ID ID - Wallace (Jacob's Gulch), WhtMale 679UMID, 60, Found On Hiking Trail, Jun'02

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To everyone who had studied this case more closely: How did this guy end off in Kellogg, Idaho? By bus, by train? He doesn't sound like a hitchhiker...
If bus/train, are there any specific lines running through the town?

To everyone who had studied this case more closely: How did this guy end off in Kellogg, Idaho? By bus, by train? He doesn't sound like a hitchhiker...
If bus/train, are there any specific lines running through the town?

This is what I could find in the thread
It is also very close to the freeway and the Greyhound bus stop. If someone got off the bus and wanted the easiest place to walk into the woods, that would be likely where they would end up.

49044847_10157032756484452_9095921489391124480_n.jpg

I was born and raised in Kellogg, this case has haunted me for a while now. I'm new here, but more than willing to help. I did not see any hanging questions, but if anyone else has any i would be more than happy to answer, or get you answers if I do not know.

I was born and raised in Kellogg, this case has haunted me for a while now. I'm new here, but more than willing to help. I did not see any hanging questions, but if anyone else has any i would be more than happy to answer, or get you answers if I do not know.
Hi @Katerprincess. Welcome to WebSleuths! I'm not new here, but I just stumbled across this case. It's kind of surprising it hasn't been solved yet.

One thing that struck me is the clothing. Black jacket, black jeans, and black shoes, mostly department store brands, plus a black duffel bag. That strikes me as someone trying to be inconspicuous and/or conservative in their clothing choices. There was also no hat or sunglasses so it's very unlikely this was a hiker or someone who worked outdoors routinely (MOO). As was pointed out earlier about the weapon, it was a common choice of ex-LE. With that, plus the clothing, it sounds to me like maybe it could be a PI or someone who worked in some type of security-related profession.

What doesn't make any sense to me is the duffel bag. Were there undisclosed contents? If not, why have a bag just for scissors, cigs, and a 9mm magazine? The jacket was described as "near the body" which suggests it was not actually in the bag. Plus, of course, there was no ID, wallet, or car keys. Sure, it could have been someone who arrived there by bus and committed suicide. But foul play seems at least plausible here.

Probably because the weapon and the magazine weigh quite a lot and would be awkward to be carrying in a jacket pocket. Also if he was hitching rides or riding a bus or something, it would be less conspicuous. And he could stuff the jacket into it while he was riding.

I am guessing that "near the body" means he put the jacket over his head before he pulled the trigger. Based on other cases in here, it's a fairly common thing to do. It's also very common for a certain kind of suicidal individual to leave their ID and keys and such behind. Sometimes it's because they don't want their family to ever find out, and sometimes it seems like they want to become nobody before they take the final step.

Bump
I have some thoughts on this case. Forgive me if any of this has been mentioned. I've read the entire thread and don't recall seeing it.
First, the decedents belt had a turquoise stone on it. Is it possible that he or someone he loved was born in December?
Second, we know the gun recovered with his body was sold in Texas in 1996. Do we know if the decedent was the one who purchased it? Is it possible the decedent got the gun from the person who bought it in Texas?
Third, I don't know much about guns so feel free to explain this to me, but why would he bring a full magazine in a Ziploc bag if he was just planning to kill himself?
Lastly, this man had a gun holster with him. This indicates to me he was familiar with and had some level of training with guns.
I'm really hoping he gets his name back. I'm quite surprised he's been nameless for this long.

Bump
I have some thoughts on this case. Forgive me if any of this has been mentioned. I've read the entire thread and don't recall seeing it.
First, the decedents belt had a turquoise stone on it. Is it possible that he or someone he loved was born in December?
Second, we know the gun recovered with his body was sold in Texas in 1996. Do we know if the decedent was the one who purchased it? Is it possible the decedent got the gun from the person who bought it in Texas?
Third, I don't know much about guns so feel free to explain this to me, but why would he bring a full magazine in a Ziploc bag if he was just planning to kill himself?
Lastly, this man had a gun holster with him. This indicates to me he was familiar with and had some level of training with guns.
I'm really hoping he gets his name back. I'm quite surprised he's been nameless for this long.
I’m quite surprised this is unsolved, as well. Wallace is a small town geared towards ecotourism and of course silver. My thoughts are someone local however Idaho and neighboring Washington have people that love hermit lives in the bush so maybe this individual doesn’t have anyone to miss them. quite sad.

I'll admit this is probably a far fetched scenario but where this UID was found is less than an hour from Hayden, the home of the former Aryan Nations compound. In 2002 the group was dealing with repercussions from a 2000 lawsuit. IMO there is a possibility that this UID could have been a former member, business associate or potential witness... It's probably too far fetched, I know. Here's a news story that sort of gives a snapshot of what was going on with the group the following year:
Hayden candidate faces hate crime charge

He could have also been a guy from somewhere in the region who said or did something wrong in their presence. My uncle was up in that area (I'm not sure of the year) to buy a truck once. He had long hair at the time and because of this was pulled out of his car and beaten up on the hood of it by a group of skinheads. As an Idaho resident I'm embarrassed by this history but only the truth is actually helpful with these cases. Also, Wallace was a brothel town where LE turned a blind eye. There is some very interesting research on that here: https://abusinessdoingpleasure.com/
Totally off topic but I recently moved to Washington from another state. I wanted to look for the petroglyphs out at Priest Lake, Idaho and pulled over to look at a map next to a restroom. A couple pulled up and the woman actually refused to use the same restroom as me. I am of Mexican/Indigenous ancestry. Shocked me to know end. I grew up around so many different walks of life to move out here and have that experience brought me to the reality. Washington is unfortunately not that much better if you look “different”. A shame because it’s so beautiful up here- the land, the history.
P.s. Have you read any of Jess Walters books? He wrote a piece of historical fiction about Spokane and Wallace and it’s history are included.

@MadMcGoo suggested this guy as a possible match a couple of years ago. NamUs still has only the four exclusions and he's not among them. Here's a slightly more recent MSM story about him but unfortunately not a lot of more helpful details. The Justice Files: Ron Druce, where are you?
ETA Maybe it's the glasses, but he certainly looked like the closest match with the postmortem pic. I hope his family gets some answers soon either way.

I came across this missing person. He is only listed on the Doe Network, not in Namus and not on CP. He has a thread here but no additional info. Nothing else about him found. A strange case if you ask me.

TX - TX - Kester Johnson, 52, Houston, 29 Sept 1996

1609DMTX - Kester Denmon Johnson

Name: Kester Denmon Johnson
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: September 29, 1996
Location Last Seen: Houston, Harris County, Texas (gun was bought in Houston Texas in 1996)
Race: White UID white
Height: 5'9" UID 5'10" Estimated
Weight: 150 lbs. UID 185 lbs, Estimated
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray UID different stats; Doe Network Grey hair with reddish highlights, NamUs: Red/auburn hair, balding
Eye Color: Brown UID brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: He is missing vertebrae from his spine and has a small mole under his nose. He wears glasses. UID wore glasses At the time of his disappearance, he had a mustache.

Dentals: Not Available UID full dentures
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Johnson was last seen in Houston, TX on September 29, 1996. His case was closed in 2005 but it is believed that he has not actually been located.

Questions are off course; where was he in between and is he still missing.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this John Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this John Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP11874Richard Long
Date of Last ContactDecember 18, 2001
StateOR
CountyDouglas
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP23813Ronald Druce
Date of Last ContactMay 20, 2000
StateUT
CountySalt Lake
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP17431James Nigra
Date of Last ContactJune 10, 2001
StateCA
CountyLos Angeles
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP8994Michael Allan
Date of Last ContactOctober 31, 1997
StateFL
CountyPasco

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP11874Richard Long
Date of Last ContactDecember 18, 2001
StateOR
CountyDouglas
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP23813Ronald Druce
Date of Last ContactMay 20, 2000
StateUT
CountySalt Lake
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP17431James Nigra
Date of Last ContactJune 10, 2001
StateCA
CountyLos Angeles
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP8994Michael Allan
Date of Last ContactOctober 31, 1997
StateFL
CountyPasco
He has a new rule out - Donald Collins DLC 1992. Thank god they ruled him out because if I saw his photo, I would have done a double take.
1697072217658.png

Tentatively suggesting Robert Bode... DLC March 2000, 5'9, 180lbs, gray hair, brown eyes. His middle finger is described as being 'split down the middle', which I'm confused about?? Are they describing polydactyly?? Or an old injury? If it's something super obvious, this would of course eliminate him. His glasses also are more rectangular than UIDs but it is never stated these are the glasses he had when he went missing.
Robert "Bob" Bode was last seen on March 3, 2000 leaving his daughter's house in Tucson, AZ saying he was going to visit his parents in Clarkdale, AZ but he never arrived. Tucson is a day's drive from Wallace.
1697072476722.png1697072488463.png1697072511959.png

Tentatively suggesting Robert Bode... DLC March 2000, 5'9, 180lbs, gray hair, brown eyes. His middle finger is described as being 'split down the middle', which I'm confused about?? Are they describing polydactyly?? Or an old injury? If it's something super obvious, this would of course eliminate him. His glasses also are more rectangular than UIDs but it is never stated these are the glasses he had when he went missing.
Robert "Bob" Bode was last seen on March 3, 2000 leaving his daughter's house in Tucson, AZ saying he was going to visit his parents in Clarkdale, AZ but he never arrived. Tucson is a day's drive from Wallace.
View attachment 452872View attachment 452873View attachment 452874
I like this suggestion a lot, because in my eyes he comes very close to the PM picture. I wouldn't hang on to the glasses so much. This is a picture of him with more round glasses. It looks a lot like the one JD is wearing.

1697128795884.png

I'm not sure what they mean with his middle finger is "split down the middle". Could it be something that was overlooked? Also I wonder about what happened to his car. It went missing with him. JD is estimated 60 yrs. Robert would have been 53 in 2002. I also wonder where he might have been between 2000 and 2002. Also JD had full set false teeth where as JD's right upper front tooth has a cap. A lot can happen in two years, but how realistic is everything together?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back