ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or methadone....don't they give that to known junkies so they can come off the street stuff in hopes of weaning them off it?

Correction: Methadone is not just given to 'junkies'. People from all walks of life can become addicted to painkillers, heroine and other opiate based substances that can cause a profound addiction. Methadone treatment is very strict. You usually have to come every day to get your dose. There are high levels of achievement with using Methadone as an aide because it is being closely monitored and because it is easier to slowly start weaning yourself down one little miligram at a time.

I would know. I have done it and I am not a junkie or a known junkie. Nor have I ever lived on the street. I graduated from college, I work and worked full time in a mgmt position, I come from a good family, my own dad is a Federal Judge so perhaps before you start making generalized statements you should think about what you are going to say and perhaps educated yourself about the issue first.

If you go to the 4 case down and look at the second case you will see there is a case with health and welfare against both Ehrlick and Jenkins for child support

https://www.idcourts.us/repository/partyResults.do

Thanks to CarrieBean and Idaho-Native for the sleuthing. Unfortunately, it makes CPS look even more incompetent and useless considering the affadavit in the custody hearing and the eventual fracturing of the infant's skull. :mad:

My brain was frazzled too Underdog and I also emailed the reporter just to get some clarification. :blowkiss:

I just received this back from reporter regarding MJ and Daniel Ehrick..

Ceci,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It was a terrible mistake on my part. Daniel Ehrlick is, of course, not Melissa Jenkins brother. Police say he is her boyfriend. Horrible mistake. No excuses. We will fix it immediately. Thank you for holding us accountable. I will make sure things like this do not happen again.

Paul

Correction: Methadone is not just given to 'junkies'. People from all walks of life can become addicted to painkillers, heroine and other opiate based substances that can cause a profound addiction. Methadone treatment is very strict. You usually have to come every day to get your dose. There are high levels of achievement with using Methadone as an aide because it is being closely monitored and because it is easier to slowly start weaning yourself down one little miligram at a time.

I would know. I have done it and I am not a junkie or a known junkie. Nor have I ever lived on the street. I graduated from college, I work and worked full time in a mgmt position, I come from a good family, my own dad is a Federal Judge so perhaps before you start making generalized statements you should think about what you are going to say and perhaps educated yourself about the issue first.

I don't think the poster meant that methadone is used exclusively for junkies, just that it CAN be used for junkies.

I certainly did not intend to offend anyone on our boards.
I congratulate you for your success. :clap:That says a lot about you and your ability to overcome obstacles.

My statement comes from experience with 2 family members, both by the way college educated. One had a painkiller addiction (as a result of previous surgeries) and the other actually used herione, then thought he wasn't so bad when he went to smoking crack cocaine-would straighten himself out for short periods and then return to it. BOTH went for counseling to the same place in Ocala,FL to pick up a month supply of methadone. They returned twice a month for real sit down 'counseling'. My younger cousin was successful in overcoming his pain killer addiction and is quite proud of that. My older cousin on the other hand, didn't do well and was kept on the program for 2 whole years. I'm guessing they dropped him?, he would never talk about about his problem. Ended up in the streets and is messed up from what we hear.

ETA: I think many years ago the term junkie referred to those persons using heroine. More recently though, average people and doctors alike refer to those who are addicted to any of the opiates as 'pill junkies' and includes those who smoke crack cocaine and meth..

I certainly did not intend to offend anyone on our boards.
I congratulate you for your success. :clap:That says a lot about you and your ability to overcome obstacles.

My statement comes from experience with 2 family members, both by the way college educated. One had a painkiller addiction (as a result of previous surgeries) and the other actually used herione, then thought he wasn't so bad when he went to smoking crack cocaine-would straighten himself out for short periods and then return to it. BOTH went for counseling to the same place in Ocala,FL to pick up a month supply of methadone. They returned twice a month for real sit down 'counseling'. My younger cousin was successful in overcoming his pain killer addiction and is quite proud of that. My older cousin on the other hand, didn't do well and was kept on the program for 2 whole years. I'm guessing they dropped him?, he would never talk about about his problem. Ended up in the streets and is messed up from what we hear.

ETA: I think many years ago the term junkie referred to those persons using heroine. More recently though, average people and doctors alike refer to those who are addicted to any of the opiates as 'pill junkies' and includes those who smoke crack cocaine and meth..

As I said to you in the PM I apologize for quickly posting and using only an emotional reaction. Going back and re-reading I definitely came off harsher than I intended. I (obviously) get a little sensitive about because of the stigma that can come along with struggling with addiction, going through recovery, etc, etc.

My apologies to everyone for spouting off first and thinking later. I don't want to hi-jack Robert's thread because I am insecure about some facets of my past.

BTW - how lucky were your 2 family members that only had to go monthly. Just going and having to stand in that line with some pretty rough people every day is enough to get you clean.

Thanks for posting......:blowkiss:

(((((gaia227))))) (((((FifthEssence)))))

You guys are both very valuable posters. And gaia - I too congratulate you on your recovery. Just another testament to your strong and compassionate character.

Nuff said - Back on topic - I don't think I really have anything to add this morning except I just watched the JVM video posted above and I have to say - I agree we have to start educating people. I think it should be done at the high school level. All freshmen/sophomore kids need to be educated about domestic violence and signs of abuse. The girls also need to be educated that "he made me do it" is NO longer an excuse. I know every case is different and I know that sometimes "he made me do it" can be a legitimate defense, but generally speaking, girls need to understand that they have to stand up for themselves and they have to recognize warning signs of domestic violence and REMOVE themselves from the situation before things get out of control.

I also know that women can be the abuser. I do not subscribe to the theory that women are always the victim. Some women are the perps. We, as a society, need to start recognizing that.

Off my soapbox now :)

Salem

In the case of women being battered by their spouse or bf's, we can see the song "Stand By Your Man" (Tammy Wynette) does NOT apply.

Back to young Robert, I think LE is putting the pieces in order, crossing their t's, dotting those i's as many have noted. In the meantime, they are probably hoping one of the two characters spill the beans (before they acquire legal representation) so they are able to gather more detail as to exactly what happen that evening.

They are both aware they are under the magnifying glass although neither has been officially called a suspect or POI. Time to talk.

gaia227 and FifthEssence:
Thank to both of you for being on WS threads.
And thanks to both of you for seeing clearly that there
was no intent to judge another by words.

ot:btw:
methadone can be given to those in chronic pain. something i just learned from my daughter who has been in chronic pain from two back surgeries in the last 20 years.
she did not choose to take it.

Boy I hope they make an arrest(s) today. It would be a fitting day, the thunder outiside right now is ominous and been going on all night long. Was so loud it woke me up twice last night and once this morning. You can hear it travel across the boise valley.
People are angry and emotional here....they want justice. I hope this goes quickly...

I don't want whoever did this running the streets.

I'm speculate that LE has established a pretty strong timeline that could go something like this if MJ was at work:::
Robert last seen around 7:30 going to his apartment.
Robert has tragic event in the apt.,
Daniel calls his brother to find a way to move Robert (baby was also in Daniel's care)
David takes Wallis vehicle, both or one of them puts Robert in along with cleaning materials and dumps in Wallis' or area trash cans.
Takes Robert to canal.
All this could have taken place before MJ got home. Or, if she was to arrive, he could tell her to look for Robert, and while she's doing that, he could say he's out driving around looking for him, too, when he's really trying to cover up what happened as fast as possible.
I think he assumed they'd search the canal early on, and Robert would appear to have accidently drowned. A person that afraid of being caught, before allowing reasoning to set in, isn't motivated much by logic. I think it's said that's why a criminal makes at least 25 mistakes.

http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10856556&nav=menu439_4

It may not be too long before a suspect is in custody, considering police seem to have a good bead on either who did or did not kill Manwill.

"There remains no evidence that Robert was abducted by a stranger," said Kerns.

Clearly, it's a statement that indicates there are signs of some sort that the boy was murdered by someone he knew -- an acquaintance, a friend, or even a family member.

Waiting for justice is hard, but I want whoever did this to be punished and not get off on some technicality. And I'm not a patient personal generally speaking.

Jim Kerns seems incredibly grounded and not intimidated by the national publicity this case has received. I admire his ability to make a statement and leave it at that. Although personally, I'd like more facts released, what I'd like doesn't matter one bit.

I admire the way he and his fellow LE officers are handling this case.

All just my opinion.

Waiting for justice is hard, but I want whoever did this to be punished and not get off on some technicality. And I'm not a patient personal generally speaking.

Jim Kerns seems incredibly grounded and not intimidated by the national publicity this case has received. I admire his ability to make a statement and leave it at that. Although personally, I'd like more facts released, what I'd like doesn't matter one bit.

I admire the way he and his fellow LE officers are handling this case.

All just my opinion.

Great post! :clap:

That is what I see, too...

The arm in question appears as though it has a white sleeve on it, coming up from the ground. I looked at the other arms, legs etc, and they all seem to go to an officer. The one arm with band does not have a glove like the officers. You can see the fingers.

http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10856556&nav=menu439_4

It may not be too long before a suspect is in custody, considering police seem to have a good bead on either who did or did not kill Manwill.

"There remains no evidence that Robert was abducted by a stranger," said Kerns.

Clearly, it's a statement that indicates there are signs of some sort that the boy was murdered by someone he knew -- an acquaintance, a friend, or even a family member.
Sorry Paintr
I just now seen your link posted. I'll delete mine. Thanks!:blowkiss:

Im still trying to figure out what happened because I can't figure out WHY someone would kill this darling little boy..I have a question that maybe one of you could answer because I can't seem to find the answer...The little toddler that Daniel was not supposed to be alone with...Was that baby a girl?? I'm thinking maybe Robert came home and saw something he wasnt supposed to see and that was the reason he was murdered. To keep him quiet....Just my opinion...

Im still trying to figure out what happened because I can't figure out WHY someone would kill this darling little boy..I have a question that maybe one of you could answer because I can't seem to find the answer...The little toddler that Daniel was not supposed to be alone with...Was that baby a girl?? I'm thinking maybe Robert came home and saw something he wasnt supposed to see and that was the reason he was murdered. To keep him quiet....Just my opinion...

That was a little girl whos parents were MJ and a Mr.Ames (forget his first name) That little girl lived with her father and was not there when this happened.

I believe the baby girl lives with her father...
Robert lives with his dad...
The baby boy was just given back to them 2 months ago...

That was a little girl whos parents were MJ and a Mr.Ames (forget his first name) That little girl lived with her father and was not there when this happened.

I believe the baby girl lives with her father...
Robert lives with his dad...
The baby boy was just given back to them 2 months ago...

OK, Thanks...So, it was the little boy that had the fractured skull that was back with them...I just wish none of them would have been with them...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89