ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the AA or anything for these charges .I haven't a clue if these are about Michael or something totally new. There's nothing new showing up for her husband. She has court April 10&11. Has anyone heard the reason for new charges yet or is it sealed?
Not one of the news stories mentions the new charges. If I had to guess - the evidence Huff mentioned was found at the Redwing house came back from the lab. And/or the two people who were said to be living in the home at the time Michael disappeared, and recently made contact with LE - are cooperating with the investigation.

I'm still puzzled about why Stacey has never been mentioned, nor does there seem to be any activity on his court case record?

Not one of the news stories mentions the new charges. If I had to guess - the evidence Huff mentioned was found at the Redwing house came back from the lab. And/or the two people who were said to be living in the home at the time Michael disappeared, and recently made contact with LE - are cooperating with the investigation.

I'm still puzzled about why Stacey has never been mentioned, nor does there seem to be any activity on his court case record?
Today's hearing and charges seems weird to me. It's like it got put in when all the reporters are covering the trials started this week, I don't think there was any advance notice. Wish someone would report something on this jmoo

The new charges are unrelated.

Boise, ID (CBS2) — Sarah Wondra appeared in court on Wednesday for charges that stem from an incident that occurred in April 2022.

Wondra is accused of pointing a gun at a man during an argument.

According to the court documents the man had been staying at the Wondra's Fruitland home when the incident occurred.

The documents also state that Wondra is accused of hiding the gun.

Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 11, 2023.

Sarah Wondra is also accused of failing to report the death of Michael Vaughn.

Michael Vaughan disappeared in July 2021.

Police arrested Wondera in November 2022 saying she had failed to report his death.

Wondra's trial in the Michael Vaughan case was put on hold until this week when she was declared mentally fit to go to trial.

Her preliminary hearing in the Michael Vaughan case is set for April 18, 2023.

Boise, ID (CBS2) — Sarah Wondra appeared in court on Wednesday for charges that stem from an incident that occurred in April 2022.

According to the court documents the man had been staying at the Wondra's Fruitland home when the incident occurred.

Police arrested Wondera in November 2022 saying she had failed to report his death.

Wondra's trial in the Michael Vaughan case was put on hold until this week when she was declared mentally fit to go to trial.

Ty for finding this

Well, just how many folks have they had living with them ? I wonder why she pointed the gun at him and when he reported it ?

Why on earth would she be allowed to have a gun in her possession?

Many states in the US have red flag laws, which do restrict access to guns.
Red Flag Laws
Possession of a firearm by the mentally ill is regulated by both state and federal laws.

Federal Law
Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(d), it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”

March 30, 2023
PAYETTE COUNTY — Sarah Wondra is the only person who has been arrested and is facing criminal charges related to the case of missing Fruitland child Michael ’Monkey’ Vaughan. However, police still believe three others have first-hand knowledge of what happened.

Her husband, Stacey Wondra, remains a suspect, according to Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff.

The same is true with Adrienne Lucienne and Brandon Shurtliff, who were said to be living with the Wondras during Michael’s disappearance. However, he confirmed in an interview on Thursday that they are no longer “at large.” Police have had contact with Lucienne and Shurtliff, and Huff said “there are no arrest warrants at this point.”

Although police have not found Michael, the chief previously has said he believes evidence to be strong enough that Sarah Wondra will have to remain in jail for failure to report Michael’s death to law enforcement. Her next court date related to this case is a status check on April 17.

“This is a very complex investigation and the prosecutor has the majority of our case, although investigators still continue to follow up, still receive tips and leads every day that we continue to follow up on,” Huff said. “We’re in it every day. Today is no different. We haven’t lost steam.”

PAYETTE COUNTY — The woman being held on charges related to the disappearance of Michael ‘Monkey’ Vaughan, of Fruitland, was arraigned on three felony charges in the Payette County Magistrate Court on Wednesday. The charges were filed by Payette County Prosecutor Mike Duke on March 23. Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff says the charges are unrelated to Michael’s case. He says the stem from a gun crime in 2022. Sarah Wondra, along with her husband, each are facing one federal charge in that case.

A court official confirmed that three charges filed on March 23 were the same as three of the five filed against her in April of 2022, which Duke dismissed June 1, 2022.

A request for comment from Duke regarding why the charges were refiled last week has not been returned.

A request for comment from the Idaho Attorney General’s office regarding state laws on re-filing of charges once dismissed also has not been returned.

This makes me wonder if they don't have enough evidence, or figured out that no remains were actually buried in the back yard.

I have been thinking that perhaps some delusions may have played a role in the information the police received.

MOO

APR 17

The Argus Observer obtained a copy of the Motion to Dismiss, filed by Payette County Prosecuting Attorney Mike Duke. The document, which is dated April 14, states that the case is dismissed “without prejudice by and for the reason that based on evidence in the States possession State v. Akins, 164 Idaho 74 (2018) may be a defense.”

“Without prejudice” means that a case is not dismissed forever, and can be brought to trial again. This sometimes happens when officials are seeking more time to make a case stronger, find more evidence or questions other witnesses, according to a private attorney at law.

The dropping of the charge for failure to report the death of a person didn’t come as a surprise to Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff.

More at DA dropping charges ‘doesn’t change’ missing child case

Idaho v. Akins case mentioned above.

Last edited:
This doesn't really surprise me, after looking at her social media and seeing her delusions, I'm sure she thinks she saw Michael, but it never really sounded like reality.

I'm a little saddened that we aren't any closer to finding Michael, his poor mother.

APR 17

The Argus Observer obtained a copy of the Motion to Dismiss, filed by Payette County Prosecuting Attorney Mike Duke. The document, which is dated April 14, states that the case is dismissed “without prejudice by and for the reason that based on evidence in the States possession State v. Akins, 164 Idaho 74 (2018) may be a defense.”

“Without prejudice” means that a case is not dismissed forever, and can be brought to trial again. This sometimes happens when officials are seeking more time to make a case stronger, find more evidence or questions other witnesses, according to a private attorney at law.

The dropping of the charge for failure to report the death of a person didn’t come as a surprise to Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff.

More at DA dropping charges ‘doesn’t change’ missing child case

Idaho v. Akins case mentioned above.

Thank you for posting that. It sounds like according to the other case, that she has the constitutional right not to incriminate herself by reporting the body, especially if she was involved. So it makes no sense to charge her with not reporting a death if she had something to do with it.

Meanwhile she has other charges and will sit in jail, hopefully not enjoying herself, until someone decides to tell the truth.

“It doesn’t change the case for me, it doesn’t change it at all,” he said in a phone interview this morning.
Wondra remains one of four suspects in the case, Huff said.

Other suspects include Sarah’s husband, Stacey Wondra, along with Adrienne Lucienne and Brandon Shurtliff, who were said to be living with the Wondras during Michael’s disappearance.

“I will be submitting the entire case to the prosecutor within the next month or two,” Huff said.
He said that Michael is still believed to be dead.

The police chief also stated that lab results for DNA have come back, but would not comment on those, stating that more evidence is outstanding.

I can't imagine the toll this is taking on Brandy & Tyler, what a nightmare rollercoaster of events. I sure hope Huff can prove what he's saying. This back & forth needs to end, one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem