ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The toddler was a girl - she was two and half I think in 2008 when the skull fracturing incident occurred (so she may be three by now). I believe her father (Ames) got full custody of her since then, however. The toddler that Daniel was watching was Aiden, the baby whose skull was fractured. He would be about 18 months old at this time (incident happened about 10 months ago - in Oct. 2008 - and he was 8 or 9 months old then so I'm guessing he's about a year and half now). According to one of the neighbors, the baby was returned to Melissa's care about 2 months ago (which is absolutely crazy imo).

Edit: I don't know for sure when Ames was awarded full custody of the little girl - it may have been before the baby was injured?

Edit#2: "Ehrlick Jr. also has been barred from being around Jenkins' daughter, not from anything he did, but because the father, Raymond Ames, said he didn't like him or want him around the toddler. The girl lived with Melissa Jenkins until Ames got custody last year."

source: http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepiece/v-print/story/857401.html

So, still not entirely clear whether it was before or after but it might make sense that the judge allowed Ames full custody after Jenkins was charged with felony injury to a child...

Every time I look at Robert's sweet face I just want to hug him. This is so sad.... how could some harm that little boy? I don't understand at all how gutter rats can do these things... or why women have gutter rats as partners (perhaps because they are part gutter rat themselves?)

One thing that needs to change is how fathers are treated in the court and social services systems. Mothers automatically get custody and the father has to hire a lawyer and pay all kinds of fees if he wants to fight it. Many fathers can't afford a lawyer (heck! who can?). The courts and social services need to look at both parents objectively and decide where the child would be better off. Since so many women pick up gutter rats to keep as bedroom pets seems obvious that the father should simply have to REPORT and prove the mother's irresponsible care of the children and they are taken from her and given to the father - without him having to hire a lawyer (for example, produce the boyfriends criminal record). Make her hire a lawyer or make it so they don't even need lawyers. File the papers, allow witness testimony/statements, and personal interview with the child. I personally know of a situation where the kids hate the mom's boyfriend but nothing the dad can do as he gets no help from the courts or social services. In fact, he has been told by social services that the child has to have an injury and say the boyfriend caused it before they will take any action. Now how awful is that?

The toddler was a girl - she was two and half I think in 2008 when the skull fracturing incident occurred (so she may be three by now). I believe her father (Ames) got full custody of her since then, however. The toddler than Daniel was watching was Aiden, the baby whose skull was fractured. He would be about 18 months old at this time (incident happened about 10 months ago - in Oct. 2008 - and he was 8 or 9 months old then so I'm guessing he's about a year and half now). According to one of the neighbors, the baby was returned to Melissa's care about 2 months ago (which is absolutely crazy imo).

So TWO of her kids suffered skull fractures?

Im still trying to figure out what happened because I can't figure out WHY someone would kill this darling little boy..I have a question that maybe one of you could answer because I can't seem to find the answer...The little toddler that Daniel was not supposed to be alone with...Was that baby a girl?? I'm thinking maybe Robert came home and saw something he wasnt supposed to see and that was the reason he was murdered. To keep him quiet....Just my opinion...

Daniel was ordered to not be alone with the girl because her FATHER didn't like him or trust him. The daughter has been in custody of her FATHER for a while now.

Well, we know that sometime between 7:30pm (when he was seen by his little friend) and 9:00pm (when MJ got home) Robert was killed and his body removed from the premises. Poor darling.

Once again, a child is dead at the hands of an abusive mother and her live in criminal bf. despite his father getting custody to protect him from both of them. The court still ordered visitation with the nut-ball mother. Will this never end?

OK, Thanks...So, it was the little boy that had the fractured skull that was back with them...I just wish none of them would have been with them...JMO

I agree 100%. I also agree that DE tried to keep Robert quiet about something. My guess is it had to do with drugs. Robert may have said he was going to tell his Dad or something. DE lost control and battered the child. I think it was likely a fit of rage and not a premeditated murder. I also think the cover up involved 4 other individuals and Robert was hastily taken to the rental in one vehicle and the materials used in the clean up were taken with another vehicle. The body was prepared for submergence in the canal at the rental and driven to an isolated, rural location. By Friday afternoon, he was in the canal. JMO.

If you look down at the man in the green shirt on the right hand side , the one kneeling down, and then look between him and the man in the blue shirt torwards the ground it is forming a V there, ( I believe these are Roberts arms) right in the middle of that V. I can see blonde hair and a face right there.

Sorry if this was already answered. The "arm" you are talking about on the left, I think is Robert's with the black band. The one on the right looks like it has a little bit of green colored sleeve at the very top, so I think it belongs to the guy with the green shirt.
JMO

Who killed Robert? "We will find out who did this"
01:44 PM MDT on Thursday, August 6, 2009
<snipped>
The case started to rapidly change on Thursday 30th. That night, police began searching the Jenkins' Boise Bench apartment, removing materials from the home, including cabinets, computers and more. Police also towed a vehicle from the complex.

The next day, just as thousands of volunteers were scouring the city, police announced a change in tone to the public. Kerns told the media that police believed Robert "was the victim of a tragic event."

Then, late in the day, police responded to a home on Southdale Street in Ada County, and began probing dirt in the home's backyard in some sort of search.

The next day, that search was abruptly called off - and very few details came out until the discovery of Manwill's body near Kuna in the New York Canal Monday.

KTVB spoke with the family of Ehrlick, Jenkins' live-in boyfriend.

Since the boy&#8217;s disappearance, he's been in and out of the hospital for unspecified treatments, according to family.

A vigil is scheduled to be held on Shoshone St. at Cherry Ln. It will take place Friday at 8 p.m., and the community is invited to attend.

VIDEO: Community remembers Robert
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=386803

Article:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0509-manwill_confirmation.afe90bdd.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Manwill family to speak to media; memorial planned
Published: 08/06/09
<snipped>
A memorial service Robert Manwill, the 8-year-old boy who went missing July 24 and whose body was found Monday in a canal near Kuna, will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday at Cloverdale Funeral Home, 1200 North Cloverdale Road, between Fairview Avenue and Franklin Road. The public is invited.

A spokesman for the funeral home said they are preparing for possibly hundreds of members of the community to attend the service.

The family plans to brief the media at 6 p.m. today.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/857955.html
Who killed Robert Manwill?
Story Created: Aug 5, 2009 at 6:18 PM MDT
Story Updated: Aug 6, 2009 at 9:04 AM MDT
<snipped>
Boise Police now say Robert Manwill's death was no accident and are now treating his case as homicide.

Speaking at a press briefing on Wednesday evening, Boise Police Chief Deputy Jim Kerns said "Justice will not be denied for Robert." Kerns said the justice system demands investigations like this one be thorough and methodical.

He says the police cannot compromise legal procedures with the premature release of details.

Daniel Ehrlick, Jr. is the boyfriend of Robert's Mother, Melissa Jenkins. His father, Daniel Ehrlick, Sr., told CBS 2 that his granddaughter told him that his son is being treated at Intermountain Hospital - a psychiatric care facility in Boise.

Police have not named any suspects, and no one is in custody.

VIDEO: Who killed Robert Manwill?
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52555322.html?video=YHI&t=a

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52555322.html
VIDEO: The Investigation Continues 1:42
http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/vi...lipFormat=flv&clipId1=4016258&at1=News&h1=The Investigation Continues&flvUri=
'10 days for a body to float to Cloverdale Road'
Story Created: Aug 6, 2009 at 10:28 AM MDT
Story Updated: Aug 6, 2009 at 10:42 AM MDT
<snipped>
Paul Devau, project manager for Boise Project Board of Control, says it is possible for a body to float the 14 miles from where Robert was last seen at his mother&#8217;s home, to where his body was found.

&#8216;It takes about 10 days for a body to get from Boise to Cloverdale Road,&#8221; Devau said.

Ten days is the time from when Robert was last seen to when his body was pulled from the water near Cloverdale Road.

Devau also said there is only one set of body gates at Cloverdale Road and they were never dropped.

Devau believes if the body was severely decomposed, it would have been in the water a long time.

"The body would have been underwater for most of the time," Devau said.

Devau also said a body in the canal would not get tangled or stuck in any debris.

Unnoticed, it could have just kept on floating downstream.

VIDEO: '10 days for a body to float to Cloverdale Road'
http://www.2news.tv/news/52589612.html?video=YHI&t=a

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/52589612.html

:angel:

Well, we know that sometime between 7:30pm (when he was seen by his little friend) and 9:00pm (when MJ got home) Robert was killed and his body removed from the premises. Poor darling.

Once again, a child is dead at the hands of an abusive mother and her live in criminal bf. despite his father getting custody to protect him from both of them. The court still ordered visitation with the nut-ball mother. Will this never end?

I think all we know is that he was seen by his friend at 7:30.

I haven't ruled out the mother at all, and I'm not sure when she got home. I've seen it reported that she said she got home at 9.

I believe it was 10 p.m. (10:11 p.m. according to link below) when he was reported missing to LE. That leaves a big window: 7:30 to 10:11 p.m.

IMO

ETA: This is my time line source. http://www.idahostatesman.com/robertmanwill/story/857386.html

ETA: Am I wrong and the mother's return to the apartment was confirmed?

Sorry if this was already answered. The "arm" you are talking about on the left, I think is Robert's with the black band. The one on the right looks like it has a little bit of green colored sleeve at the very top, so I think it belongs to the guy with the green shirt.
JMO

I missed this link??? are you talking about a recent photo?

Please do NOT post full names of witnesses. Use intitials only. If you see a post with a witness's full name, please hit the alert button to notify a moderator. This is to protect witnesses. Thanks!

Hoppy

I am just now getting on today for a lil bit and was hoping I'd see an arrest. I'm sure we'll have one soon. BF seems to move to much and agree too much in press conferences for me.....kind of like, I'm doing what I should. MELISSA looks sad and at the same time has an "I'm screwed" look. In my opinion and I've been wrong before. I don't think MELISSA could cover up and move body and all that by herself, so bf is involved, and I think he is responsible for the death. In my opinion and all that.

Any word on a funeral/memorial???

Daniel Ehrlick, Jr. is the boyfriend of Robert's Mother, Melissa Jenkins. His father, Daniel Ehrlick, Sr., told CBS 2 that his granddaughter told him that his son is being treated at Intermountain Hospital - a psychiatric care facility in Boise.

So it sounds like the boyfriend is already preparing for an insanity plea!

http://www.momlogic.com/2009/08/enough_is_enough_we_must_protect_kids_now_robert_manwill.php

Dr. Michelle Golland: We should all be disgusted with our nation's lack of funding for the basic care and safety of our most precious and vulnerable natural resource: our children. When I read that the family of 8-year-old Robert Manwill, the boy whose body was just found floating in a canal near his mother's home, has open cases of child abuse, I was outraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela