Identified! ID - Oneida Co, UnkSex&Race UP13607, 12-16, skull in Two Mile Canyon, Oct'86 - Patricia Campbell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, I just listened to TheTrailWentCold and this case was mentioned in some degree of detail.

If I understand correctly, Tina's skull was recovered and noticed to have a bullet hole in it, but Patricia's skull was not recovered and her remains where confirmed through DNA testing in 2007.

The skull was found about 500-600 feet from the girl's location.

I didn't hear Robin mention it as a possibility when he was talking about who the unidentified skull may belong to.

So, the skull found years later, close to where the girls where found, could it possibly just be Patricia's skull? From everything I have read into this, the unidentified skull has only been tested against one person.
You're right- it was Patricia skull

I do think the recon was really good given the incomplete skull that apparently was missing the whole mandibular area (which explains why nobody thought of Patricia, dentals were a huge part of ID back in the day).
Great work for amateur forensic artists.

Thank you, Othram. I sure I'm not the only one who's relieved Oneida Doe was not a third victim, but someone whose family already had some answers to what happened to their loved one. On the other hand, there are other girls who are still missing from Idaho during that era with families who are still waiting.

Reposting/crossposting WS thread about the Pocatello Murders for convenience:

Last edited:
This case is very interesting. This is the only case I know of where the victim remained unidentified for decades twice.

Patricia's remains, discovered in 1981, couldn't be identified as belonging to her at the time, but DNA testing proved they were hers in 2007. Then, her partial skull was only identified last year.

There are some other examples where separate remains were found a few years apart in different areas, and pointing back to the same person.

What is known about Patricia Campbell's life?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back