Found Deceased ID - Shawnta Larae Pankey, 25, Idaho County, 15 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately no news is not good news.

I wish they'd release more information. How do they know they were camping together? Did anyone see both of them together or separately at the campground? I assume that this has been established somehow, but if not, they could've been anywhere...maybe that was their initial plan but didn't end up going camping at all, or went to a different campsite. Would love to know boyfriend's excuse why he never bothered to look for her or report her missing. Did he go to work as usual the next day? Was he inspected for defensive wounds? Has he taken a poly?

Does anyone a good free site to look up criminal records? I know we can't sleuth anyone til they're officially named by media, but we're free to do what we want off Websleuths. If anyone could provide a site or two I'd appreciate it.

https://www.idcourts.us/repository/partyResults.do

Outside of individual county records, some public, some not, the only free site I used to use post retirement has been shuttered. I use another one now but it's $19 a quarter so NOT free and it won't let you search by birthdate so if it's a common name it's a bit unreliable. The boyfriend has NOT been named so there is no way to look him up, even if we can't ethically post about it.

Outside of individual county records, some public, some not, the only free site I used to use post retirement has been shuttered. I use another one now but it's $19 a quarter so NOT free and it won't let you search by birthdate so if it's a common name it's a bit unreliable. The boyfriend has NOT been named so there is no way to look him up, even if we can't ethically post about it.

I DO know his name, I was just wondering if there was a free go-to site that anyone here knows about. Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, from that site:

NOTICE: The Idaho Courts are in the process of transitioning to a new court records system, iCourt.

> Data on this system is no longer available for the following counties: Ada, Adams, Benewah, Blaine, Boise, Bonner, Boundary, Camas, Canyon, Cassia, Clearwater, Elmore, Gem, Gooding, Idaho, Jerome, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Lincoln, Minidoka, Nez Perce, Owyhee, Payette, Shoshone, Twin Falls, Valley, and Washington.

ETA: She went missing from Idaho County, and most counties are not available either.

Cops ramp up search for missing woman

GRANGEVILLE - Idaho County detectives have been following up on what appears to be a credible lead in the disappearance of Shawnta L. Pankey, 25, of Grangeville.

Detective Jerry Johnson said Tuesday a man called the sheriff's office Thursday night to report a possible sighting of the woman, who has been missing since mid-April.

[...]

The caller described the woman as someone who "looked like somebody out of their element," Johnson said. The caller said she was wearing a tank top, no jacket, carrying a large purse and wearing shoes that were not hiking shoes.

At first, Johnson said, the man and his companions didn't think much more about it. But after hearing news reports and seeing a photo, the caller thought the woman he saw might be Pankey.

Since then, Johnson said, he and other searchers have been combing the area around the reported sighting.

An earlier report of a man in a green pickup truck with Utah license plates was checked out but found not to be related to the case, Idaho County Sheriff Doug Giddings said Tuesday.

On Monday, two cadaver dog teams from Clearwater County assisted searchers and had two alerts toward the top of the Rice Creek Grade. Johnson said he and Detective Brian Hewson of the sheriff's office hiked a steep hillside Tuesday where the dogs picked up scents.

"We found several dead animals, but we still don't think we've found the source of the one (dog alert)," he said.

Johnson said he definitely could smell something, but the rainy weather impeded the search. Detectives plan to return to the area when the weather is drier.

[...]

http://lmtribune.com/northwest/cops...cle_0d94b3e8-6f72-53cb-abd2-4e25d56f8532.html

Boot found,
https://www.facebook.com/1140730759...730759305729/1910966118948852/?type=3&theater

Big Country News Connection Local News UPDATE:

Asotin County Sheriff’s Office

Incident: Found Boot

Date: 05/02/18

A pink and brown Ariat women’s cowboy boot was turned into the Asotin County Sheriff’s Office yesterday afternoon. The boot was found placed upside down on a tree limb near Beachview Park on the Washington side of the Snake River.

The boot was very wet as though it had recently been in the river. Idaho County missing person, Shawnta Pankey, was last seen wearing the same type of boots.

The Asotin County Sheriff’s Office is requesting anyone who may have lost a similar boot or with knowledge of the found boot to contact Det. Jackie Nichols at 509-758-2331. The missing person case is an active investigation and anyone with information regarding the missing person case should contact Det. Jerry Johnson of Idaho County at 208-983-1100.

Google Maps shows Beachview park as being on the Snake River in Lewiston. That's about a hundred miles (not straight line, but river line) from where she went missing.

Wasn't she near the Salmon River when she went missing?? Isn't that in some mountain range? Do the rivers connect??

Wasn't she near the Salmon River when she went missing?? Isn't that in some mountain range? Do the rivers connect??
They do connect. The Salmon River joins the Snake River north of Hells Canyon, 15 miles (25 km) south of the Washington border and 40 miles (65 km) south of Lewiston. That is just south of where the boot that resembled hers was found.

They do connect. The Salmon River joins the Snake River north of Hells Canyon, 15 miles (25 km) south of the Washington border and 40 miles (65 km) south of Lewiston. That is just south of where the boot that resembled hers was found.

I believe 3 rivers converge but not certain where but somewhere in northern Idaho...the Snake, the Salmon, and the Clearwater. I thought it was near Grangeville but could be wrong. I know when I visit my folks in Grangeville we usually visit the Clearwater river to hang out on the beach, picnic, etc. in the summer. So obviously the Salmon is very close too. Going north to Lewiston I remember passing over the Snake River.

ETA: It's interesting to note it was near the Snake River near Lewiston. As per the articles, she has family who is taking care of her 6 year old in Lewiston. So she has close ties there.

O/T but just had to check, it was driving me crazy and didn't want to spread false info:

[FONT=&quot]Yes, the Clearwater also converges with the Snake River, near Lewiston Idaho (Lewiston is about a 70 mile drive north of Grangeville, and approx. 45 miles north of Cottonwood). But, the Clearwater has no relevance to this case. Just FYI. :)[/FONT]

Google Maps shows Beachview park as being on the Snake River in Lewiston. That's about a hundred miles (not straight line, but river line) from where she went missing.

This is perplexing. Would her body have been able to be swept that far away after this amount of time? I imagine a body would likely get caught up in logs, under branches or something like rather than floating free for 100 miles. But this is just her boot, a much smaller object which would be possible to be swept that far I’m guessing. If not, maybe she entered the river far north of where she was last seen (for instance if there was foul play she could’ve been driven quite sways and had her body dumped in the river closer to Lewiston)

Just thinking out loud, not sure if this makes sense to anyone.

What do y’all think might’ve happened if this really is one of her boots?

Hi just throwing out ideas. But maybe the boot just floated down. We have come across clothing and boots while camping and placed them out to dry on trees etc. the contradiction with us is we also remove things like that floating from rivers due to pollution reasons ( the contradiction is that realistically we should actually take it with our rubbish! )
If there was a struggle and she was kicking (sad) maybe they came off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi just throwing out ideas. But maybe the boot just floated down. We have come across clothing and boots while camping and placed them out to dry on trees etc. the contradiction with us is we also remove things like that floating from rivers due to pollution reasons ( the contradiction is that realistically we should actually take it with our rubbish! )
If there was a struggle and she was kicking (sad) maybe they came off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, it may have snagged up on something and got pulled off in the water at some point. Many parts of the river have extremely strong currents.

This is perplexing. Would her body have been able to be swept that far away after this amount of time? I imagine a body would likely get caught up in logs, under branches or something like rather than floating free for 100 miles. But this is just her boot, a much smaller object which would be possible to be swept that far I’m guessing. If not, maybe she entered the river far north of where she was last seen (for instance if there was foul play she could’ve been driven quite sways and had her body dumped in the river closer to Lewiston)

Just thinking out loud, not sure if this makes sense to anyone.

What do y’all think might’ve happened if this really is one of her boots?

IMO if it is her boot it could have gone that far once it left her foot depending on water levels and how strong the currents are. OR consider the possibility IF she was tossed in the river it was far far away from where it was reported she was last seen and transported closer to where the boot was located. JMO....

IMO if it is her boot it could have gone that far once it left her foot depending on water levels and how strong the currents are. OR consider the possibility IF she was tossed in the river it was far far away from where it was reported she was last seen and transported closer to where the boot was located. JMO....

I think you’re saying the same thing I was saying. That those two scenarios are both possible.

During the time she went missing the Snake River was much higher and swifter than normal for this time of year. https://waterdata.usgs.gov/wy/nwis/uv?site_no=13022500

Bump.

No new news.

My mom met Shawnta previously, and her name is actually pronounced Shawn-tay. Just an FYI because I have heard no new information on this case. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back