ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only right and fair for her to have been evaluated and appropriate action taken, otherwise justice cannot be served. The vulnerable, mentally incompetent and incapacitated persons must never be pushed into a situation just because the general public, who are ignorant of facts (as we all are), desire it to be done. What's the alternative? IMO JMO.

Yes, hopefully. But they seemed to be ending the search early, saying they are done.
And they aren't doing a presser for another week? It doesn't sound very urgent. Maybe I am just being pessimistic though...
I'm holding out hope this wasn't a wild goose chase. I keep telling myself, after 16 months- surely they vetted this information prior to the dig in the backyard and found it tied back to key pieces of undisclosed information in the investigation.

The delay could be forensic results and/or tying up loose ends of this piece of the investigation.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic ... we need a middle-ground opinion.

oh no, it sounds like they didn't find anything...now what?
It doesn't say they haven't found anything, It just means they will be wrapping up soon, IMO, they still have the house to search. If they have found anything, then guessing from previous updates they may stay tight-lipped.
Just My Opinion.

Have there been cases where they found remains or DNA evidence but kept it quiet for very long? (I know in Quinton Simon's case they did not immediately announce finding potential remains but did announce it once the remains were confirmed to be human and after they made the arrest... What terrible truths exist in these cases.)

I agree with @katydid23. It seems an awfully long time to wait for an update. I imagine if they'd found Michael they would tell the public sooner rather than later, for risk of it being leaked beforehand.
I'm hoping the delay in reporting is for the testing to be found there could be DNA and decomp if they moved monkey or DNA from the house, LE had reason to search and everything before showing up and arresting her LE wouldn't tear up a yard on just her saying that there has to be more I hope jmoo

there could be DNA...if they moved monkey

Quote snipped by me.
Agree there could still be DNA found in the ground if he was buried but they moved him.

LE found it in another case that went to trial this year- someone remind me which case. (A college student murdered by another student and buried under his parents' deck for a long time, but they moved her before LE could search the yard.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member