ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
checking to see if there were any arrests yet....

It is 2009 for crying out loud how are all of these children missing and being killed without anyone to be held accountable yet.....

It is disgusting...to say the least

http://www.idahostatesman.com/robertmanwill/story/858539.html

PUBLIC SERVICES SET

- Candlelight vigil, 8 p.m. Friday, near the corner of Shoshone Street and Cherry Lane, Boise.

- Racing dedicated to Robert, Meridian Speedway, Saturday, 335 S. Main St. in Meridian. Gates open at 4 p.m. and racing begins at 6:30 p.m.

- Funeral services, 2 p.m. Sunday, Cloverdale Funeral Home, 1200 N. Cloverdale Road, Boise.

Public reaches out during crisis
Story Created: Aug 7, 2009 at 5:04 PM MDT
Story Updated: Aug 7, 2009 at 5:16 PM MDT
<snipped>
Praise for the community's support during the search for Robert Manwill, 8, of Boise, has come from all corners, and not only for the way people responded to the missing boy but also how the public rallied around the Ryan Stockdale family.

When police needed volunteers to help search for the missing boy whose body was ultimately found Monday in a canal, the public answered the call in an unprecedented way: more than two thousand people showed up.

And throughout Robert's ordeal, the public response has made Boise's finest proud.

"Citizens have been incredibly supportive of our efforts," said Deputy Chief Jim Kerns with the Boise Police Department. "We appreciate their efforts more than words can say."

VIDEO: Public reaches out during crisis
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52695217.html?video=YHI&t=a

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52695217.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATED: Public invited to remember boy who loved life
Story Created: Aug 6, 2009 at 4:20 PM MDT
Story Updated: Aug 7, 2009 at 8:56 AM MDT
<snipped>
The family has set up a website on Myspace for the community to learn more about Robert. On his Myspace page they wrote:

"Robert loved to meet new people and make new friends. He was so outgoing that we had to make new rules just for him. One of his rules was that he had to ask before he hugged someone. He loved life and people so much that he would run up to strangers and give them hugs."

On Friday night a community wide vigil is being held across the street from Robert's mother's apartment. Robert's family says they plan to attend the service that is currently being organized by several members of the community.

Dark clouds soon followed the news Wednesday that police are now calling 8-year-old Robert Manwill, missing since July 24, the victim of a homicide.

While police now conduct a criminal investigation, the community continued with preparations for a public memorial for Robert Friday evening at 8 p.m.

VIDEO: Public invited to remember boy who loved life
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52611792.html?video=YHI&t=a

Robert Manwill Myspace Page:
http://www.myspace.com/meetrobertmanwill

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52611792.html

:angel:

I also thought it was strange to put that in there about him having a temper. What child doesn't have a temper, or what person for that matter? They can't possibly be throwing that our there as a way to explain why someone he knew (an adult, by the way) might have come down on him so hard that they KILLED him, can they???

My thoughts exactly. Wonder who that was that put that in there? I noticed too about the mother reading him Harry Potter books. Wonder if it was her that put that in there or the aunt? Who knows. I just thought it was put out there for the benefit of covering someone's *advertiser censored* in some bizarre way. It's hard to understand someones logic sometimes.

Look at his eyes in pic #53 I want to see grief..But I see emptiness..almost drugged out..

http://www.idahostatesman.com/397/gallery/848267.html

There's this funny little thing I do (my husband teases me about it - especially if I do it while watching someone on TV - and I guess it does look funny) - while watching a video of someone speaking, or at a news conference, or on the television giving a speech, or just looking at a picture of someone, for that matter - if you take your hand, and cover the lower part of their face and just look at their eyes, (and if they are speaking, completely tune out what they are saying) - and read what *their eyes (and brows) are saying, I often find that you can get a sense of what that person is *really thinking at that moment, for example, if they are really passionate about what they're talking about, if they're sincere about what they are saying, if they're just repeating memorized words and their mind is elsewhere, if they are actually angry, upset, bored, afraid,or guilty.

I did this while viewing the first few pressers w/MJ & BF - and it's chilling!

I wonder if MJ has plans to attend the candlelight vigil for her son this evening?

Why doesn't Melissa say anything??? C'mon....an arrest can't be too soon for me. Blessings for those protecting the memorial and racing and arranging the funeral.

Why doesn't Melissa say anything??? C'mon....an arrest can't be too soon for me. Blessings for those protecting the memorial and racing and arranging the funeral.

DITTO! What are they waiting for? that july 29th presser i was talking about earlier. Blow it up...and look at that b/f forearm that's attached to melissa's hand...blow it up and look at it. THAT MY FRIENDS is a bruise and a deep one if I ever saw one. Please take a look. What's that monster still running the street for? If he's even still around. I almost started crying again when I watched it again for the millionth time. It's evidence. I'm sure of it. God this makes me sick to my stomach everytime I think of what he must have done to that sweet little boy. He's guilty .....guilty guilty.

Do what the poster said about covering up part of his face and watch his body...he just about squeezes her fingers off. Arrest him already!:furious:

Is anyone local going to the vigil on friday night? If so please come back and let us know about it. Thank you in advance.

There's this funny little thing I do (my husband teases me about it - especially if I do it while watching someone on TV - and I guess it does look funny) - while watching a video of someone speaking, or at a news conference, or on the television giving a speech, or just looking at a picture of someone, for that matter - if you take your hand, and cover the lower part of their face and just look at their eyes, (and if they are speaking, completely tune out what they are saying) - and read what *their eyes (and brows) are saying, I often find that you can get a sense of what that person is *really thinking at that moment, for example, if they are really passionate about what they're talking about, if they're sincere about what they are saying, if they're just repeating memorized words and their mind is elsewhere, if they are actually angry, upset, bored, afraid,or guilty.

I did this while viewing the first few pressers w/MJ & BF - and it's chilling!

Thank you. I'll try that. I do something similar-- I cover the right side of the face, and then the left side. Odd how you can often see two different emotions in a person.

DITTO! What are they waiting for? that july 29th presser i was talking about earlier. Blow it up...and look at that b/f forearm that's attached to melissa's hand...blow it up and look at it. THAT MY FRIENDS is a bruise and a deep one if I ever saw one. Please take a look. What's that monster still running the street for? If he's even still around. I almost started crying again when I watched it again for the millionth time. It's evidence. I'm sure of it. God this makes me sick to my stomach everytime I think of what he must have done to that sweet little boy. He's guilty .....guilty guilty.

Do what the poster said about covering up part of his face and watch his body...he just about squeezes her fingers off. Arrest him already!:furious:

Is this the photo you are referring to? If so, I was interested in just what it was as well, I blew it up, added some contrast, and sharpened it a touch and to me it now appears to be a very amateur bar room type tattoo of some sort. Perhaps other photos are available that shows it more clearly. Good eye, and I'm simply guessing that it is a tattoo.

attachment.php

Perhaps a crude skull??
attachment.php

Attachments

• tattoo.jpg
    tattoo.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 258
Thank you. I'll try that. I do something similar-- I cover the right side of the face, and then the left side. Odd how you can often see two different emotions in a person.

Yep! You're right! I do that too!

Can anyone tell me whether Melissa arriving home around 9 was verified by someone (other than BF)?

Many of the reports I read (news stories) said that Robert was last seen around 9:30 p.m. leaving his mother's apartment. If she returned at 9, and Robert left apartment at 9:30, then she must have seen him.

I'm asking because I am not sure how much Melissa was involved -- in the murder or in the coverup only or not at all.

Body language says allot!!!! Fascinating study.........IMO

Comment under story:
Source - http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10866238&nav=menu439_2

Snip from complete comment below (bold, underline, and italics added by myself)

My name is DL [full name in comment link], owner of D.L. INVESTIGATING LLC. here in Boise. We worked on the Rachael Walsh case in Meridian last year, and we offered our services to robert Manwill's mother as well but received no response after numerous attempts. The case in Meridain was done FREE of charge and the Manwill case was also offered at no charge. We wish to help our community in the future by offering all missing persons cases Free of charge, we specialize in these types of investigations and do not want to see this type of thing happen again.

My comment:
Not sure if this has already been posted, but thought it interesting enough to share regardless.

I'm hoping a funeral home will step up and provide most of it or what they can for free. I know times are tough and I like how the donation is being handled. Pay for a funeral then the rest goes to the Ronald McDonald house. Not for anyones boat or jewelry.

Waiting for news on an arrest(s).....(((thumping fingers as I wait)))
This town came up with 84k cash for a man who needed surgery the week before Robert went missing. It took 2 days to raise that money so I would like to hope the community can somehow help give this little boy a nice final resting place. He very much deserves it

FYI: At 9PM they are doing a balloon launch & his family is coming out soon!

His Aunt is the only one who has spoken so far.

:angel:

Is the KTVB link working for you guys? It just keeps saying it's connecting for me (for almost 5 minutes).

Anyone have another link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member