Identified! ID - Oneida Co, UnkSex&Race UP13607, 12-16, skull in Two Mile Canyon, Oct'86 - Patricia Campbell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, I just listened to TheTrailWentCold and this case was mentioned in some degree of detail.

If I understand correctly, Tina's skull was recovered and noticed to have a bullet hole in it, but Patricia's skull was not recovered and her remains where confirmed through DNA testing in 2007.

The skull was found about 500-600 feet from the girl's location.

I didn't hear Robin mention it as a possibility when he was talking about who the unidentified skull may belong to.

So, the skull found years later, close to where the girls where found, could it possibly just be Patricia's skull? From everything I have read into this, the unidentified skull has only been tested against one person.

Following. I think it sounds like she'll be one of the girls listed on page 1 of the thread, but glad that they are making efforts to find out...

Yes, its time to figure this out, once and for all. Our campaign is moving along and we are more than 60% funded. We expect we will begin testing before the end of the month.

Who is Oneida Jane Doe (1986)?

*Bump*

Summary​

In October 1986, a hunter in Two Mile Canyon, outside Malad, Idaho discovered a partial human skull. The hunter reported the finding to authorities, and led officers to the location of the discovery. As it turns out, five years prior, the partial remains of two girls were found in the area, both homicide victims, who had disappeared in 1978 from the Pocatello area. The two homicide victims were Tina Anderson and Patricia Campbell, ages 12 and 15 respectively, who's deaths remain unsolved. The Oneida County Sheriff's Office has not ruled out the possibility that the remains found in 1986 might be connected to the two homicide victims from five years earlier.

Investigators determined that the skull likely belong to an adolescent girl between the ages of 14-16. Her biogeographical origins are not clear, but an anthropological analysis suggests that she is most likely White, but possibly Hispanic. The uncertain ancestry stems from the incompleteness of the remains and the young age of the victim. The partial remains also make it hard to produce a definitive forensic facial reconstruction so the one posted here is amateur sketch not based on skeletal data.

With all leads exhausted, the Oneida County Sheriff's Office and Dr. Samantha Blatt from the Idaho State University Anthropology Department, in 2021, teamed up with Othram to see if advanced DNA testing could help provide new leads that might help identify this unknown young woman or at least identify a close family member. Dr. Blatt, having worked with Othram previously and having completed the skeletal analysis, recommended DNA and forensic genealogy to Oneida County to move the case forward and helped secure an initial donation for analysis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back