ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The neighbor said "scooter", but he further said "sun-drenched" - as a descriptor.

He's an older guy, so who knows what he means by scooter. That could be his generic term for something a kid rides. When he said sun drenched, that makes me think of something like a Big Wheel/Little Tikes. They do fade/sun bleach over time, in a way that's different from a stand-up scooter. MOO~
Thank you, Knox. That's exactly what I meant and you said it more diplomatically than I would have.

A couple of examples of riding toys for younger kids. Someone might describe something similar to one of these as a scooter.

Attachments

• C2185FA1-3A83-4A00-9F25-A2B40DCC0554.jpeg
    C2185FA1-3A83-4A00-9F25-A2B40DCC0554.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 4D90788D-44D9-4046-928C-CC8CD21837A1.jpeg
    4D90788D-44D9-4046-928C-CC8CD21837A1.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 3
Took a few days away from technology and wake to this, oh my gosh what his poor family must be going through, interested in what made the lead so credible , will have to look into if this house may have sold since he went missing....

Sad doesn't begin to describe my emotions .

"Matthias said Michael’s family members do not know the person whose yard authorities are digging through."

“The couple that lives there, they are both now in custody,” Matthias said.

"According to Matthias, the couple has not been charged in connection with Michael’s disappearance. She says one of them has been behind bars since around May and the other was taken into custody on Friday."

"Police have instructed Brandi not to go over to the yard that is being searched, which is an understandably emotional request for the mother."

Didn't get chance yest. to do the presser.

Brief presser

13th November 2022

Huff - I just wanted to make sure that you guys know how much we appreciate you being here today. Obviously, you know we're continuing the investigation on the missing Michael Vaughan. He's been missing since July 27th of 2021 and the work has not stopped. We've received over 1500 leads. Many of them have been cleared and, obviously, we continue to work those. Recently we came across some very critical information which led us to this house here at 1102 Redwin. We received a search warrant and we started excavating the backyard of this residence, due to the fact that there's potential for Michael's remains to be in this backyard. This is arduous work. It's going to take us a while to get this done, but we're not going to stop, We're pretty confident about the information we received and so we're just going to keep going.

Reporter - Is there a medical examiner on scene right now?

Huff - There is not.

Reporter - Is there anything that you found so far that concerns you? Or is it still just a process?

Huff - Other than utility lines, no.

Reporter - Can you give any information on the homeowners? Or the people living on the property?

Huff - I cannot. This is an ongoing investigation and I'm not going to jeopardise that. We've worked really hard, as you guys know, for well over a year now. I think it's extremely important that the public be patient with us, as we have been patient during this investigation.

Reporter - Also, can you speak on the K-9 dogs out here? Did they alert on anything?

Huff - I'm not going to speak to the indications the dogs may or may not have given us, but I will confirm the fact that we do have remain scent dogs on site and have had.

Reporter - Can you talk about where the dirt's going? Is it going to be analysed?

Huff - The dirt is going to a location off-site where it will be processed.

Reporter - And what has this case been like for the department? Because I know how hard you guys have worked and it seems like, you know, to have something as kind of a lead after a while, has to be, you know, at some point kind of.. getting a little... getting a little closer.

Huff - Yes. I'll just tell you that we're all very emotionally tied to this case, just as our community is. I would tell you, probably the country. It means a lot to us. We're feeling pretty good about where we're at in this case right now and we'll have a lot more information to follow.

Reporter - Are you confident in this backyard? Is this something that you think you'll find answers from?

Huff - You know, I don't know how to answer that. We just have to continue to process this and if it yields, it yields. I guess it's kind of a double edged sword. Do I hope? - not really. I hope that Michael's still alive and we can bring him home safely to his family, but we also know we need to find a resolution to this case and we need to just follow the leads and follow credible information and that's what we continue to do.

Reporter - So, you can't speak to anything about what... like the public (inaudible) that led you here.

Huff - I can't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brief presser

13th July

Huff - I just wanted to make sure that you guys know how much we appreciate you being here today. Obviously, you know we're continuing the investigation on the missing Michael Vaughan. He's been missing since July 27th of 2021 and the work has not stopped. We've received over 1500 leads. Many of them have been cleared and, obviously, we continue to work those. Recently we came across some very critical information which led us to this house here at 1102 Redwin. We received a search warrant and we started excavating the backyard of this residence, due to the fact that there's potential for Michael's remains to be in this backyard. This is arduous work. It's going to take us a while to get this done, but we're not going to stop, We're pretty confident about the information we received and so we're just going to keep going.

Huff - There is not.

Reporter - Is there anything that you found so far that concerns you? Or is it still just a process?

Reporter - Can you give any information on the homeowners? Or the people living on the property?

Huff - I cannot. This is an ongoing investigation and I'm not going to jeopardise that. We've worked really hard, as you guys know, for well over a year now. I think it's extremely important that the public be patient with us, as we have been patient during this investigation.

Reporter - Also, can you speak on the K-9 dogs out here? Did they alert on anything?

Huff - I'm not going to speak to the indications the dogs may or may not have given us, but I will confirm the fact that we do have remain scent dogs on site and have had.

Reporter - Can you talk about where the dirt's going? Is it going to be analysed?

Reporter - And what has this case been like for the department? Because I know how hard you guys have worked and it seems like, you know, to have something as kind of a lead after a while, has to be, you know, at some point kind of.. getting a little... getting a little closer.

Huff - Yes. I'll just tell you that we're all very emotionally tied to this case, just as our community is. I would tell you, probably the country. It means a lot to us. We're feeling pretty good about where we're at in this case right now and we'll have a lot more information to follow.

Reporter - Are you confident in this backyard? Is this something that you think you'll find answers from?

Huff - You know, I don't know how to answer that. We just have to continue to process this and if it yields, it yields. I guess it's kind of a double edged sword. Do I hope? - not really. I hope that Michael's still alive and we can bring him home safely to his family, but we also know we need to find a resolution to this case and we need to just follow the leads and follow credible information and that's what we continue to do.

Reporter - So, you can't speak to anything about what... like the public (inaudible) that led you here.

Huff - I can't.
Thank you!!

Brief presser

13th July

Huff - There is not.

Huff - I can't.
Thank you, should be 13 Nov though. Maybe a mod can edit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member