GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and still we wait......I don't mean to make light of the situation but the thing that keeps going through my mind is "you guys sic 'em LE!!!" I believe that they will, in due time. I saw the emotion in Kearns words when he spoke of getting justice for Robert. I don't believe for an instant that he'll let our precious angel down.
It's still so nice though, that even under the cirumstances and waiting for an arrest, Robert is somewhere wonderful right now healthy, safe and happy...and that EVERY day is a party.

Robert all this stuff going on down here doesn't matter. Don't you worry your sweet little self about any of it. You just play now hunny....to your heart's content. Every day for you now will always be the BEST day ever.
God Bless You Robert Grant

I really can't see why the statesman posted names of witnesses. The comment boards on there are out of control with rumor and now they are trying to discredit witnesses. It seems reckless of the paper to release a child's name or even her parents for that matter.
I find it laughable that the one poster mentioned how she heard DE tell the detectives such and such so the little girl must not be telling the truth. Im sorry, but DE has no credibility as far as Im concerned

Looks to me like the general public/family members who want to "control" public opinion... and others on the Statesman comment pages are getting very impatient.
They remind me of a spider nest where starving for information, they begin to canabalize each other. Ewww.
As far at the little girl/witness goes, I'd like to suggest to those who think she is credible, to read up on eye witness testimony by Dr. Elizabeth Loftis. The fact is, no matter how smart anyone is, including children, or how reliable you may think someone is, eye witness testimony is the most unreliable source of information on any given event. Even when people believe they saw what they saw or heard what they heard, perceptions can differ greatly.
I seriously doubt the veracity of the little girl's information in many respects because there are many aspects of her story that just don't fit. I'm sure some of what she said holds water, but there's a lot of little bits that are missing through no fault of her own. In other words, she's not lying like those who posted such on the comments, it's just that there's not enough information.

Looks to me like the general public/family members who want to "control" public opinion... and others on the Statesman comment pages are getting very impatient.
They remind me of a spider nest where starving for information, they begin to canabalize each other. Ewww.
As far at the little girl/witness goes, I'd like to suggest to those who think she is credible, to read up on eye witness testimony by Dr. Elizabeth Loftis. The fact is, no matter how smart anyone is, including children, or how reliable you may think someone is, eye witness testimony is the most unreliable source of information on any given event. Even when people believe they saw what they saw or heard what they heard, perceptions can differ greatly.
I seriously doubt the veracity of the little girl's information in many respects because there are many aspects of her story that just don't fit. I'm sure some of what she said holds water, but there's a lot of little bits that are missing through no fault of her own. In other words, she's not lying like those who posted such on the comments, it's just that there's not enough information.
I do agree that kids often get details mixed up a little. I also agree that it doesnt mean they are lying as much as maybe mistaken. I think that no matter what she had purest intentions. I also know that there isnt a lot of detail to get mixed up when it comes to her last seeing. She simply was playing on a swing with him and about 7:30 is when her parents said she came inside to get her swimming suit on. They had just parted ways right before that and when she came back out and went to the pool she never saw him.

I had her over here last weekend and made a point about not asking her any details. She just mentioned the police talked to her a lot. Now because I haven't asked I am not positive, but I assume that when she went back out to the pool she didnt stop and look for him. Chances are being a kid she was focused on getting to the pool and there were so many other kids and distractions that she may not have even realized that she didnt see him there.

There are a lot of things about this that dont make sense. The biggest thing I can figure out is how that body was removed from the apartment without anyone noticing DE taking something outside.

I had an excellent teacher my senior year who did a staged event to show us how inaccurate eye witness testimony really turns out to be. The students of course weren't aware of this set up except the student that was playing along, but we were all just coming into the classroom and getting seated before the bell rang, everyone having their own conversations. One of the students started acting really irate, told the teacher to F himself and stormed out of the classroom. Teacher left us sitting in stunned silence for a moment and then told everyone to write down what they had just witnessed. Once we had done that the student returned to the class and we were told it was staged.

There were 25 of us I think that witnessed the event, versions varied so wildly it wasn't even funny. Several people reported that the student was late and the teacher had reprimanded him. The student was the first one in the room and the teacher didn't say a word to him. Several people included conversations that didn't happen, one had him throwing his desk out of his way.

25 almost completely useless statements. I think they all had the cohesive theme that the student told the teacher to F himself being as that was the actual moment everyone's focus was on the same thing. But an excellent exercise in how much people try to fill in details that didn't occur to make the story cohesive.

I would be interested to know exactly what would LE have to have in order to have probable cause to arrest someone? Wouldn't finding blood evidence in the home where the perp lives, as well as "positives" (from scent dogs) on a vehicle the perp owned, and on a vehicle that belonged to the best friend of the perp's brother, who had reported it stolen. Also, with the perp being the last person to have known to be with the child, isn't that enough? I know they've made arrests (and convictions) on circumstantial evidence with no body before, so certainly with everything they have, there must be a valid reason that they have not yet charged DE? Even in a hospital, he can be placed under arrest, can he not? If he's still in hospital under "suicide watch", think about this, why wait for him to be discharged, arrested, be put on trial, convicted and executed? Why not spare the public the expense, and let him be a D-I-Y'er. I personally don't need to hear all the grisly details, I have seen and heard enough already. :shakehead:

It would seriously jeopardize the state's case to make an arrest to soon. If all the forensics are not back yet they are going to wait it out. As soon as he is arraigned the clock starts ticking on his right to a speedy trial. It is a common defense move to invoke that right when they think the state is not ready to start a murder trial in 90 days. They know where he is at the moment, he is not a threat to anyone but himself at the moment, if one of those things changes I am sure we will see him hauled in. Or we will see him hauled in on another charge

Still checking in everyday :sonar: for any new news on an arrest & Justice For Robert!

LadyBug :praying: for you, & your loss of a dear friend, as well the family & friends loss too!

I keep the a tab open for any news & check it still every hr or so. I just can't understand what is taking so long. LE seemed to know who/what/where happened.....I'd rather it take longer if it means taking the eveil monster off of the streets forever!

:angel:

bumping up for Robert...

I just can't bear to see him trickle down to the bottom of the thread list.

I am still here also. Waiting for justice day. I promise you Robert is in my heart and I check about every hour. It is difficult to discuss this case not knowing many of the facts. But I'm not going to forget the cute little man that is a promise!

I am still here also. Waiting for justice day. I promise you Robert is in my heart and I check about every hour. It is difficult to discuss this case not knowing many of the facts. But I'm not going to forget the cute little man that is a promise!

Waiting for justice day as well!!! Robert you know who it was...don't worry and play hard sweetie!!

I hate to be stupid, but what is bumping you guys are always talking about? If it means getting more hits on this link---well I'm posting for Robert too.
RIP

I hate to be stupid, but what is bumping you guys are always talking about? If it means getting more hits on this link---well I'm posting for Robert too.
RIP

The threads in the forums are listed by the ones that have most recent posts. So, posting on his thread will "bump" Robert's to the top of the forum:)

Robert seems to be "old news". I followed the link on the Statesman to "Robert Manwill" and the newest article is from last week. I did notice something, though. From the article

Charles Manwill spoke of his family growing by "thousands of people in the last two weeks," and called Boise the true "City of Brotherly Love."

Manwill also expressed confidence in members of the Boise Police Department and FBI, who are working to solve the mystery surrounding Robert's disappearance and death.

"My first reaction was to find the lowlife SOB and make him suffer in oh so many ways for the horrible crime he perpetrated against you," Manwill wrote. "Mom Afton holds me back and reminds me that this family can't afford to lose another member in pointless revenge. Especially since it will not bring you back to us."

I find it interesting he specifies it's a male right after complimenting LE. I would think he is privy to most of the pertinent information from LE, but not all of course. Enough to convince him that it was a "he" that perpetrated this crime.

Idahonative,
I too have wondered how the killer and accomplices managed to remove poor little Robert from the apartment without being noticed.
I've read somewhere that there was blood found on the stairs.
This sort of reminds me of the Stacy Peterson case where Drew and the relative removed a barrel from the house and nobody noticed anything.
My guess is if we timed the plan to action it would only take a couple of minutes to move anything and be unobserved.
I'm hoping LE can track all of the phone calls before, during and after the crime.
I hope your niece can recover from all of this. It's not every day a child is thrust into such a horrible experience.

I'm thinkin seriously 'bout going and punching DE in the nose!!! And yeah, then I'm gonna run like h3ll.

Hold on Robert, here we go punkin.....BUMP!!!

You know it bothers me that no one heard anything. DE isn't in this alone IMO, he wouldn't have even had a car right? Or did he have a car? Anyway I'm thinking that an indictment is going to come down for more than one person. We haven't heard another word from the guy who said his truck went missing, or E's brother. I just wish there were some reporters like Kathy Belich down there digging!

Patience....I know..... Just keep hugging away Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member