GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no arrest! I don't understand it............................

Hoping the delay is for forensic tests, wires, tapping - tying it all with a bow - to ensure conviction.

Neighbors long to know about Robert Manwill investigation
Posted: Aug 17, 2009 10:14 PM EDT
<snipped>
The body of eight-year-old Robert Manwill was found August 3rd.

Now just a few weeks later, still nothing from Boise police as to a potential suspect in his murder.

And now some people in the neighborhood where the boy originally went missing are growing concerned.

"I think everyone's wondering what's going on with the investigation," said Megan Egbert.

Egbert lives just a few blocks away. She's hoping that soon there will be some news from police, if nothing else, but for a little piece of mind.

"The not knowing what happened and especially being close to here -- wanting to think our neighborhood is safe," said Egbert.

Others say they'd like to know, simply because of what they've already been through as neighbors. Many have been personally affected by the ongoing investigation.

"Yeah, it was kind of hard to deal with just because we kept having police come to our house. And like I said, we got searched twice, and the garage and everything. It was fine, we were willing to help and everything, so it was fine, but it was just kind of crazy for the last couple weeks," said Tana Loan, another neighbor.

But so far, detectives are keeping anything they might know very close to the vest.

What they have said has been scant -- that Robert was murdered, that it happened at the hands of someone he knew, and there were signs he was injured at his mother's apartment.

With nothing more to go on, the community is getting restless, and speculation is running wild.

"I think everybody has their ideas. There's a lot of speculation about the family environment -- previous charges," said Egbert.

"I think it should be dealt with, with the family and the police. And once they want to release a story, then they should," Loan added.

Article:
http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10945666&nav=menu439_2_1

:angel:

Justice For Robert!

Finally at least a little bit of information....Poor little angel! :cry:

I'll continue to keep checking everyday for news of an arrest. When I found the above article, my stomach dropped at first....I knew it was a new article, but when I read the headline I wanted to scream.....I was so hoping it was an arrest! :shakehead:

:praying: For Justice & that an arrest is coming soon!

Praying for justice for Robert soon. I just moved to the Boise area this weekend. Hoping to see something happen soon.

Also, just a reminder to anyone in the area about the vigil for missing 23-year-old mother of 3, Stephanie Eldridge. It will be in Idaho Falls at 6pm this Thursday (Aug. 20). Stephanie's family, along with myself, will be speaking. For more info or specific directions, PM me or post on Stephanie's thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53197&highlight=stephanie+eldridge THANKS! :)

bump.. Bump..BUmp...BUMp....BUMP!!!!! FOR ROBERT! Come on LE! What is going on?

Another bump in the road for Robert! I don't get it! Casey Anthony was arrested the next day for child neglect without any physical evidence---why nothing here if there was blood found in apartment? It has to have been DNA'd by now surely. Can't they at least arrest for child endangerment? Sigh

Another bump in the road for Robert! I don't get it! Casey Anthony was arrested the next day for child neglect without any physical evidence---why nothing here if there was blood found in apartment? It has to have been DNA'd by now surely. Can't they at least arrest for child endangerment? Sigh

Casey said her daughter was kidnapped a month prior and she as her mother had not sought help. That gave them the grounds for a neglect charge. In hopes of getting her to talk, on the slim chance Caylee was alive, they decided to bring her in.

This guy says he walked away for 3 minutes and his child was kidnapped. They can't charge him with neglect for that act.

I think we all have some general idea of what happened, minus the gory details and possible accomplices, just from how the investigation proceeded and the actions of those involved. I really don't understand why they haven't made any arrests. They don't have to have all their evidence processed to make an arrest, do they? I though they just needed enough to show probable cause?

Just last weekend a guy was boating up at McCall (100 miles north of Boise) and crashed their boat with 12 people on board - 2 of them were killed and one was injured. They arrested him on the spot and charged him with two counts of involuntary manslaughter. They think he may have been drunk and said they'll amend the charges later if necessary, pending the toxicology reports. I just don't understand how they can be so swift in some cases and just do nothing in others, like this one with Robert. It makes no sense to me.

Casey said her daughter was kidnapped a month prior and she as her mother had not sought help. That gave them the grounds for a neglect charge. In hopes of getting her to talk, on the slim chance Caylee was alive, they decided to bring her in.

This guy says he walked away for 3 minutes and his child was kidnapped. They can't charge him with neglect for that act.

impatientredhead I think you meant this post to be in the Hassani Campbell thread. JMHO

His foster dad is the one that walked away for 2-5 minutes & Hassani diappeared. Hassani is listed as kidnapped right now, & Robert was found deceased & went missing after his mother's bf had him for the summer for visitation.....she came home from work.....he was gone....found later deceased in a canal.

Hassani still hasn't been found yet & I do agree with you about LR should be charged for neglect. IMO he & possibly the Auntie did something, but right now I'm leaning more that he acted alone.

I keep hoping for an arrest like all of you here.

Robert will never be forgotten!

Thank you to everyone who hasn't forgot about Robert! :blowkiss:

:praying: For Justice For Robert!
Safe In God's Arm's

Neighbors long to know about Robert Manwill investigation
Posted: Aug 17, 2009 10:14 PM EDT
<snipped>
The body of eight-year-old Robert Manwill was found August 3rd.

Now just a few weeks later, still nothing from Boise police as to a potential suspect in his murder.

And now some people in the neighborhood where the boy originally went missing are growing concerned.

"I think everyone's wondering what's going on with the investigation," said Megan Egbert.

Egbert lives just a few blocks away. She's hoping that soon there will be some news from police, if nothing else, but for a little piece of mind.

"The not knowing what happened and especially being close to here -- wanting to think our neighborhood is safe," said Egbert.

Others say they'd like to know, simply because of what they've already been through as neighbors. Many have been personally affected by the ongoing investigation.

"Yeah, it was kind of hard to deal with just because we kept having police come to our house. And like I said, we got searched twice, and the garage and everything. It was fine, we were willing to help and everything, so it was fine, but it was just kind of crazy for the last couple weeks," said Tana Loan, another neighbor.

But so far, detectives are keeping anything they might know very close to the vest.

What they have said has been scant -- that Robert was murdered, that it happened at the hands of someone he knew, and there were signs he was injured at his mother's apartment.

With nothing more to go on, the community is getting restless, and speculation is running wild.

"I think everybody has their ideas. There's a lot of speculation about the family environment -- previous charges," said Egbert.

"I think it should be dealt with, with the family and the police. And once they want to release a story, then they should," Loan added.

Article:
http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10945666&nav=menu439_2_1

Ok, they are saying it is DE. So what's the holdup with bringing DE to justice? They could get a conviction on what they've got already, I have no doubt. Is this because of his rights? Because he can hide behind a doctor who says to "leave him alone, this is too much stress for him". I am really having a hard time with LE bending over backwards to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. Maybe the public needs to become more insistent that he be brought to justice. Or maybe he's blaming her and she's blaming him, so they are sorting it out. Go ahead and charge them both, one did it, and one was an accomplice. Do we have to have a lynch mob mentality to get this ball rolling? Some things require time and patience, putting this where he belongs is not something that needs to be treated delicately with kid gloves. Enough!:mad:

impatientredhead I think you meant this post to be in the Hassani Campbell thread. JMHO

His foster dad is the one that walked away for 2-5 minutes & Hassani diappeared. Hassani is listed as kidnapped right now, & Robert was found deceased & went missing after his mother's bf had him for the summer for visitation.....she came home from work.....he was gone....found later deceased in a canal.

Hassani still hasn't been found yet & I do agree with you about LR should be charged for neglect. IMO he & possibly the Auntie did something, but right now I'm leaning more that he acted alone.

I keep hoping for an arrest like all of you here.

Robert will never be forgotten!

Thank you to everyone who hasn't forgot about Robert! :blowkiss:

:praying For Justice For Robert!
Safe In God's Arm's

You are correct, wrong thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online