ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Innocent until proven guilty...
This gets tossed around a lot but everyone is "presumed" innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, but it has no actual impact on their guilt or innocence. The guilty sometimes go free and the innocent sometimes end up paying for crimes they didn't commit. No one is accusing anyone of anything right now, just saying that silence could be indicative of either innocence or guilt depending on the particulars involved in each case.

This gets tossed around a lot but everyone is "presumed" innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, but it has no actual impact on their guilt or innocence.
(Snipped by me)
Yes, agreed.

I hope the neighborhood arranges to show up at "Monkey's" house every day for a long time to come with meals. No matter what the outcome of this, as they said, they aren't going to be okay.

Just want to say that in case anyone is confused by the times on the linked tweets, unfortunately, they seem to copy over with my time on them (UK) so just minus 7 hours for Idaho. Only just noticed!!

So was LE actually looking for his scooter as well as Michael all this time? Can anyone verify this scooter missing piece. Did parents realize it was gone after taking inventory?
I'm wondering if a 5 year old can actually ride a scooter or if it was one appropriate for a 5 year old ? But I'm really thinking he was lured with a scooter since we didn't hear initially from his parents that he likes to ride his scooter or he and his scooter were missing. Unless it's a detail LE decided to keep from the public. Were there any pictures posted of him with a scooter ?

I'm wondering if a 5 year old can actually ride a scooter or if it was one appropriate for a 5 year old ? But I'm really thinking he was lured with a scooter since we didn't hear initially from his parents that he likes to ride his scooter or he and his scooter were missing. Unless it's a detail LE decided to keep from the public. Were there any pictures posted of him with a scooter ?
Imo. This would be a non motorized scooter . I see three year olds riding these. Like s skateboard.

I'm wondering if a 5 year old can actually ride a scooter

Yes, some preschoolers (even younger than 5) ride scooters and even bicycles like pros. Sometimes the scooters for younger kids have double wheels in the front, making them pretty easy to balance on.
ETA: Agree, non-motorized, but some kids learn to go very fast anyway.

My kids had baby scooters like a tri wheel scooter. All I keep thinking is he was in the road and this is an accident and illegal cover up.

So was LE actually looking for his scooter as well as Michael all this time? Can anyone verify this scooter missing piece. Did parents realize it was gone after taking inventory?
Neighbor makes the scooter statement in video below, start at 1:52.

From Transcript -
on his door and other neighbors in the
1:56
past you know almost immediately I had a
1:58
knock on the door that door that night
1:59
you know I want to you know check her
2:00
backyard check the garage check you know
2:02
to see if there's any way there was