ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like in Lina's case, I'm convinced this is an abduction. Watch the kids in your sphere carefully folks, there are monsters everywhere :(

Agree, seems like he wandered off and into the wrong person.

Don't know if they will get any results when they ID the vehicles. Predators are often in the shadows or in plain sight.

The police seem to have evidence that has kept their focus close to home. What could that be?

An article of clothing? Blood? Flimsy alibies / contradictions?

They have NEVER seemed to focus outside of the neighborhood, Idaho and still seem focused there.

The police seem to have evidence that has kept their focus close to home. What could that be?

An article of clothing? Blood? Flimsy alibies / contradictions?

They have NEVER seemed to focus outside of the neighborhood, Idaho and still seem focused there.

FPD only recently began saying the "A" word (abduction). Admitting an abduction may be a possibility- what took so long to get to that point? I think some of us arrived at that months ago. There's really only two choices when you boil it down, parental involvement or abduction. Otherwise he would have been found by now.[/QUOTE]

FPD only recently began saying the "A" word (abduction). Admitting an abduction may be a possibility- what took so long to get to that point? I think some of us arrived at that months ago. There's really only two choices when you boil it down, parental involvement or abduction. Otherwise he would have been found by now.
[/QUOTE]
I would say that there is a third… third party foul play close to home. Like Faye Swetlik and Cash Gernon. Yes that might be a very short term abduction. But nothing about the police response has suggested they think Michael is alive outside the county/state. JMO.

Where is that sweet boy?
Sure wish LE would give us some report, however short it might be. Is the case still active? Or what? Would there be anything the locals might do -- even after this many months? At least they could ask the locals again. Is LE looking into something that they cannot report just yet? <sigh>

I noticed a cluster of police calls on SpotCrime.com that I found notable in Fruitland after Michael went missing (aside from his own neighborhood).

Here is a little snapshot of the area around Custer and 2nd.

upload_2022-1-19_21-47-59.png

hope you can see this. If not and interested, let me know.

I noticed a cluster of police calls on SpotCrime.com that I found notable in Fruitland after Michael went missing (aside from his own neighborhood).

Here is a little snapshot of the area around Custer and 2nd.

View attachment 330580

hope you can see this. If not and interested, let me know.

Am I reading that correctly that they've got a firebug in the area? Or did that night?

Sadly @toevlugsoord, I think you're correct. LE talks about the "first 48 hours," and that may be what is haunting this sad situation. No one seemed to see or hear anything. Or perhaps they did and did not realize it at the time.
Quick and gone. Heart-breaking.

It’s been more than a month since the last update from Fruitland PD.

I think it’s time to tell the public in broad strokes why they remain focused in Idaho and are not issuing an Amber Alert.

Did they identify the Pilot and the driver?

Do they have any evidence of foul play?

Do they think he was taken in a vehicle?

Have they found any of his clothing or evidence that places him off of his street?

moo

More articles, marking the 6th month anniversary

Timeline: Missing Idaho Child Michael Vaughan

Since late July of 2021, 5-year-old Michael Vaughan has been missing from his home and family in Fruitland, Idaho. The heart-shattering story has made it's way into the homes of families nationwide and several police organizations along side thousands of volunteers continue to keep the search alive. Below is a timeline of events leading up to where we are, no

Scroll down to see the above article
One of PBS's Most Popular Shows Will Be in Boise

Video
Thursday marks six months since disappearance of five-year-old Michael Vaughan | ktvb.com

Hi all - There is a new interview out with Michael's mother that has been approved by the moderators for our discussion.
The Lauren Matthias / Hidden True Crime podcast is approved. She is a retired reporter and anchor for ABC, NBC, and FOX News.

There is not a lot new, but there were some new details to me.

Here are my notes FWIW:

Age of children: 15, 12, 5, 2

B had work at 12:30pm that day.
B called home and talked to everyone at her break at 4pm that day and all was fine.

B got call at work at 7:05 from TV (she states in the video that she previously thought it was 7:04 but it was 7:05)
She describes dealing with a customer with the phone still in her pocket with TV on the line. Talking to TV again, talking to a coworker, finishing with the customer then telling her coworker Michael was missing and him telling her to go. It's unclear how long all of that took.
Then she says she ran to locker for her purse and ran to car and drove as fast as she could home. That it is typically a 13 minute drive. She got stuck at the long red light at Gayway.

She approached the neighborhood and saw a police car at the park. She continued toward home and parked car in the street.
TV was talking to a police officer. Grandpa has been out getting a haircut, doing grandpa things and went to visit with friends. She says apparently grandpa got home moments before her and drove out into the field to look for Monkey.

B drove to splash pad and approached ladies and before she could even ask they said they had not seen a little boy.
At this point "it gets blurry"
B says she drove back into the neighborhood up to the end of 9th shouting and people were coming out and ATVs were out, cars.
B: "I think at 8:17 I called my boss." and she rushed over. B says she called K (the oldest child). "She had went with a friend. They had picked her up while TV was looking for Michael."
[NOTE: This seems to be an explanation for the discrepancy over whether or not she was home when MV went missing.]

B describes that at the time Michael went missing, Tyler was changing Buggy (the baby), smoking a cigarette and ordering pizza. [NOTE: the cigarette was a new addition to my recollection and any little additions could help explain timeline discrepancies about how long Michael had been out of the house and how Michael could have gotten so far].

B says she and TV stayed up searching all night.

My impression is that B did not seem to believe the White Honda Pilot would be the answer to this mystery.

ETA: I wonder if TV typically smokes in the house or outside and where he took the cigarette break. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member