If the Perp Posted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"And hence," is a very common term for mathmaticians, especially for those who have studied lots of geometry and logic.

It is not uncommon to put an "and" with the hence. --

If my memory serves me, Patsy got her degree in journalism? Not any math related field. -- So I conclude those linguistics "experts" who conclude the note was written by Patsy, simply do not know what the hell they are talking about.

AND HENCE, I conclude....

That's why they're rated out of 5. They must have the other grammatical markers as well. I read pretty much every 'and hence' sentence I come upon, and they just don't come close. These ones do. They are almost perfect. The only other all most perfect 'and hence' sentence I have ever seen - meaning that it meets all of the criteria - is in the 1997 Xmas letter from the Rams. Anyone can use 'and hence' but use it in an interdependent clause(1) structure of (if, then, then)(2) with a modal in the second clause,(3) polyptoton,(4) and of course 'and hence' (5) - well, that is something I have yet to see anyone do - and I ask a lot of people. This is something that the author of the 1997 Xmas letter and the author of the Ransom note share, and of course, the above sentences that I listed; they all have the same 'hat,' by the way. The question was do the Rams post here or some such thing - and I say Patsy did. Of course, that 'hat' could be someone else now...

IMO the offender might be anti-Ramsey. I think he might just enjoy the fact that some of the posters here who are anti-Ramsey get so worked up, I think he might get off on that. There have been a few serial murderers who were police officers and ambulance drivers who would make sure that they could respond to the crime, to see the reactions, the body, to feel superior to all the investigators. (Kinda like a "I am right here, and none of you have a clue...") He might also like to argue back and forth on either issue. So, would it be possible for someone to be posting on BOTH sides of the issue?

Do you read much? Most academics use 'and hence.' That includes linguists, literary types, psychologists, sociologists, anthropologists, biologists, medical, legal, and even criminologists. It appears in fiction as well. And actually, if the Unabomber manifesto is any indication, mathematicians, deviant ones anyway, prefer 'hence.'

But can they construct their sentence to duplicate the ransom note construction. No they cannot. Even if you ask them directly - and I have.

I was reading that the word "hence" was a popular word during the Victorian times. Maybe an upper class southern belle wrote the ransom note :silenced:

"A street robber or footpad. Hence the modern "Mugger"

"The introduction of the telegraph offered a wonderfully quick way to send messages, but had the embarassing consequence that one's message would pass through -- letter by letter -- at least two (and often more) other persons. Hence the intense desire for some way to preserve the privacy of one's communications, and the eruption of a cottage industry (a very small cottage, to be sure) in the creation of cyphers".

"Rangon, and hence to keep away from the heat of the hot summer they
searched for a cool corner in the hills, similar to the English
climate".

In an interview writer Tod Goldberg was asked about a picture of himself on one of his books:

Q. "Is that why you opted for a black and white picture?"

A. "I opted for the black and white picture because I'm a writer and therefore must appear arty at all times. Hence, the turtle neck. Hence the use of the word "hence".

JMO

twilight said:
Do you read much?

But can they construct their sentence to duplicate the ransom note construction. No they cannot. Even if you ask them directly - and I have.

Lance: Do I read much? -- Well since 1983, I have read over 600 books, mostly non-fiction, some old Greek classics like the "Dialogues of Plato," "Crime and Punishment," Thomsas' book, and DOI, Divide and Rule, Introduction to Criminology, Aggression and Crimes of Violence, Criminal Justice, Four Hours at My Lia, A Rumor of War, many of the books I've read are scientific in nature. Most were not associated with any course work. I read them because I wanted to know things.

Specifically what "construct to duplicate the ransom note" do you not think I can do? -- Refresh me. It's been a while since I looked at the note. BTW, I do not consider it a "ransom note."

twilight said:
No Shawna, Patsy wrote it.

And from studying your posts for many years now, I think this was your conclusion before you ever saw the "ransom note."

Your "science," as I've seen it here, is more like sophistry than science or logic. You seem to start with a conclusion, then try to pile "evidence" on to make your conclusion look justified in the hopes that someday you can snow a jury.

This is a backassward type of logic, and it is more like the witch hunts of old.

How very interesting. And here was me thinking you didn't read at all - ~gosh~ I'm impressed! Waddijalearn?

Notes that ask for money and contain threats of violence - well, that is the register of ransom notes. It is not authentic, but it does fall into the correct register and therefore is a ransom note.

Just scroll back up the thread. I specified what the sentence must contain to match the ransom note. 5 points - shouldn't be hard for an author like yourself - and well read to boot!

If you want the whole ransom note, don't go to the Ramsey site. They don't want it read. But it is out there...why it's even in their book, typed of course. After all, too many people were recognizing Patsy's handwriting and not enough people were recognizing an intruder's handwriting.

Interesting. A poster who seldom posts on the JBR Forum, then comes on this thread, raises an eyebrow, and of course, we all take it in perspective, no?

twilight said:
Just scroll back up the thread. I specified what the sentence must contain to match the ransom note. 5 points - shouldn't be hard for an author like yourself - and well read to boot! .

If you are referring to your post # 95, you are going to have to be more specific about what your five points are. -- If it is another post, give me the post number.

People who leave a real ransom note do not also leave the body; AND, HENCE, the "ransom note" was for some other purpose.

Actually Lance, you're absolutely right. My phasal analysis was done - completed and presented, before I ever set finger to keyboard on this forum. It was subsequently published and is available for a nominal fee from either the University of North Dakota, or University of Manitoba - LCMND.

So, yes, I came here knowing Patsy was guilty of constructing a kidnap. And I said so.

I post here for fun now, {{It's almost a hobby...}} and to keep in touch with the convoluted American justice system. You know the one where $$ buys privilege. It's also friggin cold out today (-50) and life gets a little boring when the car won't start.

twilight said:
I post here for fun now, {{It's almost a hobby...}} and to keep in touch with the convoluted American justice system. You know the one where $$ buys privilege. It's also friggin cold out today (-50) and life gets a little boring when the car won't start.

Hey, It is PLUS 45 out here in Wyoming. I guess God just likes us better?

Actually, I agree with your "$$ buys privilege" in the American "justice" system.--But Unlike you, I did not let my prejudice sway my opinion in this case. -- Don't get me wrong, I don't give any Ramsey a pass; but so far I have seen no real UNBIASED evidence that any of them are guilty of anything, other than being rich and maybe a bit stupid at times.

I have seen lots of people with a blind agenda who have been on a witch hunt since the FBI guy told the cops it was an inside job, look at the family.

Lance, whether or not someone from the FBI said it looked like an inside job, the fact is, John Ramsey said it first.

Lance55 said:
Where did you get that from?

From the John Ramsey interview on April 30, 1997:

Steve Thomas: "John, I've noticed you made a comment on the 26th regarding this being an inside job."

John Ramsey: "Well, and that morning we had certainly focused on the cleaning lady."

After thinking about what he had blurted out, four months later John decided the cleaning lady made it an inside job. LOL.

JMO

Britt - what would you call it for purposes of identification. 'A wedding invitation,' 'a Christmas letter,' 'a journal entry,' 'a grocery list' etc. etc.

It was a See--we TOLD you there was an intruder! note.

No note = no "proof" of an intruder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back