GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone contact the police directly, as a member of the "press", or in this case, online blogging, to get better information? These endless days of nothing are growing very tiresome. Some of you Sleuthers know a lot and have been on here for ages, so you could represent our "community" and try contacting them directly. They may just stonewall you, but maybe you might get someone willing to expound a little more about when we should expect someone be brought up on charges. Just a thought.

Could someone contact the police directly, as a member of the "press", or in this case, online blogging, to get better information? These endless days of nothing are growing very tiresome. Some of you Sleuthers know a lot and have been on here for ages, so you could represent our "community" and try contacting them directly. They may just stonewall you, but maybe you might get someone willing to expound a little more about when we should expect someone be brought up on charges. Just a thought.

I wrote an email to Paul Fredericks of KBCI tv this morning. He had written something in error a while back regarding MJ and DE being brother and sister and I brought it to his attention. He very graciously wrote me back and admitted it was a horrible mistake and thanked me for holding him accountable. Anyway, I asked him if he knew why LE was keeping the media and the public in the dark about what's going on with the case and if he had anything he could share. Haven't heard anything back yet but will keep you posted if I do! :blowkiss:

As I sit here every day reading through these posts, with everyone anxiously awaiting what we all know is the obvious, I get this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about this little boy, who never had a chance. And the signs were everywhere that something was not right with his mother's situation. How do we as a nation rank among civilized, industrial nations with child abuse and death? And have statistics increased lately? If it has (as I fear) why, because of drugs? breakdown of the family? not using birth control and procreating when you do not have the "tools" to parent properly? What happened to Robert will not be the last time, sadly, that we hear about something like this.
We as a society are failing to protect some of our children, and that is a sad commentary about us. This must stop.

I was thinking about a solution. Child abuse must be treated separately as the most deplorable of crimes. If you ever are accused and found guilty of child abuse, you must be registered like a sex offender. You must have cameras installed in your home, so you can be monitored. When you are on camera, you are less likely to commit some atrocity. I know it's an invasion of privacy, but while you are responsible for your children, they are not owned, they have the right to be protected. I know that sounds like "Big Brother", but in the case of children, we must be willing to go to drastic lengths so that no other child is beaten, and tossed in a canal like yesterday's garbage by some sick parent or parental substitute. Then I think of barbaric places like Saudi Arabia........you've heard the stories about how they don't have a lot of crime, because the penalties are so severe, for instance the punishment for stealing is having your hands chopped off. Severe, yes, but that's why there isn't a lot of theft there. The Japanese used to have low crime rates, because they didn't want to impose shame on their families. We have been so understanding and tolerant, and in some cases, like ones involving inanimate objects and are non violent crimes, maybe more rehabilitation is possible. But with children, there can be not only "0" tolerance, but the consequences must be so horrible, that no one would want to face. We cannot continue to have these crimes happen, and then have to wait around until the perp feels better so we can arrest him.

I just read about a crime on Websleuths about a father who slit his 3 year old and 5 year old's throats because he was jealous that his ex-wife had someone over to spend the night. He killed his ex-mother-in-law also. This just happened in Canton Ohio, at the beginning of June of this year. The mother of the children did everything right, had restraining orders, the father only had supervised visitation, but somehow finagled it to get unsupervised visitation. She pleaded for help, and she was ignored. He confessed immediately (the children's bodies were still in their car seats in the back of his car). And when he was being arraigned, the judge asked him if he was being treated okay by the jailers. (I'm quite sure this was a sarcastic question), and he replied, "adequate, but I'm a strict vegetarian, and they are not giving me things I can eat". Words cannot describe..........

Let's start a movement to treat crimes against children with a harshness and severity, that might be a major deterrent to would be offenders. I think the public cannot stand to hear about these crimes, so they don't want to address them. It's too horrible and we just want to turn our heads because the sadness is overwhelming. But we must face facts and take action to stop this from happening over and over.

OMG Joni great post. I've been saying the same thing for at least the last 6 years! I have had it UP-TO-HERE with the perps rights. I am thoroughly disgusted with our system and about ready to pack up my kids and move to Saudi Arabia! I understand our civil rights and all but this country has just gone way over the top with it and it's out of control. It's insane what is done do these children and what these criminals get away with, and I cannot understand WHY it's this way. Our lawmakers certainly don't listen to us, they all seem to be in their field of work for the money, houses, cars, etc..
I am sick, sick, sick of it!

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME, WHAT CAN WE DO TO END THIS???

Ok, rant over. Sorry.

Boise Police will hold a news briefing tonight at 7 p.m. MAJOR Development in Robert Manwill case.

Praying for an arrest!!

Boise Police will hold a news briefing tonight at 7 p.m. MAJOR Development in Robert Manwill case.

Praying for an arrest!!

I pray this is the news we've all been waiting for! JUSTICE for Robert.

Yes!!!!! I heard there was a rumor of an arrest on the radio on my way home, and I knew straight away where I had to go when I got home... WS!!! Justice for Robert.

Boise Police will hold a news briefing tonight at 7 p.m. about the Robert Manwill case. We'll carry it live right here. Stay tuned.

http://www.2news.tv/

Boise Police have scheduled a 7 p.m. news conference tonight to announce a major development in the Robert Manwill homicide investigation. The 8-year-old was found murdered earlier this month. We will carry the press conference live on NewsChannel 7.

http://www.ktvb.com/

I'm thoroughly disgusted any children were allowed around these people! How could this happen?!?

I'm just glad they've finally made an arrest, though.

Please bring justice for little Robert!

I just KNEW it would turn out to be him! :furious:

Thank God LE was able to make an arrest!

Boise Police have scheduled a 7 p.m. news conference tonight to announce a major development in the Robert Manwill homicide investigation. The 8-year-old was found murdered earlier this month. We will carry the press conference live on NewsChannel 7.

http://www.ktvb.com/

SuziQ: What time zone would this be please (if you know) - I want to watch it if it is not too late.

Eleph

Praise God. I'd like to send a big ole hug and kiss out to Kearns and all the other LE involved in this case. WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!

We knew you'd get him Kearns. You told us you would!!!!!

:blowkiss:

ETA: here's a link directly to the live video link-up for KTVB. Starts in about twenty minutes.

http://www.ktvb.com/video/?nvid=57412&live=yes

Now the clock starts ticking. LE must have all the evidence etc. they need to make this stick.
HOORAY! Let's pray for justice for Robert.

SuziQ: What time zone would this be please (if you know) - I want to watch it if it is not too late.

Eleph

I hope you don't mind me answering..SuziQ is not on the thread at this time..It will be shown on Mountain Time..In 15 minutes..I wouldnt want you to miss it! :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth