ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they still digging? I thought this tip had some weight to it since it came from someone else living in the home rather than from Sarah. But what if they didn’t have direct knowledge, only heard ramblings from Sarah?

Did Sarah actually witness Michael being buried? If not, then her ever changing story should have been questioned before the digging began. Did someone with direct knowledge agree he was buried where they are digging?

Even if he was buried in the yard at one point, is it possible the killer moved his body later after realizing multiple people knew?

I have to imagine they have some type of evidence to corroborate her story. Even with a competent and lucid person, a confession alone is not enough to convict someone. LE knows they need more than her story.

I hope they aren't just using the charges as leverage? And they actually believe they can prove the crime of failing to report?

It has been a long time and Michael's family deserves some answers.

I have to imagine they have some type of evidence to corroborate her story. Even with a competent and lucid person, a confession alone is not enough to convict someone. LE knows they need more than her story.

I hope they aren't just using the charges as leverage? And they actually believe they can prove the crime of failing to report?

It has been a long time and Michael's family deserves some answers.
Where she was out on pre-trial release from her and hubbys arrest in May, wouldn’t that include she not get in more trouble or something to that effect that would also keep her inside besides just the current charges?
I mean isn’t it a federal charge to be a felon in possession of a firearm and controlled substances?

I agree. I'm getting really uncomfortable with this. But I don't have the info LE does. Still uncomfortable. JMO
I sure hope LE has something concrete that they're going on. Perhaps they have a witness who has first hand info and is talking?? Or someone she confessed to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where she was out on pre-trial release from her and hubbys arrest in May, wouldn’t that include she not get in more trouble or something to that effect that would also keep her inside besides just the current charges?
I mean isn’t it a federal charge to be a felon in possession of a firearm and controlled substances?

What I'm worried about, and I could be totally wrong because very little information has been released, is this new charge is failing to report the death of Michael. For that charge to be substantiated, Michael really has to have been killed and she really had to have known the facts about that and willingly failed to report it.

For example, many of us suspect based on the situation that Michael has been murdered. However, we don't have actual knowledge so we are not required to report it - none of us would face this charge.

If she just thinks she knows something happened to Michael because the voices in her head told her, that's not actual facts and evidence- she doesn't actually know.

If LE has evidence to suggest Michael was killed and she knew about it, where are those charges? For the underlying offense? It just seems like a weird series of events to me.

What I'm worried about, and I could be totally wrong because very little information has been released, is this new charge is failing to report the death of Michael. For that charge to be substantiated, Michael really has to have been killed and she really had to have known the facts about that and willingly failed to report it.

For example, many of us suspect based on the situation that Michael has been murdered. However, we don't have actual knowledge so we are not required to report it - none of us would face this charge.

If she just thinks she knows something happened to Michael because the voices in her head told her, that's not actual facts and evidence- she doesn't actually know.

If LE has evidence to suggest Michael was killed and she knew about it, where are those charges? For the underlying offense? It just seems like a weird series of events to me.

I'm glad you said all that because it brought up a lot of the questions I have about this arrest.
Mostly, it just doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense.

From what we've been told, it was someone else who lived in the house (unless that's been changed), that basically informed LE that she knew and didn't come forward. That's where my questions begin.

Who is this person, her husband or someone else living there?

How do they know that she failed to report his death?

How do they know she knows that he is deceased, and failed to report that?

If they know that he's deceased and that she knows too, and failed to report the death, what (if anything) have they shared about the cause of his death?

Why aren't there any murder/manslaughter/homicide charges?

I know this sounds like a lot of he said/she said, but if this is what they're going on to dig up the yard, that just seems off to me. They MUST have more than some testimony of someone living there, right? I feel like I have to be missing something really obvious.

jmo

Who is this person, her husband or someone else living there?

jmo
RSBM i don’t think it was her husband, he was in jail and one of the articles said they talked to husband after arresting Sarah. So it seems someone else in the home.

Which makes me wonder when did the someone else find out? Recently? Or they’ve known since July 27? If they’ve known then why aren’t they charged with not reporting a death?

So, she was charged, based on her statement only? If they do not locate evidence to support her statement?
No.

"We want to resolve this and hold those people accountable who committed this crime," Huff said."

"He later told KTVB that it's not just one statement police were given that corroborated probable cause. No forensic team is on the site yet, Huff said."

I sure hope LE has something concrete that they're going on. Perhaps they have a witness who has first hand info and is talking?? Or someone she confessed to?

"We want to resolve this and hold those people accountable who committed this crime," Huff said."

"He later told KTVB that it's not just one statement police were given that corroborated probable cause. No forensic team is on the site yet, Huff said."

RSBM i don’t think it was her husband, he was in jail and one of the articles said they talked to husband after arresting Sarah. So it seems someone else in the home.

Which makes me wonder when did the someone else find out? Recently? Or they’ve known since July 27? If they’ve known then why aren’t they charged with not reporting a death?

I was wondering if she told several family members and/or friends and the person that came forward was one of her parents, or someone staying with her. If this is the case, they probably didn't get charged because they did come forward.

I do worry after watching her Tik Tok videos that she is a bit delusional or mentally ill or something and that what she said isn't true, but she thinks it is, and it worried someone enough for them to tell police.

BUT, with that said, I can't see police having only that to go on and spending ALL this time searching that backyard and house.

ALL JMO - MOO

I was wondering if she told several family members and/or friends and the person that came forward was one of her parents, or someone staying with her. If this is the case, they probably didn't get charged because they did come forward.

I do worry after watching her Tik Tok videos that she is a bit delusional or mentally ill or something and that what she said isn't true, but she thinks it is, and it worried someone enough for them to tell police.

BUT, with that said, I can't see police having only that to go on and spending ALL this time searching that backyard and house.

ALL JMO - MOO
I can't bring myself to watch her videos. I already know the cringe factor will be off the charts, from what folks are saying here. So, thank you all that have already watched so I don't have to. :)

Sounds like a slippery slope. But we also don't know whats stated in the PC, since it's sealed to protect the investigation.

ALL JMO - MOO
BBM

Since they are going to hold accountable "those" who committed this crime, that tells me that anyone of "those" persons could have told, shared, communicated etc...what they did to MV.

This is moo, but, I base it off what Huff told KTVB that it's not just one statement police were given that corroborated probable cause.

If they are searching forested areas near Weiser, ID then it does seem it might be foul play and he was abducted.

I've always held out hope it wasn't foul play and that he ran off and had an accident in a lake/forest/mine/drain etc and just wasn't found.

I was caught up but kinda not anymore so yall just ignore me if this has been discussed. If she's being charged with not reporting a death and that information came from someone else in the house does that not make them guilty of the same crime for knowing too?? Her husband may be tired of sitting in jail by now and sometimes talking helps. I wonder if he's not the one that turned her in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay