ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can they say they are investigating the case as a homicidewhen they have unknown cause of death?

Oh I agree they are just making sure everything is done so nothing can be thrown out for any reason. I just really expected an arrest since it was rumored he was released from the hospital today. He is serious flight risk and I would think that unless they have a warrant they cant sit outside his door. Could he call harassment and tell them if they arent going to make a charge then they need to not sit at his doorstep? Not saying they are literally sitting at the door, but if they suspect he is even the slightest flight or suicide risk they will watch over him every second
If he is their number one person of interest, they are free to monitor him however they see fit. They can openly follow him, sit in front of his house, and put all kinds of pressure on him. No, he cannot say it is harassment as long as they keep their distance. No warrant is neccesary for them to become his shadow. ;)

Nancy's talking about the discrepencies in the timeline, including the little girl Robert was playing with who saw him leave for his mother's apartment around 7:30pm. Also a statement the mother's boyfriend & mother made about a birthday party he may have gone to. Reporter from Idaho Statesman also quoting the news conference and LE's statements.

How can they say they are investigating the case as a homicidewhen they have unknown cause of death?
Because they don't believe Robert wandered up the hill to the canal and accidentally fell in the water?

We are all pretty sure we know who is responsible for this. But, we all know it's all about evidence and until they have all of this pieced together without a shadow of a doubt, which is what I'm sure they want to have a cut and dry case so they can prosecute whoever did this and push for maxium sentence. They can't leave any holes or unanswered questions...they need to have all forensic information to do this. This could take a while unless there is a confession of sorts...
I mean think how long it takes to get dna testing done? It will be at least that long.
We all knew it wasn't an accident but hearing him say that somehow just confirms what we were all fearing. It made me cry. Poor little boy. I just can't believe someone could do it. What monsters.

I think they know more about the cause of death then they are letting on. Also if there really were anchor marks as indicated then that would be a giveaway no matter what the cause of death was

If his body showed definite signs of being anchored down, they know it was a homicide even if they can't tell if a strangulation or drowning occurred yet. If his body showed definite signs of trauma, they need to wait to see if any of those injuries were fatal. Chances are very good they do know the probable COD, but have to wait on toxicology results before they can state it for certain.

Sue Moss bringing up the point that this birthday party was supposed to be at 9:30pm and what 8 y/o would be going to one so late at night.

I think they know more about the cause of death then they are letting on. Also if there really were anchor marks as indicated then that would be a giveaway no matter what the cause of death was

Thanks, I hadn't read or heard about the anchor marks.

I am very angry right now that we as a civilized society still allow morons to be near children who will harm them. There is no such thing as a throw away child and that is what they are doing - there is no excuse - nada - none - no child is a throw away.

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree and I believe he must have been weighted down in order not to be found sooner. MOO

If he is their number one person of interest, they are free to monitor him however they see fit. They can openly follow him, sit in front of his house, and put all kinds of pressure on him. No, he cannot say it is harassment as long as they keep their distance. No warrant is neccesary for them to become his shadow. ;)

But in order to do all of that do they have to officially announce that he is the person of interest? I suppose maybe they have told him that, but I would have thought if it was said it would have leaked out by now. I still cant help but think he could possibly be a suicide risk. He is a coward and it would not surprise me if he did or does try it.

I just dont even know anymore.....

I really need to stop following these cases. At least once a week my husband finds me bawling and looks at me like I've 'lost it'.
How can children be killed on a regular basis ?
I'm always surprised when I mention one of these cases to a close friend of mine and she hasn't even heard of it. She seems a heck of a lot happier than me also.
It keeps happening and there's nothing we can do about it.
These killers used to be children, wth is happening in our society that we can have so many selfish, sadistic people running around ?
My son is 9 and he tells me he loves me at least 5 times a day, he's not even embarassed to kiss me goodbye in front of his friends. I can't imagine not having that. Kinda reminds me of the descriptions of Robert. How, how, how can someone do this ?

Bumping a few things from threads 1-3 & also the thread closed just as I was posting a few new articles!

*NEW PHOTOS: Robert Manwill home to New York Canal 08-05-2009
http://www.idahostatesman.com/397/gallery/857057.html

Added For Reference:
VIDEO: 8/4 Robert Manwill Press Conference 2:20
Boise Deputy Police Chief Jim Kerns said local police and federal investigators remain dedicated to "finding answers" for 8-year-old Robert Manwill's family and the Treasure Valley community that has come together in the 11 days since the boy was reported missing July 24.
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5447313

VIDEO: 08/03/2009 Robert Manwill update 3:47
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5432054

VIDEO: 08/02/09 Robert Manwill Update 5:33
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5405891

VIDEO: 08/01/09 Robert Manwill missing update 6:05
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5392605

VIDEO: 07/31/09 Robert Manwill missing update 3:32
Boise police update their investigation into the disappearance of 8-year-old Robert Manwill with information that the boy may be a victim of a crime.
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5375879

VIDEO: Robert Manwill missing update 07/29/09 5:04
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5346057

VIDEO: June 27: Robert Manwill police press conference 5:08
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5325484&item_index=&genre_id=00001845
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Group plans walk in honor of Robert Manwill
Story Created: Aug 5, 2009 at 3:25 PM MDT
Story Updated: Aug 5, 2009 at 3:25 PM MDT
<snipped>
While many are remembering eight-year-old Robert Manwill through the sidewalk memorial near his mom's apartment in Boise, still others have new ways to honor his memory.

Some are organzing a walk for Robert Saturday morning at 9 a.m. -- 11 loops from the New York Canal at Vista Avenue around the apartment complex and memorial and back.

"We're considering it 11 laps for the 11 days he was missing before we found him," said Monica Dalton, co-organizer of the walk for Robert.

Those interested in taking part can meet by the Jackson's at the top of the hill near Vista Avenue.

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52546027.html
Body positively ID'ed as Manwill; news conf. set
04:41 PM MDT on Wednesday, August 5, 2009
<snipped>
A news conference is set for 6 p.m. at Boise Police headquarters in Boise, where they say there will be a &#8220;significant development,&#8221; but would not detail what that was.

Robert&#8217;s aunt and uncle spoke with NewsChannel 7 Wednesday and said they were holding out hope that the tentative ID was wrong &#8211; and they have held off making funeral arrangements.

That will likely change in the wake of Wednesday's news of a positive confirmation.

KTVB also spoke with the family of Daniel Ehrlick, Jr., the boyfriend who lives with Robert's mom.

Since the boy&#8217;s disappearance, he's been in and out of the hospital for unspecified treatments.

He's been out of the public eye since last Thursday when he attended news conferences with Robert's mother, Melissa Jenkins.

Ehrlick's father didn't want to answer questions on camera, but said "this has torn our family apart and there's no one who can put us back together."

Article:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0509-manwill_confirmation.afe90bdd.html
Police will release 'significant development' in Manwill case
August 5, 2009
<snipped>
Boise police plan to announce a "significant development" in the Robert Manwill case at 6 p.m. today.

The Ada County coroner's office verified this afternoon that the body found in the New York Canal at East Deer Flat Road near Kuna is missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill. The coroner confirmed Manwill's identity through forensic dental identification. The primary cause of death and the nature of the death have not been determined pending investigation.

Check back for more information.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-05-Police-will-release-significant-development-in-Manwill-case
Watch the Boise Police News Conference about Robert Manwill at 6PM today
August 5, 2009
<snipped>
Boise, Idaho -- Watch our live coverage of the news conference about Robert Manwill. We will stream the News conference on Fox12Idaho.com at 6PM on Wednesday, August 5th. The link to the news conference video will be live at approximately 5 pm.

Article:
http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10854991
Boise police: 'Significant development' in Robert Manwill case; will hold press conference at 6 p.m.
Published: 08/05/09
<snipped>
Boise police say they have a "significant development" in the case of Robert Manwill and will hold a press conference at 6 p.m. Wednesday.

In a separate development, the Ada County Coroner Erwin Sonnenberg confirmed the boy found Monday in the New York Canal is 8-year-old Manwill. The confirmation was made using dental records.

Manwill was reported missing to Boise police at 10:11 p.m. July 24 from an Vista Avenue-area apartment complex. Boise police officials have said they have undisclosed evidence indicating that Robert may have been injured and possibly the &#8220;victim of a tragic event."

Check back later for more.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/856948.html
The body of a boy found in an Ada County Canal has been positively identified as 8-year-old Robert Manwill. The coroner's office used forensic dental records to identify the body. Boise Police have scheduled a 6pm press briefings to release what they call a significant development in the case.
Boise Police are calling the death of 8-year-old Robert Manwill a homicide. Police say there is no evidence that he was abducted by a stranger. "Justice will not be denied for Robert Manwill," Chief Deputy Jim Kerns Said.
Police: Investigators believe Manwill's death homicide
August 5, 2009
<snipped>
Boise police have determined that they do not believe the death of Robert Manwill was an accident and are investigating the 8-year-old's case as a homicide.

Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said there is no evidence that the boy was abducted by a stranger and that investigators will find out how and when Manwill died.

"Justice will not be denied for Robert Manwill," Kerns said.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-05-Police-Investigators-believe-Manwills-death-homicide
Autopsy shows that Robert Manwill's death was 'not an accident,' Boise police say
Published: 08/05/09
<snipped>
"Justice will not be denied" for Robert Manwill, said Boise Deputy Chief Jim Kerns in a short 6 p.m. press conference Wednesday.

The Ada County Coroner's autopsy showed that the 8-year-old boy's death was "not an accident," he said.

Police "will determine how and when Robert died, and who is responsible," Kerns said.

He said that no evidence exists that Robert was abducted by a stranger.

Kerns said the criminal investigation would proceed "with urgency," but he said the police would "compromise the legal procedures" and the integrity of their case by prematurely releasing details.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/856948.html

:angel:

Manner of death and cause of death are two different things. For instance you have a buried body too decomposed to determine the cause of death but they were bound with rope. An ME can be pretty sure a person didn't bind and bury themselves. This is also the same type determination in Caylee Anthony's death. No COD, but MOD is Homicide.

But in order to do all of that do they have to officially announce that he is the person of interest? I suppose maybe they have told him that, but I would have thought if it was said it would have leaked out by now. I still cant help but think he could possibly be a suicide risk. He is a coward and it would not surprise me if he did or does try it.

I just dont even know anymore.....
No, they don't. As a matter of fact, they can't. Once they declare him a suspect, the rules change. This is part of the reason they use the term POI as it doesn't have any real legal meaning, but addresses a person they wish to speak with about a certain crime.

I heard a man say the other day on television that cowards aren't the ones who commit suicide. He maintained it takes a lot of guts and conviction to carry it out. He may have a point.

So what if he does if he is guilty of murdering this poor boy? Can I offer him some rope?

I wonder what the boyfriend has been hospitalized for since Robert's disappearance?

My son is 9 and he tells me he loves me at least 5 times a day, he's not even embarassed to kiss me goodbye in front of his friends. I can't imagine not having that. Kinda reminds me of the descriptions of Robert. How, how, how can someone do this ?

My oldest is almost 16 and still tells me she loves me in front of all her high school friends. Doesnt matter if its the older boys who play football or her girlfriends that she hangs out with. Like you I cant imagine that. I cant get my head around mothers that give their kids away, much less anyone killing a child. I have always been very close to my kids so this king of thing is something I will never grasp

Thanks all for the updates - I missed the presser - homicide and not a stranger abduction. No surprises but would have liked to hear the determination in LE's voice. The forensics and investigation will be thorough.

Rest in peace Robert - you would have loved playing king of the hill and steal the flag with my boys - damm, why weren't you allowed to live and play like other little boys. CPS (or whoever the agency that was involved) needs to be held accountable along with the murderers. I am very angry right now that we as a civilized society still allow morons to be near children who will harm them. There is no such thing as a throw away child and that is what they are doing - there is no excuse - nada - none - no child is a throw away.
BBM
ITA!! If Robert was protected by CPS, he wouldn't have been there, and be here now. That System failed Robert. IMVOHO!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth