ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if a 5 year old can actually ride a scooter or if it was one appropriate for a 5 year old ? But I'm really thinking he was lured with a scooter since we didn't hear initially from his parents that he likes to ride his scooter or he and his scooter were missing. Unless it's a detail LE decided to keep from the public. Were there any pictures posted of him with a scooter ?

IIRC it's the first we've heard about a scooter being involved -but- yes, certainly 5 year olds do have little scooters deliberately designed for their age group and they love them! Albeit it's quite terrifying to see a tiny child whizzing along a city centre pavement (where I live) :/

"Over the weekend, an excavator and backhoe were spotted by local reporters at the home in the 1100 block of Redwing Street, where most of the backyard had been dug up."

"A dumpster, which was also visible on the property, was roped off by crime tape. Two K-9 dogs were brought in, but there have been no updates on what they may or may not have found."

KTVB TV news, 4:30pm

There was so much in the update!

Huff calls the information that led them to the house — “very credible.”

Chief Huff stated:

"We are feeling really good where we are in the case right now."

"I will comment on, we do have remains dogs on site."

"Dirt is going offsite where it will be processed."

"We will have a whole lot more information to follow."

Last edited:

Ah I see! Very low to the ground and not providing as much flexibility as a scooter or a tricycle with usual height seat. I guess, in a worst case scenario this type of little vehicle is exactly the sort of thing that could whizz out in front of a moving vehicle, someone driving a truck or 4WD could accidentally reverse into or turn a corner and hit without even seeing :( Not making excuses or victim blaming.

Do we think little M had one of these that has been missing all this time?

Ah I see! Very low to the ground and not providing as much flexibility as a scooter or a tricycle with usual height seat. I guess, in a worst case scenario this type of little vehicle is exactly the sort of thing that could whizz out in front of a moving vehicle, someone driving a truck or 4WD could accidentally reverse into or turn a corner and hit without even seeing :( Not making excuses or victim blaming.

No. Not sure where that came from. A "scooter" has been mentioned by a neighbor who said they were asked at some point if they had seen one; not a big wheel.

Just a note on home cameras:
1. The owner can set the viewing parameters: just the immediate front door area, to the sidewalk, across the street, etc.
2. The owner can set the motion parameters. Ex: alert/record only when something bigger than cat appears.
2. The owner can set the recording parameters. Example: record constantly, record every 10 seconds, or record constantly when motion is detected (again, per set parameters) and record every 10 seconds otherwise.

A helpful example: hit & run in front of my house. The birds-eye camera that records constantly (regardless of motion) caught it. The cameras that records every 10 seconds *unless* there’s motion within a few feet of the door/windows did not because it happened in under 10 seconds. No camera got the plate.

The neighbor said "scooter", but he further said "sun-drenched" - as a descriptor.

He's an older guy, so who knows what he means by scooter. That could be his generic term for something a kid rides. When he said sun drenched, that makes me think of something like a Big Wheel/Little Tikes. They do fade/sun bleach over time, in a way that's different from a stand-up scooter. MOO~

I'm old, but I remember when Big Wheels first came out. Kids on them were getting hit by cars left and right. They sit too low for drivers to see. IMO.

Not victim blaming. Just stating a fact from my childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine