ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully someone knows this, the 12 year old was gone or the 15 year old was gone? Because I thought the 12 year old girl was gone and the 15 year old male was home. Did I get that backwards?

Hi all

B describes that at the time Michael went missing, Tyler was changing Buggy (the baby), smoking a cigarette and ordering pizza. [NOTE: the cigarette was a new addition to my recollection and any little additions could help explain timeline discrepancies about how long Michael had been out of the house and how Michael could have gotten so far].

B says she and TV stayed up searching all night.

My impression is that B did not seem to believe the White Honda Pilot would be the answer to this mystery.

ETA: I wonder if TV typically smokes in the house or outside and where he took the cigarette break. MOO
Snipped by me. Bolded by me.
I'm not sure about their area and property owner if they don't own their home but I do not know any landlord/prop. mgmt. company that allows smoking indoors and haven't for many years. This leads me to believe he was outside smoking and if it's one cigarette it may take about 5-7 minutes or so I guess.
JMO MOO

Hopefully someone knows this, the 12 year old was gone or the 15 year old was gone? Because I thought the 12 year old girl was gone and the 15 year old male was home. Did I get that backwards?

In the YouTube interview I just posted, B says that her daughter K is the oldest child (15yo). B implies that K was home when Monkey first went missing but left. B says that K was picked up and went with friends WHILE TV was looking for Monkey.

B says later after she arrived home (and it is implied that this is perhaps after the 8:17pm call to her boss), B called K to come home because she wanted her children home where she could see them/ know where they were.

ETA there really was no specific mention of the 12 yo big brother or his whereabouts in this interview. In the past, B has said all 4 children were home.

Snipped by me. Bolded by me.
I'm not sure about their area and property owner if they don't own their home but I do not know any landlord/prop. mgmt. company that allows smoking indoors and haven't for many years. This leads me to believe he was outside smoking and if it's one cigarette it may take about 5-7 minutes or so I guess.
JMO MOO
In a previous interview, B said that they live in grandpa’s home. In this day and age most people smoke outdoors in my experience. That did pique my interest. If TV went outdoors for a smoke, I wonder how that relates to when and how Monkey got outside.

In the YouTube interview I just posted, B says that her daughter K is the oldest child (15yo). B implies that K was home when Monkey first went missing but left. B says that K was picked up and went with friends WHILE TV was looking for Monkey.

B says later after she arrived home (and it is implied that this is perhaps after the 8:17pm call to her boss), B called K to come home because she wanted her children home where she could see them/ know where they were.

ETA there really was no specific mention of the 12 yo big brother or his whereabouts in this interview. In the past, B has said all 4 children were home.

Thank you! I knew previously it’d been said all 4 children were home.

Fruitland Police posted an update on FB. There is nothing new that they can share. They don't say if they are still looking for the Honda Pilot.

City of Fruitland Police

1/27/2022
Update: The Search for Michael Joseph Vaughan.
It has been six months since Michael Joseph Vaughan went missing. The Fruitland Police Department, with assistance from surrounding agencies, the Idaho State Police, and the FBI have continued to search for 5-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughan continuously since July 27, 2021. We do not yet know what happened to cause Michael’s disappearance. Michael’s information has been shared with law enforcement nationwide. Search efforts have involved local police agencies, professional search and rescue units, and community volunteers, and we’ve searched with helicopters, drones, boats, divers, dogs, and walked step by careful step through fields, river, and canal banks.
Over the last month, we’ve focused on leads that continue to come in from around the Northwest and indeed, the world. Our investigators have covered a lot of ground investigating credible leads to completion with several being actively worked on. Every lead offers a new direction and we continue to follow them with vigor. The number of leads received is currently 830 with more coming in daily. Our ground searches have been suspended due to winter weather conditions, but if a credible lead sends us to a forest or a field, we will go.
As most of you know, to keep our community updated, the Fruitland Police Department has held multiple press briefings, and we’re grateful to our local media for covering the search for Michael in stories that have been shared nationwide, even internationally. We’ve seen the poster of Michael from the City of Fruitland webpage shared countless times via media and social media. We do ask that the official poster from the Fruitland Police Department and the Idaho Missing Persons Clearinghouse be the poster that is shared as it will consistently share the same information that would be recognizable to law enforcement nationwide. You can find Michael’s poster at https://www.fruitland.org/index.asp... .
Tips can be sent to findmichael@fruitland.org or to Crime Stoppers, 343COPS.com. Tips may remain anonymous.
To those who stand strong and continue to support both Michael’s family and the efforts of law enforcement to find Michael, thank you. You’re helping us avoid conjecture and keep the focus on finding this little boy. Please know, while not all investigative efforts can be made public, our focus remains strongly on finding Michael with no stone being left unturned, every option carefully considered, and all leads investigated.
The reward for Michael’s safe return is now $52,860.00. Every donation is appreciated. This fund is being held in an account with the City of Fruitland and has been reactivated until March 31, 2022. The fund is given sunset dates to provide accountability and urgency. If someone has or learns of information that can help find Michael, we want that information now.
This Facebook page is the only source for credible first-hand information in this case. Please continue to follow this page for more updates as they’re available.
Please keep Michael, his family, and the investigators working to bring him home in your prayers. Thank you.

Fruitland Police posted an update on FB. There is nothing new that they can share. They don't say if they are still looking for the Honda Pilot.

City of Fruitland Police

1/27/2022
Update: The Search for Michael Joseph Vaughan.
It has been six months since Michael Joseph Vaughan went missing. The Fruitland Police Department, with assistance from surrounding agencies, the Idaho State Police, and the FBI have continued to search for 5-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughan continuously since July 27, 2021. We do not yet know what happened to cause Michael’s disappearance. Michael’s information has been shared with law enforcement nationwide. Search efforts have involved local police agencies, professional search and rescue units, and community volunteers, and we’ve searched with helicopters, drones, boats, divers, dogs, and walked step by careful step through fields, river, and canal banks.
Over the last month, we’ve focused on leads that continue to come in from around the Northwest and indeed, the world. Our investigators have covered a lot of ground investigating credible leads to completion with several being actively worked on. Every lead offers a new direction and we continue to follow them with vigor. The number of leads received is currently 830 with more coming in daily. Our ground searches have been suspended due to winter weather conditions, but if a credible lead sends us to a forest or a field, we will go.
As most of you know, to keep our community updated, the Fruitland Police Department has held multiple press briefings, and we’re grateful to our local media for covering the search for Michael in stories that have been shared nationwide, even internationally. We’ve seen the poster of Michael from the City of Fruitland webpage shared countless times via media and social media. We do ask that the official poster from the Fruitland Police Department and the Idaho Missing Persons Clearinghouse be the poster that is shared as it will consistently share the same information that would be recognizable to law enforcement nationwide. You can find Michael’s poster at https://www.fruitland.org/index.asp... .
Tips can be sent to findmichael@fruitland.org or to Crime Stoppers, 343COPS.com. Tips may remain anonymous.
To those who stand strong and continue to support both Michael’s family and the efforts of law enforcement to find Michael, thank you. You’re helping us avoid conjecture and keep the focus on finding this little boy. Please know, while not all investigative efforts can be made public, our focus remains strongly on finding Michael with no stone being left unturned, every option carefully considered, and all leads investigated.
The reward for Michael’s safe return is now $52,860.00. Every donation is appreciated. This fund is being held in an account with the City of Fruitland and has been reactivated until March 31, 2022. The fund is given sunset dates to provide accountability and urgency. If someone has or learns of information that can help find Michael, we want that information now.
This Facebook page is the only source for credible first-hand information in this case. Please continue to follow this page for more updates as they’re available.
Please keep Michael, his family, and the investigators working to bring him home in your prayers. Thank you.

Very disappointing they are still not able to rule anything in or out at 6 months and don’t even bother to update on the Honda Pilot, the man walking behind the park, the Weiser lead.

Very disappointing they are still not able to rule anything in or out at 6 months and don’t even bother to update on the Honda Pilot, the man walking behind the park, the Weiser lead.

My hunch is that the Honda Pilot is not connected to his disappearance. I know they wanted info. I wish they would have provided an update. I wonder if anyone from the press asked about it?

I think I need a refresher. I can't remember if anyone besides family saw Michael outside the house that day, and what time?

Well, that's odd to say the least..
Very odd! It appears that ALL Fruitland PD Facebook posts about Michael Vaughan have been taken down with the exception of the most recent "update."

I think I need a refresher. I can't remember if anyone besides family saw Michael outside the house that day, and what time?

The Fruitland police have never said anything about if anyone outside the family saw Michael that day. However, Michael's mother has said in media interviews that he was seen by multiple neighbors.

Excerpt from Idaho Press:
Neal said neighbors witnessed Michael knocking on doors in the moments before he disappeared. She can’t explain why, but said he is a friendly child.
Michael Vaughan’s mother pleads — don't let his case go cold | ktvb.com

Excerpt from Idaho Press:
Neal said neighbors witnessed Michael knocking on doors in the moments before he disappeared. She can’t explain why, but said he is a friendly child.
Michael Vaughan’s mother pleads — don't let his case go cold | ktvb.com

The lack of details regarding whether or not he knocked on neighboring doors that evening and if so, how many doors/locations, is puzzling. Typically in a missing persons case like this one would expect as many details as possible to the whereabouts before the disappearance. Obviously not many details are known here but if he indeed knocked on neighbor's doors it would be helpful to know how many doors and how far out he ventured knocking on doors.
Was it just one neighbor's house or multiple houses? I'm sure those neighbors would have already reported this by now so why is the press not giving more details about this?

The searches seem to be continuing in the Weiser area which also has RSO's listed. Just asking in general...Is there any way to get more information about the actual incidents that lead to these charges?

Very odd! It appears that ALL Fruitland PD Facebook posts about Michael Vaughan have been taken down with the exception of the most recent "update."

Maybe they don't want to have to moderate or to miss any comments on all the posts so they decided to keep it to just one most-up-to-date post? Pure speculation on my part.

The lack of details regarding whether or not he knocked on neighboring doors that evening and if so, how many doors/locations, is puzzling. Typically in a missing persons case like this one would expect as many details as possible to the whereabouts before the disappearance. Obviously not many details are known here but if he indeed knocked on neighbor's doors it would be helpful to know how many doors and how far out he ventured knocking on doors.
Was it just one neighbor's house or multiple houses? I'm sure those neighbors would have already reported this by now so why is the press not giving more details about this?

The searches seem to be continuing in the Weiser area which also has RSO's listed. Just asking in general...Is there any way to get more information about the actual incidents that lead to these charges?

Idaho State Police

Yes, I wish the media would provide more details about his whereabouts on that day.

So sad....
As if he vanished into thin air....
Not a trace.....

It's a shame that the Fruitvale PD removed all the other FB posts, because I kept looking for them and they were already taken down.....
I think there may have been some info about him going to neighbors' homes that day.

Is the lack of information about the neighbours coming from MSM the problem? Or is it because you haven't seen anything full stop?

If it's the latter then the info. is out there. If it's the former then I'm not sure how the public knowing would be all that helpful.

At this point I'm pretty sure those neighbours will have been thoroughly vetted and their homes searched extensively.

Same goes for RSO's in the area.

Right! Like which direction was he going and which houses would be next. I really feel he knocked on the wrong door. Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway