ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she owns "half of the car" with her Dad?

OK, I've got it! Listened a few times now. So, she doesn't own any land or property (that was the previous question). Then she says 'car, a car, partially a car, but I also don't own the whole thing' Q: meaning you owe money against it to someone? A: 'No, I half own it with my dad'.

OK, I've got it! Listened a few times now. So, she doesn't own any land or property (that was the previous question). Then she says 'car, a car, partially a car, but I also don't own the whole thing' Q: meaning you owe money against it to someone? A: 'No, I half own it with my dad'.
Bravo! Thank you! I was hearing the “I also” part as “a house I”, and it didn’t make sense. Your keen listening clears that up - makes sense now.

Police Update

Update: The Search for Michael Joseph Vaughan.
The search continues for Michael Joseph Vaughan, now age 6. We will not stop searching and investigating his abduction until we find Michael and bring those involved to justice.
Through the course of our investigation, we received credible information that the remains of Michael Vaughan could be found in the backyard of 1102 Redwing Street in Fruitland. As a result, the Fruitland Police Department was granted a search warrant to for the residence along with to include the front and back yards. The search warrant was served on Friday, November 11, in the late evening. Upon entry, officers encountered Sarah Wondra 35, one of the known occupants of the home. Fruitland Police arrested Sarah Wondra 35, as there is probable cause to believe that she had knowledge of Michael’s death and failed to report the death to law enforcement.
The following day, the Fruitland Police Department joined by the Idaho State Police, Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue, Fruitland Fire Department, and the Fruitland Public Works Department, began a very methodical excavation of the back yard of Wondra’s home. Ground conditions have not impeded the excavation. The Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue deployed specialty K-9s during the excavation.
At this stage in the investigation it is important that nothing is missed, so law enforcement will and continue to excavate and search the property. It’s a slow process, but we will continue until we’re confident that the search of the property is complete. Chief JD Huff said “We are encouraged and remain hopeful that our investigation will lead us to the truth”. It is our belief that there are others who have knowledge of the abduction and death of Michael Vaughan. This investigation is ongoing.
To date, the Fruitland Police Department has received over 1500 tips and leads. We have received many new leads since this portion of the investigation began on Friday. We would ask for your patience as we continue to work through this. We would also ask that the Vaughan family’s privacy be respected. We will post updates as information can be shared. If someone has or learns of information that can help find Michael, we want that information now.
Tips can be sent to findmichael@fruitland.org or to Crime Stoppers, 343COPS.com. Tips may remain anonymous.
Please keep Michael in your prayers.

Police Update

Update: The Search for Michael Joseph Vaughan.
The search continues for Michael Joseph Vaughan, now age 6. We will not stop searching and investigating his abduction until we find Michael and bring those involved to justice.
Through the course of our investigation, we received credible information that the remains of Michael Vaughan could be found in the backyard of 1102 Redwing Street in Fruitland. As a result, the Fruitland Police Department was granted a search warrant to for the residence along with to include the front and back yards. The search warrant was served on Friday, November 11, in the late evening. Upon entry, officers encountered Sarah Wondra 35, one of the known occupants of the home. Fruitland Police arrested Sarah Wondra 35, as there is probable cause to believe that she had knowledge of Michael’s death and failed to report the death to law enforcement.
The following day, the Fruitland Police Department joined by the Idaho State Police, Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue, Fruitland Fire Department, and the Fruitland Public Works Department, began a very methodical excavation of the back yard of Wondra’s home. Ground conditions have not impeded the excavation. The Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue deployed specialty K-9s during the excavation.
At this stage in the investigation it is important that nothing is missed, so law enforcement will and continue to excavate and search the property. It’s a slow process, but we will continue until we’re confident that the search of the property is complete. Chief JD Huff said “We are encouraged and remain hopeful that our investigation will lead us to the truth”. It is our belief that there are others who have knowledge of the abduction and death of Michael Vaughan. This investigation is ongoing.
To date, the Fruitland Police Department has received over 1500 tips and leads. We have received many new leads since this portion of the investigation began on Friday. We would ask for your patience as we continue to work through this. We would also ask that the Vaughan family’s privacy be respected. We will post updates as information can be shared. If someone has or learns of information that can help find Michael, we want that information now.
Tips can be sent to findmichael@fruitland.org or to Crime Stoppers, 343COPS.com. Tips may remain anonymous.

Abduction

I think she was just saying that she partially owned her car with her dad.

The yard search seems to be taking so long. I really feel for Monkey’s parents. I hope today is the day he is found. A part of me
still worries this was a hoax tip.

City of Fruitland Police

Update: The Search for Michael Joseph Vaughan (posted 11/15/22)

Yes, so there is no incident where MV was hit and killed by accident with a vehicle. We can rule that out now.

Edit: I hadn't read everyone's comments yet when I posted. Everyone sounds empathetic and I sound cut and dried.
Sorry about that.
No one wants to believe in abduction rather than accident. I'm usually the last to recognize pure evil. Let's hope this is done with quickly for the sake of the family.

We don't know what happened to him. However, LE has alllll kinds if facts close to the vest.

True. I guess I'm finding it hard to believe that the people in question have the wits about them to perpetrate such a crime and remain undetected for so long.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still confused if they Sarah is the one who kidnapped and killed him or is covering up for someone close to her.

JMO, From the wording being used by the police, it would seem that at the present time her charge only relates to knowing about something that she failed to report to authorities. Obviously there's a lot more to come out but a charge like that doesn't even imply she was in any way involved in perpetrating, assisting, or being present, at the time of the crime because IMO there are many other charges that would be added were that the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay