If the Perp Posted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Toth said:
And many, many posters know my whereabouts, age, hobbies and unfortunately, my looks! Which is why I often post on dieting sites. Alas. I often tell forum posters when we arrange a meeting that they will have no trouble recognizing me due to my weight.

OMIGOD! Have we uncovered the 300 lb man?

JMO

Toth said:
And many, many posters know my whereabouts, age, hobbies and unfortunately, my looks! Which is why I often post on dieting sites. Alas. I often tell forum posters when we arrange a meeting that they will have no trouble recognizing me due to my weight.

And how do you go about meeting people from the forums? I am not being cynical; I am curious. I've never read anything personal about you to really know your whereabouts, etc... Give us the same info you may have shared at MissInformation's Double B Ranch.

The only poster I've attempted to meet is Camper, when I was in Longmont in the fall. We couldn't get it arranged, however, as she was in the middle of moving across town.

Well, maybe Toth Follower's posts of "Toth knows. Believe and trust in Toth" should be given more weight by you, but I really don't think these posts about other posters are proper and it would be better to concentrate on the evidence.

Toth said:
Well, maybe Toth Follower's posts of "Toth knows. Believe and trust in Toth" should be given more weight by you, but I really don't think these posts about other posters are proper and it would be better to concentrate on the evidence.

Well, there's just not too much going on, and hence, we are interested in analyzing posting behaviors.

Toth said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and lots of us prefer cuddly men.

Nehemiah said:
And how do you go about meeting people from the forums? I am not being cynical; I am curious. I've never read anything personal about you to really know your whereabouts, etc... Give us the same info you may have shared at MissInformation's Double B Ranch.

The only poster I've attempted to meet is Camper, when I was in Longmont in the fall. We couldn't get it arranged, however, as she was in the middle of moving across town.

I met one of my very good friends on the Internet. It was many years ago and we were both working in Universities at the time. We made contact over a research issue and we started to exchange e-mails regularly. A year later, I was involved in another research project which entailed me going to Canada where she lives and so we arranged to meet up. Since then, I've been to stay with her twice and she's been over here twice to stay with us.

Maybe it's none of our bussiness, Toth, but for some of us, when our sleuthing natures compel us to sleuth, even if it's just to find a suspected fungus among us, we can't resist. It's a "Call of the Wild" type thing.

So, did Peridot live in Atlanta the last you knew?

I didn't have any personal encounters with Peridot and didn't read many of her posts, but my guess is that Peridot was either Margoo (again), Rainsong, Smokey or Slapfish. I'd possibly go for Smokey because as I recall, Peridot sounded quite intelligent. Slapfish is a bit slapdash. Smokey hasn't posted much recently either.

Jayelles, the only two posters I recognize among those you named besides Peridot are Rainsong and Margoo. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that Rainsong, though somewhat confrontational, wasn't as sarcasatic or as persistent and in-your-face as Peridot. I don't recall that Margoo was either...not quite, anyway. Still, if the three hats represent three faces of Susan, they probably wouldn't behave exactly alike.

Peridot is not Susan Stine or any other case character. I've known her for some time.

It seems quite likely that family members and friends read, and maybe posted, on the old Boulder News Forum. I imagine some drop into the BB forum now. I know some reporters have read at the forums over the years, because I've gotten emails from some. I think the tabs got a number of their stories directly from our research and theories way back when.

I can't keep track of who is a currently registered member and who isn't. Help me out by not speculating (except in jest) about the identities of current WS members.

BTW, you all know what I look like. But, just in case you forgot, see my new sig.

Okee dokee, Maxi. Oh, well, since Peridot isn't Susan Stine, that's that about that anyway.

I visited your website some weeks ago and I forgot to tell you that your little bitty is just the cutest wee thing.

We have two nearly 9 month old bichons and one of them is really tiny - about the size of a yorkie. She has a hole in her heart, but the vet says that's not what is causing her to be small - that she's just small. Having only had Golden Retrievers in the past, it's strange to have these small beings living with us :)

Well, in case anyone is wondering, I am not now, nor have I ever been, Susan Stien.

Lance55 said:
Well, in case anyone is wondering, I am not now, nor have I ever been, Susan Stien.

Hey Lance - I never thought on you. Now there's a horrible thought :crazy:

It all comes down to one thing. Anyone care to claim any of the following remarks? Or maybe you can do better ones...

Here's how it's scored. You have to be able to construct an alpha-beta-beta (2 pts for if, then, then) syntactic structure with a modal (would, could, should, can, may, might, ought to, will, shall) in the second beta clause and polyptoton (same root word with different suffixes) or facsimile thereof, in each clause, and of course the famous 'and hence.' If correct, you would score 5 points.

So, here are some pretty good examples from this forum - are they yours?

I am waiting to see what XXXXXX’s posts…I think she is working on the forum and, hence, took the JBR forum (offline) to complete the work…(3.5)

I checked the *advertiser censored* XXXX thread and saw that many posters are not going to the bottom of the thread before they post and hence, the posts show up out of order. (4)

Maybe anyone entering the house would be sure their feet were clean before walking on the carpeted areas, and, hence, no mud or dirt would be on the shoes to carry into the basement? (4)

The convulted logic that it takes to assume that because Burke wasn’t 10 and couldn’t be charged with a crime, and hence, no crime took place is just that…CONVULTED! (4)

So, ‘Perp’ hadn’t thought everything out and made the mistake of not realizing that ‘leaving’ with JonBenet would trigger the alarm that s/he realized could have been set when the Ramseys returned home. And, HENCE, Perp crawled out the broken window knowing that would NOT trigger the alarm? (3.5)

If I am reading you right, you are basically saying that any child under the age of 10, in Colorado, can kill another child and it is ok because the child under 10 can not be charged with murder, and hence, NO CRIME HAS BEEN COMMITTED. (4)

It means that they are well above the level of coincidence for 'and hence' sentences. IMO, it means that Patsy posted them. Or if you want to believe DOI - Patsy, John, Susan and Roxy got together and constructed them.

ps - they're part of my collection of 'and hence' sentences that appear on the forum from time to time. Guess what? Only one poster ever gets/got it right. Odd, huh?

But we often use "and hence" as a sort of forum joke. Kind of like bussiness.

Nehemiah said:
Well, there's just not too much going on, and hence, we are interested in analyzing posting behaviors.

I used it myself on this very thread; and hence, well....and hence. :)

To use "hence" is not that uncommon ,not in my neck of the woods,however,to use it with that "and" hits the ear wrong,there could be "a" myriad "of" reasons one chooses an "and" before the word. A simple explanation is that to them it sounds right! IMO the "and" before hence..as the "a" and "of" used with myriad sounds wrong,not sure if it is wrong,it just rings wrong to me.
Interestingly, it seems far more common to find that "and" ,that "a" and "of" in print. Time changes word usage,and likely it will be acceptable at some point,if not already.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back