ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2021-8-5_16-11-47.jpeg
This photo of Michael "Monkey" Joseph Vaughan was said to have been taken about a month prior to when he was last seen on July 2 near his home.
Police release more recent photo of missing boy from Fruitland

This morning, the search continued in an area below Southwest Eighth Street, where heavy foliage was removed and a specialty K-9 unit was deployed. In the near future, a dive team has been scheduled to come in and search a pond in the sloughs in that area.

As no scenario has been ruled out, Huff said Fruitland Police Department will continue to use all available outside resources, such as the dive team, as long as they are available, commenting that it is on a day by day basis at this time.

Recent high temperatures and heavy rains have hampered K-9's, especially scent K-9's, Huff said.

"After heavy rain the other day, that was one of our major concerns," he said.

This morning, the search continued in an area below Southwest Eighth Street, where heavy foliage was removed and a specialty K-9 unit was deployed. In the near future, a dive team has been scheduled to come in and search a pond in the sloughs in that area.

As no scenario has been ruled out, Huff said Fruitland Police Department will continue to use all available outside resources, such as the dive team, as long as they are available, commenting that it is on a day by day basis at this time.

Recent high temperatures and heavy rains have hampered K-9's, especially scent K-9's, Huff said.

"After heavy rain the other day, that was one of our major concerns," he said.

teams or community volunteers, Huff said it is estimated that law enforcement agencies altogether have spent 2,500 man hours on the search.

"I have never seen a police presence like this," the chief said, extending his "heartfelt appreciation" to all involved, including residents in search areas.

"What I'd like you to do is search the immediate area. Look once. Look again," he said, adding that this should include outbuildings, vehicles, fence-lines any video footage.

As far as a reward for information leading to Michael's return, Huff indicated that something is in the works, as private individuals have been in contact with him about that.
Police comb more than 200 homes and trash cans in search for missing boy

I agree it would be nice to know if he was seen on video anywhere. I would like to hear them ask about people, did anyone miss work the next day, has anyone been acting strange etc.
I agree. I have often wished that LE would give those kinds of prompts about odd behavior in cases where “everything is on the table”. It would get people thinking. LE did prompt folks earlier on to report anyone seen in the neighborhood in the key time frame, so that was good.

I agree it would be nice to know if he was seen on video anywhere. I would like to hear them ask about people, did anyone miss work the next day, has anyone been acting strange etc.
And avoiding the search or searchers - won’t answer the door. Any mother’s or wives unusually emotional - out of character - even for finding a little boy. Alienating themselves from the search when they are usually a joiner and active community member.

The Fruitland Police Department released a new photo of Michael Joseph Vaughan, who has now been missing for more than a week. Police say this photo was taken one month before the time he was last seen.

E8DkSa6XoAkV50g

https://twitter.com/IdahoNews6/status/1423388490708963328

https://www.kivitv.com/news/fruitla...arch-efforts-to-locate-missing-5-year-old-boy

The only thing keeping me from asking how long this child was actually gone before being reported missing, is the very tight timeframe (last sighting) that LE is giving. Everything else, like the odd “notified” wording they keep using, suggests that it could be another case of a child being gone for weeks or months before somebody outside the immediate family got around to “notifying” LE that something is iffy. If it turns out that the last sighting was by some random neighbor with poor eyesight...

The only thing keeping me from asking how long this child was actually gone before being reported missing, is the very tight timeframe (last sighting) that LE is giving. Everything else, like the odd “notified” wording they keep using, suggests that it could be another case of a child being gone for weeks or months before somebody outside the immediate family got around to “notifying” LE that something is iffy. If it turns out that the last sighting was by some random neighbor with poor eyesight...
I hear you. It certainly raised my hackles that we just got a month old photo. I just don’t get why that took so long as a parent of young kids. JMO.

Shudders of another case… Interesting and I think you think like some of us seem to think. I realize LE and the community are working so diligently and are giving their best efforts to inform the community and speak out for Michael- I also think the parents must have relatives who may want to speak out but loyalty and indecision prevents them. There’s nothing stronger and tighter than “blood ties” Family dynamics can be very complicated involving years of love/hate relationships. My amateur guess is these are the people Huff is addressing in this last appeal. jmo

I hear you. It certainly raised my hackles that we just got a month old photo. I just don’t get why that took so long as a parent of young kids. JMO.

Same thought.

Of course he looks the same, but here lil guy has a different haircut. This child you can tell is just so full of life and friendly with his big smile. I think I'd recognize him more by this photo. Just adorable.

Still praying.

Not following, are the other photos on the flyers older than this one?
Per the article they just released the most recent photo yet, which was taken a month before disappearance. Might mean nothing. But like I said it raised my hackles. LE is told to get the most recent, clear photo in the first hours of disappearance.

Sometimes they don’t issue recent photos. Not sure why. Not blaming anyone. But it raises my hackles. This is not the only case like that.
  • Summer Wells was similar. They issued a Christmas photo that was lovely of her with neck length hair but not how she looked most recently, 6 months older with a buzz cut. More recent photos exist, but the Amber alert shot is dated.
  • Orrin and Orson West they issued year plus old photos of preschoolers. Preschoolers change their looks a lot in a year. They never issued age progression photos either.
  • Alternatively in the case of Linda Stoltzfoos the missing Amish girl, they had a very recent photo despite the Amish avoidance of photos PLUS they issued an enhanced image of how she would look in street clothes. It turned out she HAD been abducted off the street. I think LE suspected abduction and that’s why LE went the extra mile.
  • Jmo

Unfortunately, Idaho is one of the states that doesn't require NAMUS listing. Remind me, is this something LE or parents do? I should know this, iirc, Deorr Kunz Jr. wasn't listed for a long time.

LE or the family can do it, I believe. I sent a message to FPD asking if they’d consider submitting him but haven’t heard back.

Unfortunately, Idaho is one of the states that doesn't require NAMUS listing. Remind me, is this something LE or parents do? I should know this, iirc, Deorr Kunz Jr. wasn't listed for a long time.
It took a bit to find it, cause the site itself wasn’t clear. I assumed it had to be LE or a govt. agency but no… the following is for missing adults. I’ll keep trying to find one for kids.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)21
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) is an online repository for information about missing persons and unidentified remains that is overseen by DOJ's National Institute of Justice (NIJ). According to DOJ, NamUs was established in response to an overwhelming need for a central reporting system for unidentified human remains cases.

NamUs is composed of three databases: missing persons, unidentified remains, and unclaimed remains.23 The system has been accessible via the web since 2009, and is operated through an NIJ grant to the University of North Texas (UNT) Health Center.

The missing person database serves as a repository for information on missing persons that can be entered by law enforcement agencies or members of the public. Profiles of missing individuals may include photographs and information about the circumstances around their disappearance, their dental records, DNA, physical appearance, and police contact information, among other items. Users of the website may search the database based on these attributes. The database also includes information about state statutes on recovering missing persons as well as links to state missing person clearinghouses, which are maintained by state law enforcement agencies or advocacy organizations and provide information about missing adults.

You're going to have to talk to me like you're a Kindergarten teacher, because I see that the photo was taken a month before disappearance, but not that "it was the most recent photo yet." Those two things don't mean the same thing.

I did notice that there is a "Fruitland Police" label on the new picture. Does that mean someone other than parents gave them the photo? idk

Per the article they just released the most recent photo yet, which was taken a month before disappearance. Might mean nothing. But like I said it raised my hackles. LE is told to get the most recent, clear photo in the first hours of disappearance.

Sometimes they don’t issue recent photos. Not sure why. Not blaming anyone. But it raises my hackles. This is not the only case like that.
  • Summer Wells was similar. They issued a Christmas photo that was lovely of her with neck length hair but not how she looked most recently, 6 months older with a buzz cut. More recent photos exist, but the Amber alert shot is dated.
  • Orrin and Orson West they issued year plus old photos of preschoolers. Preschoolers change their looks a lot in a year. They never issued age progression photos either.
  • Alternatively in the case of Linda Stoltzfoos the missing Amish girl, they had a very recent photo despite the Amish avoidance of photos PLUS they issued an enhanced image of how she would look in street clothes. It turned out she HAD been abducted off the street. I think LE suspected abduction and that’s why LE went the extra mile.
  • Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members