ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Search For Robert Manwill Continues
Story Published: Jul 31, 2009 at 7:54 PM CDT
(Story Updated: Jul 31, 2009 at 7:54 PM CDT )
<snipped>
Boise police say an 8-year-old boy missing for a week may have been the victim of a tragic event, and that new evidence suggests suspicious activity surrounding his disappearance.

Robert Manwill reportedly disappeared July 24 after leaving his mother's apartment in southwest Boise. Investigators initially said they had no evidence of foul play.

But Deputy Chief Jim Kerns told reporters today that new evidence has changed the nature of the investigation. Yesterday police searched the apartment of the boy's mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins.
So far, police say there are no arrests or suspects in the case.

VIDEO: The Search For Robert Manwill Continues
http://www.kmvt.com/news/local/52227457.html?video=YHI&t=a

Article:
http://www.kmvt.com/news/local/52227457.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More Than 1,600 Volunteers Search for Missing Boy
July 31, 2009
<snipped>
They packed into three different locations across Boise to find 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

At South Junior High one woman said she volunteered because she is a mother and if her child disappeared, she would want people to come out an help her.

Boise's mayor appeared at all three locations to offer his thanks on behalf of the city. Dave Bieter said he was thrilled to see so many Boise residents show up.

"It's a great place to be mayor of. This is why," Bieter said. "You hope this sentiment continues - and it's alive and well and will be in the future."

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10829706
Statesman Revelations In Missing Kid Case
July 29, 2009
<snipped>
Reporters Cynthia Sewell and Patrick Orr of the Idaho Statesman offer up a BLOCKBUSTER STORY on Wednesday&#8217;s front page, detailing an unsavory past of the adults involved in the disappearance of Robert Manwill, the 8-year-old tot last seen in the area of Vista and Cherry Lane.

Their detailed account took a lot of effort sifting through court records and no doubt top editors agonized over the &#8220;public&#8217;s right to know&#8221; vs any defendants right to a fair trial. In this case the GUARDIAN thinks the paper put things in perspective and provided a community service.

Mom is on probation for fracturing the skull of Robert&#8217;s half brother, her boyfriend has a history of felony convictions and is banned from being alone with Robert&#8217;s half sister.

Adding to the tragic story, Robert&#8217;s father lost another son in 1993 when his then wife stabbed him to death in at Ft. Polk, Louisiana. Based on the Daily Paper story, father Charles Manwill had custody of the boy and doesn&#8217;t have a record&#8211;other than hooking up with women of questionable character.

Slow as they may have been off the starting blocks, the Daily deserves credit for putting the massive search in perspective. The latest info will no doubt shift the emphasis of the investigation. It also leaves open the possibility that citizens and police may have been on the proverbial wild goose chase for the past five days.

Article:
http://boiseguardian.com/2009/07/29/statesman-reveals-details-on-missing-kid-case/
UPDATED: The search for Robert: More than 2,300 volunteers were 'extremely helpful'
Published: 07/31/09
<snipped>
6:38 p.m. More than 2,300 volunteers turned out to search today.

"The search was extremely helpful," she said. Specific areas of interest now have to be searched by trained investigators.

"Developing leads" led police to the house on Southdale where investigators have converged Friday evening.

6:17 p.m. Investigators are searching the house on Southdale Avenue, looking for evidence that could be related to the disappearance of Robert Manwill.

5:53 p.m. Ada County Sheriff's Office crime scene investigators are preparing to do a multi-agency search of a house on Southdale Avenue in Southwest Boise. Boise police department will be lead agency for the search.

Officials at the scene said they are waiting for a search warrant.

5:45 p.m. Dave Neal, director of Ada County's solid waste management, said the part of the dump where Saturday's refuse was taken has been left alone since then.

Friday, an Ada County sheriff's deputy officially cordoned it off with crime scene tape.

If police ask, the landfill workers can take Saturday's trash a foot at a time and lay it out flat, with a bulldozer, to be sifted through, Neal said.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/boise/story/851769.html

:angel:

I wonder if the bf of mom was at the hosp. to have blood drawn for comparison to blood found in the truck or apt.?

Why this "mom" was allowed anywhere near this little one is incomprehensible to me. Makes me very, very ANGRY!!

Good suggestion. I also considered an event similar to Melissa Huckaby in the Sandra Cantu case wherein she swallowed razor/knife blades to try and kill herself. I imagine from all of the guilt.

Sorry to hijack the thread with so many posts. I just happen to be able to watch the news live and want to make sure I catch everything that's said and relay it to all of you.

As somone who is *not local, and who is frantically trying to catch-up with everything that's happened - I for one, *greatly appreciate your hijacking this thread!

Please continue to do so!!!!!!! :thumb:

The sister told her other sister said that a cop went to the boyfriends truck and yelled "I've got a positive". My brother said forensic was also going through the playground. :(

We'd speculated earlier about what "I've got a positive" signified.....I suspect, based upon the additional news regarding a "tragic event" and the continued LE presence at Robert's mothers apt - that, sadly, they *were referring to blood - especially as the vehicle was towed. :( IMO, of course.

More than 1,600 volunteers searched today - that's AMAZING!!:)

Do we know if the mother & bf have lawyered up?

Does anyone know if the mother (loosely called) and the BF been separated yet. Maybe if separated, they will turn on eachother and tell the truth about what happened to Robert and tell where he is hidden. The BF went to the hospital, that tells me that he most likely had a panic attack. I do hope that they are both at LE station and being grilled and drilled.

We'd speculated earlier about what "I've got a positive" signified.....I suspect, based upon the additional news regarding a "tragic event" and the continued LE presence at Robert's mothers apt - that, sadly, they *were referring to blood - especially as the vehicle was towed. :( IMO, of course.
------
Sadly, I have to agree with you on that one.:mad:

-----------
ITA, LE searching with black light says to me, luminol and finding blood. This is so heartwrenching and I'm so damn mad right now.

hi lonetraveler...
i must've missed that in an article? do you know where that was reported? or by who? was it in one that angel posted? i've been following a couple different forums and there's been so much that has come out in the last few hours.

ETA: nevermind...i found it. whew! too much info for this foggy brain!
it was in a link Angel posted http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52179147.html

http://www.2news.tv/news/52215662.html

Dave Neal, director of the Ada County Solid Waste Management Department, says the landfill was asked by authorities to leave a half-acre alone for investigative purposes.

Neal also said Friday afternoon that no new trash has been brought to the landfill since last Saturday, so sifting through trash in that half-acre wouldn't be an issue.

More info on the possible landfill search. I do hope it doesn't become necessary.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m7d31-Disturbing-information-released-regarding-the-family-of-Robert-Manwill

Robert’s mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of injury to a child in March after she fractured her infant son’s skull in Oct. 2008.

Court records state that Jenkins “did willfully inflict” the fracture “by striking the child’s head on a surface, causing a fracture to the child’s skull.” She was fined $75.50, sentenced to 29 days of work release, and put on probation for two years. Jenkins lost custody of the little boy.

Idaho4Groenes, LadyBugSTL is right about you posting a duplicate....you didn't do anything wrong at all! :blowkiss:

It is so hard to keep track of articles posted, when a case dosen't have it's own forum with a media thread for it. I have been gulity of doing the same thing myself.

They get lost in a general discussion thread like this & get hard to find when we are looking for something in one for discussion. Than we all find ourselves going pages & pages back trying to find the article or video to refer to it. :banghead: is what we end up doing when we can't find it. I was only trying to be helpful & get today's close together to make it easier for all of us to find them.

LadyBuugSTL is so right! I re-read articles over & over, cause I miss that one sentence with a possible clue in it. :crazy:

Welcome to WS's Idaho4Groenes to a wonderful, loving, most caring, group of people I have ever met. It is always helpful to have posters who can give us updates they see on the local news too....much of it never gets put on line either. I'm glad you found us here at WS's & we all hope that you keep posting.

O/T (The same thing happens with the Nevaeh Buchanan case...since I'm from her area. I keep praying everyday that the evil monster that murdered her is arrested....I check the local news & the media off & on all day waiting for an arrest in her case.)

I never joined any forum, until I found WS's.......sorry to say you all are stuck with me hanging around here! :wink: As long as I behave myself that is....:biggrin:
Don't ever want a TO or I would be lost everyday without all of you!

:hug:'s & :rose:'s to all WS's members! :blowkiss:

Thanks, Angel! :) I mostly just wanted to make sure that the original poster got credit. I agree with you that the more info we have here to refer to, the better.

But...I'm not new. I've been here for around 3 years. I think you may have meant to say welcome to the poster who posted just before me, atstephens9.

But I agree with you. WS members are the greatest! I've stumbled across a few other places while Googling, and I'd be scared to post at most of them. I've never once been frightened of posting an opinion here. And we don't mind having you around, Angel. You are always on top of the latest articles, and that's a huge help! :blowkiss: to you and all WS members.

But now actually ON topic...I've always had a bad feeling about this case, but ever since last night I've just been sick about it. Prayers and positive thoughts to Robert's true family, his father, and those that really care about him. That they will soon have answers and their little boy.

I'm in tears for Robert. By the looks of the background on the mum, he didn't have much of a chance. The only hope would be his age, and being able to "get away". But it doesn't look like that happened. We're here for the children, and every time I hear about one of these cases I want to say MY DOOR IS OPEN - please please, don't kill your child. There are hundrends, thousands of people who are willing to help. Bless you Robert, wherever, you may be.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m7d31-Disturbing-information-released-regarding-the-family-of-Robert-Manwill

Robert’s mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of injury to a child in March after she fractured her infant son’s skull in Oct. 2008.

Court records state that Jenkins “did willfully inflict” the fracture “by striking the child’s head on a surface, causing a fracture to the child’s skull.” She was fined $75.50, sentenced to 29 days of work release, and put on probation for two years. Jenkins lost custody of the little boy.

:furious: If I say what I'm thinking.....:behindbar:banghead:

She didn't kill the 1st time, so she got a do-over??

I'm in tears for Robert. By the looks of the background on the mum, he didn't have much of a chance. The only hope would be his age, and being able to "get away". But it doesn't look like that happened. We're here for the children, and every time I hear about one of these cases I want to say MY DOOR IS OPEN - please please, don't kill your child. There are hundrends, thousands of people who are willing to help. Bless you Robert, wherever, you may be.

I do what you mean, I want to do the same, if fact is you bad , I want to Nay Nay In satsuma and try to save her.
The sad part is so many people wants childerns and can't have them, :mad:

So I wonder who's home this is they are getting a warrant to search? Does any one know..TIA

6:38 p.m.

More than 2,300 volunteers turned out to search today.

"The search was extremely helpful," she said. Specific areas of interest now have to be searched by trained investigators.

"Developing leads" led police to the house on Southdale where investigators have converged Friday evening.

6:17 p.m.

Investigators are searching the house on Southdale Avenue, looking for evidence that could be related to the disappearance of Robert Manwill

5:53 p.m. Ada County Sheriff's Office crime scene investigators are preparing to do a multi-agency search of a house on Southdale Avenue in Southwest Boise. Boise police department will be lead agency for the search.

Officials at the scene said they are waiting for a search warrant.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/boise/story/851769.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member