret, it doesn't seem likely to me but I hope there are answers.

Living in old pier and beam house that is too low to the ground, I can tell you it takes my husband a half hour to dig access for the plumbers. He moves a lot of dirt quickly and quietly. Enough for a large adult to move comfortably under a house that isn't even 10" off the ground.

If there is a dog house, garden table, flatbed trailer, grill, or even just a pile of junk, it could have easily been moved away and moved back. Or remains could have been concealed in the house and placed under a new yard project the following spring without sparking suspicion.

From the live.

Reporter - The update from Chief Huff was that it's his full intention of excavating the entire backyard. He said the backhoe doesn't contaminate anything. They need to get soil out of there, so it's going to scrape layers away until they can get down. Their intention in to go 3 ft deep into the soil. They may not be finished today, but the work is going to continue. He will have further updates at 1:00 o'clock, our time, and he said 'the rumours about the next door neighbours are not accurate and they're being cooperative.' So, they're not a focus of the investigation.

IIRC in one of the past LE pressers; they stated that not everyone had been cooperative in letting them search their home and property.

Maybe they have not been able to establish probable cause for a search until now.

ETA: I did recall correctly. From July, 2022

Police have spent thousands of hours and cleared thousands of community leads in their search. Fruitland Police said there have been some people who were interviewed or searched that have been non-cooperative.

Of course, there are those who insist that you should never talk to LE when questioned. So I guess those folks who were non-cooperative were just following that.

But if a child were missing, and you don't cooperate, that says something negative about you, IMO.

Last edited:
I wonder what time they will resume this morning? With the scooter information - hit and run and buried him in the yard possibly?
I updated his media thread
MOO I don't think was a hit and run.

Hidden: A True Crime Podcast

14m ·

BREAKING: I just got off the phone with Brandi Neal, Monkey’s mom. She tells me they are still digging in a backyard that is a 4 minute walk from her home. She doesn’t know the people who live there. LE just visited and told her not to go over there. “It’s difficult not to,” she tells me.
Through tears she asks the public for prayers for Monkey, for her family, and for law enforcement who are in the “same headspace my husband and I are”. She tells me “We are not OK.”
She doesn’t know anything LE have found yet, but they have informed the family of a viable lead and a search for remains. When she says the word “remains” she starts crying … she says she doesn’t want to say that word. Not yet.
Pray, she asks, to give her family and LE strength. She repeats they are not OK.
She says LE should be addressing the media at 1 pm Mountain time. #BringMonkeyHome #fruitlandIdaho #Monkeyvaughan #brandiNeal

From the live.

Reporter - The update from Chief Huff was that it's his full intention of excavating the entire backyard. He said the backhoe doesn't contaminate anything. They need to get soil out of there, so it's going to scrape layers away until they can get down. Their intention in to go 3 ft deep into the soil. They may not be finished today, but the work is going to continue. He will have further updates at 1:00 o'clock, our time, and he said 'the rumours about the next door neighbours are not accurate and they're being cooperative.' So, they're not a focus of the investigation.
When is LE going to name the couple in custody?!! :confused:

ETA-
Alexandra Duggan@dugganreports
ISP PIO told us he’s going to remind the chief to come talk to us, but that the update will likely come around 4-5 pm. #MichaelVaughan
12:14 PM · Nov 13, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Apologies if I missed anything- Do we know anything more from LE than the fact that a couple lives in the home but they don't own it? We don't even know how long they have been living there, if they have been questioned, released, etc, correct? (They could be innocent new renters for all we know?)

Apologies if I missed anything- Do we know anything more from LE than the fact that a couple lives in the home but they don't own it? We don't even know how long they have been living there, if they have been questioned, released, etc, correct? (They could be innocent new renters for all we know?)
BBM
Or guilty has all get out.
We wait patiently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads