ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion….I think she confessed to another live in about Michael which is what got this whole ball rolling only I think it’s all a delusion.
I have been leaning towards it all being a delusion since her name was announced and I did a bit of digging. But I was hoping there was just information that was not released that made me feel that way. I'm still hoping they have more info in their back pocket that makes this seem more plausible. MOO

So I re-read the transcription from the Presser to refresh my memory on what was said.

It really does sound like they have some compelling evidence.

During the course of this investigation, to date, we received credible information that the remains of Michael Vaughan could be found in the backyard at 1102 Redwing St., Fruitland. As a result, the Fruitland Police Department obtained a search warrant for the residence, along with the front and backyards.

We did not find Michael's remains. Although the remains of Michael Vaughan were not recovered, we strongly believe, based on evidence, that Michael was abducted and is deceased and that his remains were buried and later moved from the property. As of today, the whereabouts of his remains are unknown. However, the investigation is active, fluid and ongoing. Once the excavation was complete, we conducted a thorough search of the Wondra's residence. The search was productive and additional investigative evidence was recovered and is currently being processed.

I still find this part quite disturbing:

We also believe that there are others associated with the Wondra's, Shurtliff and Lucienne, who may have knowledge of Michael's abduction...

Reporter - What was different about the tip you received in this case, after 1500 tips over the last year and a half? What led to the arrest and the search? Can you share anymore about what lead you to that home?

Chief - You know, I don't wanna get into the details on that, but I can assure you that the tip that we received was credible. I also released that in an earlier statement, that it came from one of the occupants of the home, which led to that.

Hadn't picked up on this at the time, but note how he says "one of the occupants" of the home. As in, presently occupying rather than an ex-occupant?

Last edited:
So I re-read the transcription from the Presser to refresh my memory on what was said.

It really does sound like they have some compelling evidence.

During the course of this investigation, to date, we received credible information that the remains of Michael Vaughan could be found in the backyard at 1102 Redwing St., Fruitland. As a result, the Fruitland Police Department obtained a search warrant for the residence, along with the front and backyards.

We did not find Michael's remains. Although the remains of Michael Vaughan were not recovered, we strongly believe, based on evidence, that Michael was abducted and is deceased and that his remains were buried and later moved from the property. As of today, the whereabouts of his remains are unknown. However, the investigation is active, fluid and ongoing. Once the excavation was complete, we conducted a thorough search of the Wondra's residence. The search was productive and additional investigative evidence was recovered and is currently being processed.

I still find this part quite disturbing:

We also believe that there are others associated with the Wondra's, Shurtliff and Lucienne, who may have knowledge of Michael's abduction...

Reporter - What was different about the tip you received in this case, after 1500 tips over the last year and a half? What led to the arrest and the search? Can you share anymore about what lead you to that home?

Chief - You know, I don't wanna get into the details on that, but I can assure you that the tip that we received was credible. I also released that in an earlier statement, that it came from one of the occupants of the home, which led to that.

Hadn't picked up on this at the time, but note how he says "one of the occupants" of the home. As in, presently occupying rather than an ex-occupant?
Humm makes me wonder if SW said something while he is in jail, and perhaps the body was moved after he was in custody.

MOO

Yeah I've been wondering from the get go if the info. came directly from Stacey.
Me too, who else would be an occupant of the home? The other two - Brandon Shurtliff, of Kuna; and Adrian Lucienne, of Toledo Ohio. Were located and interviewed and I assume not arrested?

Me too, who else would be an occupant of the home? The other two - Brandon Shurtliff, of Kuna; and Adrian Lucienne, of Toledo Ohio. Were located and interviewed and I assume not arrested?

Are Brandon and Adrian still hiding out? Article says they are wanted for questioning.

Are Brandon and Adrian still hiding out? Article says they are wanted for questioning.

Read my second story link?

Got it. Thank you! So police made contact as of 12/8, and then..?? All goes quiet.
Not a word, but Huff remains confident Monkey's remains were moved- according to the 12/8 news story linked above.
Yes, police did eventually make contact with those 2 roomies, and then went radio silent. But neither was arrested for the same charges as Sarah, which was knowing about the crimes and staying silent?

I don't have a lot of faith right now that LE has any evidence that this is a valid story she was telling. I think she is certifiably incompetent and that probably won't change before the next hearing.

City of Fruitland Police

1-26-2023
Update: Michael Vaughan Investigation

The Fruitland Police Department continues to investigate the abduction of 5-year-old Michael Vaughan. At this stage in the investigation, investigators are working to validate information and follow up on new information we have received, as a result of the last press conference.

During the search warrant service at 1102 Redwing, investigators recovered several pieces evidence. Some of those pieces have been sent to a private DNA lab for further analysis. That process will take time and we are patiently waiting for results.

This investigation is multi-faceted and will take time to bring to a conclusion. Our partnerships with assisting agencies are strong and we continue to work closely with the Payette County Prosecutor. We continue to ask for the community’s patience as we pursue justice for Michael.

The Fruitland Police Department is extremely grateful for the community support and all of those who have had the courage to bring new information forward.

Tips can be sent to the Fruitland Police Department (208) 452-3110, Tipsters may remain anonymous, findmichael@fruitland.org or to Crime Stoppers, 343COPS.com.

Future updates will be released on this page as they’re available.

Thank you.

IMO I hope the items they are DNA testing are related to the backyard search or are something from within the home that would place him there, if he was there. If they are testing something like a kid's scooter(?), the POIs could say they found it in the neighborhood.

Brandi Neal, the mother of missing Fruitand boy Michael Vaughan, sat in her living room on a cold January day wiping tears from her face. Neal moves to make another attempt, like she has done so many times before, pleading for the return of her 6-year-old blonde, blue-eyed son she calls "Monkey."
"Please keep sharing his beautiful smile, beautiful face. He’s out there somewhere and we need him home. Don’t forget about him," Neal said.

Shurtliff's mother speaks​

Where is Shurtliff? According to his mother, Tina Morreale, he is in North Dakota -- and she knows his location.
Morreale told KTVB via Facebook that her son "is not running" and has nothing to hide.

"We have all been cooperating, but this has outright turned into total harassment of Brandon and our family. It use to be innocent until proven guilty, now it's guilty without proof. They are even pointing fingers at me and telling me I'm lying and hiding something," she said.

Morreale claims she opened her home up to police when they came knocking.

"I gave them food and water, prayed with them and allowed them to run their dogs and people through my house and yard. They did find my toilet was leaking, which I'm grateful for," Morreale said.

She claims their cadaver dog "smelled the poop outside" near her vent and crawlspace, which was near her leaking toilet, she said.

Public Relations Director Mark Sullivan works for the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue, a team that has been very active in the search for Michael.

Sullivan consulted with K-9 experts on his team who told him that, no, cadaver dogs do not alert on human feces. Sullivan said that he's never heard of a K-9 dog being trained to find feces.

"Each dog has a very specific reaction that it does when it does what it's trained to do," he said via text message. "The untrained human may not know, or recognize, when a dog alerts its handler."

a1962c1a-4c0a-4bce-9d4c-b526b4387486_16x9.jpg
a1962c1a-4c0a-4bce-9d4c-b526b4387486_1140x641.jpg

Credit: Alexandra Duggan / KTVB

"They came back with 17 cars, dogs and shovels, and dug where the dog alluded to the following day. They found nothing but my leaking toilet," Morreale wrote. "We have cooperated fully since this all began. Our attorney will probably be calling a press conference for all this slander."

KTVB asked why Shurtliff hasn't come back to Idaho. Morreale said his attorney is handling it.

"I know my son's heart! He's loves kids, animals, the elderly. He has such a tender heart. He's always giving of all he has. He would give his last morsel of food or his only shirt. He just always seems to choose the wrong type of people to be friends with," Morreale wrote.

Shurtliff's mother speaks​

"I know my son's heart! He's loves kids, animals, the elderly. He has such a tender heart. He's always giving of all he has. He would give his last morsel of food or his only shirt. He just always seems to choose the wrong type of people to be friends with," Morreale wrote.

^RSBM

Seems like Brandon’s mom is inkling something, without actually coming out and saying it. But I doubt she or her kin will be helpful to the investigation. It took 17 cars of police to help her realize she had a leaking toilet.

jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members